Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Snyders sell the team, hopefully Extremeskins still has a fan in the front office…

Blade

4 hours ago, pez said:

Sorry... Didn't see this, or I would have responded sooner...

Both Tanya Snyder and Jason Wright were sporting their ES Pins at that game.

If you guys recall, we had a ton of those made up a number of years ago to raise money for the tailgate charity (Abby's Army). Tanya reached out to us and then sent her son to our tailgate to purchase more than half of our stock, and handed them out to a bunch of the redskins staff, coaches and others. FYI, this is not the first time she has sported that pin.

During the housecleaning a year or two ago, Extremeskins kinda got lost in the mix, and completely forgotten (we had a couple outages because they forgot to pay the light bill). Huly and I and some of the folks here worked to get ES back on their radar, and I can tell you that Tanya is fully aware of this site's presence.

Despite what you think about Dan Snyder, I can tell you that Tanya is an absolutely awesome person... between her charity efforts, and the way she treats people in the organization, she has been a fantastic person to work with.

A concern that Huly and I have is what will happen to this site if a transfer of ownership occurs. We may want to make contingency plans to go independent again. WE will do everything we can to help make sure that the organization always knows about the presence of ES and the die hard fans that live here...

Working on the basis that this is the truth (and I have no reason to doubt you as you have first hand experience and aren't the only person to say the same), given all the consistency of reports about the character of her husband, it does make one wonder what first attracted her to the billionaire Dan Snyder...

Sounds like Tanya isn’t all bad, but will be hard for me to ever change my perception after her sit down with Schefter, where she played the victim and made it all about how hard it was for her family rather than how hard their org has been on countless others.  

Hopefully she will take Dan for half+ after he sells the team and get some dignity back.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 12:24 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

…….not all thoughts need to be a thread

I thumb through the Extremeskins files, I get to "Cooleyfan1993 and a day without an L."

It's an empty folder.

This actually is a good thread because I had no idea about the X pin she had or what the conversations were like between ES and the team.  If anything, the board could use more threads but that's my own opinion because I think the megathread idea made sense in the before-times and now does not anymore as people interact with the technology differently.

Edited by Ghost of
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

I thumb through the Extremeskins files, I get to "Cooleyfan1993 and a day without an L."

It's an empty folder.

This actually is a good thread because I had no idea about the X pin she had or what the conversations were like between ES and the team.  If anything, the board could use more threads but that's my own opinion because I think the megathread idea made sense in the before-times and now does not anymore as people interact with the technology differently.

I didn’t know the actual history of how ES got started when I made that comment. Read further down and you’ll see my updated comment, k? Thanks 

22 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I didn’t know the actual history of how ES got started when I made that comment. Read further down and you’ll see my updated comment, k? Thanks 

You're a younger dude, right? Just take the ribbing. I don't dislike you at all, it's just funny to us. Relax.

I didn’t even know Tanya existed until the past few years and I’ve been a die hard fan since like 1989-1990.

I thought Dan was single, and no woman could ever put up with his evil ways.

tanya never did anything wrong that I can think of. I remember her being super nice to the few people who showed up for the name reveal. I got the vibe she thought the commanders name was dog water too. Is there any beef with her doing something demonstrably negative to our org/team other than marrying satan?

On 11/21/2022 at 3:13 PM, RFK Lives said:

Bang!  FTW.  Some classics.  Donovan McNabb trade was one of my faves and the Josh Norman song, oh so many good ones.

https://www.bgobsession.com/media/josh-norman-covers-a-pass.1528/

https://www.bgobsession.com/media/bang-cartoons-tradewinds-2010.1525/

Wait where’s Bang?

3 hours ago, UK Skins said:

Yes it was. I've been a member since 2001. Credit to everyone involved that it didn't really change when the team bought it.

Despite what a lot of people assumed that it would be a mouthpiece for the team and wouldn’t allow criticism of the team/Snyder.

People didn’t give the staff enough credit.

We totally could have sold out… the first thing that Mitch Gersh-douche demanded was our membership email list. He wanted to spam the membership to sell Redskins merchandise…. and that was a non-starter for us.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3

Honestly the forum became unbearable for a while after the team bought the site - not because of the front office, bit because the original community got drowned out by a bunch of snot nosed punks who flooded the front page with a gazillion new threads about Lavar. It was like the difference between going to a PF Chang's restaurant versus having to microwave PF Chang licensed frozen dinners.

One thing I have to say - it was really low of Skins fans to boo Tanya Snyder during her commercial for breast cancer awareness, and this is coming from someone who can't wait for ownership to change.  She is a breast cancer survivor, and the Snyders are the ones who got the NFL to do breast cancer awareness month.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Honestly the forum became unbearable for a while after the team bought the site - not because of the front office, bit because the original community got drowned out by a bunch of snot nosed punks who flooded the front page with a gazillion new threads about Lavar. It was like the difference between going to a PF Chang's restaurant versus having to microwave PF Chang licensed frozen dinners.

One thing I have to say - it was really low of Skins fans to boo Tanya Snyder during her commercial for breast cancer awareness, and this is coming from someone who can't wait for ownership to change.  She is a breast cancer survivor, and the Snyders are the ones who got the NFL to do breast cancer awareness month.

I don't want to argue, but being a cancer survivor does not make Tanya a saint. She is still an enabler who denigrated the sexual harassment accusers in her only (and likely last) interview as the 'owner' of this team in 2021. The booing at the Packers game may not have been appropriate, but it was a response to the immorality and downright 'scumbagginess' of her hubbie.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Wasn’t posting back then but was lurking daily on the old Sporting News site way back in the day.  IIRC, extremeskins morphed from the Sporting News site?

You could say that. 🙂 It’s where I met Art and recruited him to start a new forum. And the founding members came from the TSN boards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spent a ton of time reading those TSN forums but I couldn’t post bc of work location.  Then 9/11 happened and I wasn’t on a cpu for a while.  This site has been a mainstay of my daily life for a long time.  Thanks for yours and all the OGs early efforts.  Much love.  Hail Yeah

• Thanks 1

We did some incredible things before the Skins bought us out. 

They cancelled all our contests for legal reasons. They didn’t want the databases or anything. They just wanted the community (customers).

People have probably forgotten about our front office/coaching databases, the draft pick history database, the compete roster database, the game history database, our mock draft software which was incredible, our survivor leagues contest, we owned nearly ever Redskin media guide back to 1932…. at one time, we had the most comprehensive library of Redskins games on VHS ever. We even had ES gear.

I was the lone vote (1 of 7) against the sale of the site to the team. But I deferred… and left shortly thereafter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

It was low to boo but the booing was the final straw that led them to sell.

8 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

That’s a ton of resources…ummm…where they at?  I guess the real question being, can we have ‘‘em back when that dipstick sells?  

No idea. Perhaps Blade has all the data/code. But technically, the team owns it. And this ownership destroys everything.

• Sad 1