Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It could be Bezos enjoying turning the tables on Dan with Dan squirming where he wants Bezos to bid and with each passing day he feels more desperate.

Can't remember dude's name, but i darn near spit out my coffee when someone here posted what was obviously a Snyder-sanctioned tweet. It was the one saying that Snyder understands that Bezos has no editorial control at the Post and therefore the little fella wouldn't object to a bid. That smacked of a desperation plea to please bid.

I agree Dan is selling, that's the bottom line.   Heck a WSJ author friendly to Dan previously wrote recently that if Dan decides to back off he believes the NFL has the votes to vote him out.

He's checked out, lives in London.  His coach and business president has referenced him selling.  Keim who is super conservative breaking stories or even sharing gossip said he's selling. 

The stuff from Rivera-Jason Wright -- reading the article from Standig, etc -- all gives me the vibe that i am betting that we get some letter to the fans from Dan when he sells blaming our dislike on him for Bruce Allen's misdeeds (without him naming him) but as the biggest Commanders fan in the world, he's moving on for the good of the team. 

Sort of its not my fault, but I'll take the collateral damage from Bruce for the good of the future of this team.  And the sale was purely motivated by that, no one was pressuring him, etc. etc.  It feels like he wants some sort of last word when it happens. And knowing his reputation I bet he thinks the fans fall for it, even though we won't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Can't remember dude's name, but i darn near spit out my coffee when someone here posted what was obviously a Snyder-sanctioned tweet. It was the one saying that Snyder understands that Bezos has no editorial control at the Post and therefore the little fella wouldn't object to a bid. That smacked of a desperation plea to please bid.

Gasprino from Fox Business News.  He seems friendly with him and to a lesser extent Dan i gather is friendly with Kosman from the NY Post.

Kosman said about 2 weeks ago that Snyder fears Bezos doesn't bid while Gasparino in multiple tweets now basically is saying Dan really really really really wants you to bid Bezos, don't believe he doesn't like you, please please please please, please.  

Feels like Harris told Dan he isn't not bidding any more.  It's sort of what Sheehan has implied by saying he ehard that Harris thinks he's already overpaying and right now doesn't play to come up with a hard figure of 6 -- but maybe a soft figure of 6 where it looks like 6 but it isn't. 

And Bezos hasn't said yet that he's out.  So I'd guess Dan will wait until Bezos says he's in or out.    And I guess the wildcard is the mysterious bidder than Keim keeps referencing who he flat out said is not Bezos.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I’m fine with Bezos being a schrewd business man, but you know, if he is interested then table the bid. Put the money down. This fan base wants to move on. We wants the Organisation to move forward. Don’t lose fan credibility by overplaying this. There’s just no need. We’ve been played enough by the current owner.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m fine with Bezos being a schrewd business man, but you know, if he is interested then table the bid. Put the money down. This fan base wants to move on. We wants the Organisation to move forward. Don’t lose fan credibility by overplaying this. There’s just no need. We’ve been played enough by the current owner.

Nothing.

D0A6A8DD-C2B8-4C4D-BD1D-88B13DF49BF5.gif

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

This. Time for Bezos to **** or get off the pot. What is the point in holding out for what, for him, is pocket change? If he wants it, get it done dammit! The draft is coming up and the team needs to know its direction. I wonder if he even understands sports much or at all.

btw, standings update…

Sixers 52-27

Devils 49-21

Been a long time since we’ve seen records like that around here. Amazing what competent ownership can do.

• Like 4

If I were a Bezos or bust person I’d start getting agitated, if he wants the team but is playing with Snyder as payback, it doesn’t speak highly of him that he’s engaging in an emotional battle just for the pleasure of making him sweat. We don’t need another lord of pettiness on our hands who worries about such trivial matters, it would paint Bezos with the same childishness that we hate from Snyder. So if I were them, I’d hope that speculation is just speculation and not the actual reason for the delay in a bid. 

(I don’t think he’s bidding at all which is why this post isn’t from my point of view) 

• Like 5

Just now, Wildbunny said:

Wouldn't it be fun for Bezos to top Harris and still not make it to 6 Billion?

I would definately laugh about that.

It would be hilarious, but I think Dan is walking away with 6.5 billion once this thing is done. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

If I were a Bezos or bust person I’d start getting agitated, if he wants the team but is playing with Snyder as payback, it doesn’t speak highly of him that he’s engaging in an emotional battle just for the pleasure of making him sweat. We don’t need another lord of pettiness on our hands who worries about such trivial matters, it would paint Bezos with the same childishness that we hate from Snyder. So if I were them, I’d hope that speculation is just speculation and not the actual reason for the delay in a bid. 

(I don’t think he’s bidding at all which is why this post isn’t from my point of view) 

I don't know.  But as I've said here before Bezos has the reputation of being a really high-strung dude who can be a douche.    So it might not be far off brand for him.

I am still good with Bezos because of his mass wealth.  I prefer Harris-Rales-Magic because of their sports ownership experience and what I've read about them as people. 

Hopefully this is done soon.  I think it will be. 

My gut is also he doesn't bid.  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If Bezos sees this as a good business move, he's in.

If he sees it as strictly a reclamation product... it's not a good investment. This needs to be owned by someone willing to put sweat equity into improving everything, not just facilities. Improving the relationship with the community, everything surrounding the team is a lot more work than just writing a check.

He knows being in a huge position of owning an NFL franchise in the DMV can help his business presence all-around, but the juice may not be worth the squeezin' after seeing the books.

Bezos has hired some very savvy people to handle this process, he's not going to step on their toes to expedite the process. For all we know his bid could already be in, it just didn't get leaked to the media since he doesn't need a bunch of partners who will spill the beans ahead of time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

If Bezos sees this as a good business move, he's in.

If he sees it as strictly a reclamation product... it's not a good investment. This needs to be owned by someone willing to put sweat equity into improving everything, not just facilities. Improving the relationship with the community, everything surrounding the team is a lot more work than just writing a check.

He knows being in a huge position of owning an NFL franchise in the DMV can help his business presence all-around, but the juice may not be worth the squeezin' after seeing the books.

Agree.

The thing is for me for those who worship Bezos, they are ironically missing a plot line to his success.  That is, he likes to be successful with his investments, he likes to make smart investments -- overpaying for stuff isn't some sort of Bezos hallmark just because he's able to overpay.

The idea that Bezos would overpay for the team as treat this team as some sort of non-profit labor of love -- is a bit off brand for him.   I'd think he'd want to see it as a sound investment. And I think ultimately it couild be but is it really the better investment over Seattle?

As some said Seattle is an easier project.  They have a stadium.   They have nice facilities. They have a vibrant-rabid fan base, not a dying one needing revival.  There isn't a new branding that needs to take hold. 

Some here say of course this is better role for Bezos, this team.  But there are some others who are covering this who feel Seattle would be no brainer level better -- let alone I get the vibe reading about him he's a Seattle fan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.

The thing is for me for those who worship Bezos, they are ironically missing a plot line to his success.  That is, he likes to be successful with his investments, he likes to make smart investments -- overpaying for stuff isn't some sort of Bezos hallmark just because he's able to overpay.

The idea that Bezos would overpay for the team as treat this team as some sort of non-profit labor of love -- is a bit off brand for him.   I'd think he'd want to see it as a sound investment. And I think ultimately it couild be but is it really the better investment over Seattle?

As some said Seattle is an easier project.  They have a stadium.   They have nice facilities. They have a vibrant-rabid fan base, not a dying one needing revival.  There isn't a new branding that needs to take hold. 

Some here say of course this is better role for Bezos, this team.  But there are some others who are covering this who feel Seattle would be no brainer level better -- let alone I get the vibe reading about him he's a Seattle fan.

Yep exactly which is why I think he'll just wait out for the Seahawks. He's not really old or anything and probably has insider knowledge on when that franchise will be up for sale. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Bezos has hired some very savvy people to handle this process, he's not going to step on their toes to expedite the process. For all we know his bid could already be in, it just didn't get leaked to the media since he doesn't need a bunch of partners who will spill the beans ahead of time. 

Maybe.  The dude who by a mile most friendly to the Bezos might be bid cause and rarely waved on it is Aj Perez.  He said as of Friday he was pretty confident that Bezos hasn't put in a bid, he said it on 106.7.  But you never know. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep exactly which is why I think he'll just wait out for the Seahawks. He's not really old or anything and probably has insider knowledge on when that franchise will be up for sale. 

Yeah that's the big wildcard for Seattle which is when does it happen, some say soon, some say it could take 10 years.  I'd guess Bezos might have a good idea,

If it's looking like a long-time for Seattle my gut is he bids for this team.  If its soon, he passes and waits for Seattle.

The thing with Bezos for me is I do think there is a fighting chance he still bids.  But if we are having the same conversaton in 2 weeks, am thinking he's out.

25 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It would be hilarious, but I think Dan is walking away with 6.5 billion once this thing is done. 

It seems less likely as time goes by.

What Magic did yesterday was kinda telling Dan "our offer is on the table, take it or leave it." And that looks like they do have the best offer as of now.

Dan is clearly trying to upgrade bids with Bezos and such, but Bezos doesn't seem that interested so far for whatever reason. I would believe that's because he's not valuating the team as 6 Billion worth.

If Bezos doesn't bid like at all, that kinda forces Dan to either sell to Harris for whatever bid they have on the table and makes much less money. Or he can just say "**** you all" and reject every bids.

Then, you can expect leaks from JW report, owners pushing so far and start process all along 'if they don't vote Dan out), which will clearly drives the price down.

If I'm Bezos, and I'm fine with both Washington or Seattle, as my NFL franchise, that's a game I could play. Let Dan make a move.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah that's the big wildcard for Seattle which is when does it happen, some say soon, some say it could take 10 years.  I'd guess Bezos might have a good idea,

If it's looking like a long-time for Seattle my gut is he bids for this team.  If its soon, he passes and waits for Seattle.

I could even see him being already in talks about Seattle. Maybe those heirs in Seattle are waiting to see how much money Dan will make with is crappy team to make a decision on selling the team or not.

Well, Bezos could bid lower than Harris on purpose so Dan sells at 5.6 Billion (just an exemple), then buy the Seahawks at 6.5 Billion instead of buying this crappy team with lots of investments to make at 6 Billions.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

This is precisely the correct answer. Bezos has hired professionals to handle it for him. When they tell him it’s time then he will bid and it will be over.

A glorious day in Washington football history! With a little bitter aftertaste for some because of the fact that I will have been absolutely positively 100% right the entire time! 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like the MJ White investigation won't see the light of day...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-could-keep-daniel-snyder-095500424.html

But in controversies involving owner misconduct, the league has been more guarded. This is a result of several factors, including contractual constraints imposed by nondisclosure agreements, a desire to insulate owners from embarrassment and a legal strategy to not unwittingly share materials that could be used in lawsuits against the league or teams.

White is no stranger to the league’s preferred handling of investigations. Five years ago, she led an investigation into then-Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson. A Sports Illustrated story had accused Richardson of sexual harassment and inappropriate physical contact with female employees. He also allegedly used a racial slur. White’s probe corroborated the accusations, but her report wasn’t published. Instead, the league issued what The New York Times termed “a concise news release that did not reveal details of the investigation’s findings.”

In 2021, the NFL announced it was fining the Commanders $10 million and that Snyder’s wife, co-CEO Tanya Snyder, would “assume responsibilities for all day-to-day team operations and represent the club at all league meetings and other league activities for at least the next several months.” The move followed an investigation, led by attorney Beth Wilkinson, into allegations of a hostile workplace environment. But details were relatively brief and generalized. The Washington Post reported that the NFL and Snyder had agreed to not release information.

Last year, White oversaw an investigation into the Miami Dolphins over allegations of tampering and tanking that culminated in a league statement sharing some details of her findings. The statement was critical of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, whom the league portrayed as rooting for his team to lose and who was accordingly suspended and fined.

Another factor for the league to weigh? Its relationship with Snyder will continue for some time after he sells.

The Commanders are under criminal investigation by the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia for possible fraudulent practices, and the team is being sued by the District of Columbia for alleged harms to consumers. Litigation stemming from women who have accused Commanders executives of misconduct, and who in some cases have negotiated settlements and NDAs, could remain active for some time. The league could be portrayed as partially responsible for that misconduct. To the extent White’s probe produces evidence and witness statements, the NFL might want to limit its disclosure.

Snyder’s exit from the NFL seems inevitable at this point, but it will come with strings attached.

Listening to Jason Wright on Keim's podcast.

A.  Therre is only upside from Dan selling.

B.  There are sponsors and people who won't do business with the team now because of Dan-scandals and that will change as soon as he's gone

C. Allowing them to make more money will allow them to invest more in the team -- recovery equipment for the players, etc.

D.  They've communicated to the prospective owners what they believe the needed investments are for this team

E.  Getting a new good stadium is the ball and end all as for the economics of this team-fan experience.  

F.  Dan-Tanya get that this is the right time for them to sell and that it will be beneficial for the franchise

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Jason Wright on Keim's podcast.

A.  Therre is only upside from Dan selling.

B.  There are sponsors and people who won't do business with the team now because of Dan-scandals and that will change as soon as he's gone

C. Allowing them to make more money will allow them to invest more in the team -- recovery equipment for the players, etc.

D.  They've communicated to the prospective owners what they believe the needed investments are for this team

E.  Getting a new good stadium is the ball and end all as for the economics of this team-fan experience.  

F.  Dan-Tanya get that this is the right time for them to sell and that it will be beneficial for the franchise

G. Fans demand a reset and it requires Jason Wright to be fired day one and all his notes and suggestions thrown into the business buzzword incinerator. 

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

G. Fans demand a reset and it requires Jason Wright to be fired day one and all his notes and suggestions thrown into the business buzzword incinerator. 

Sometimes I think I've been too hard on Wright. It is possible that he was hired for one job, and then had other duties dumped on him by Snyder that he was clearly unqualified to handle, such as rebranding, Sean Taylor FUBARS, dates on championship crests, etc. We've all had bosses who do this, it's the "mission creep" mentality.

It's also possible that Snyder told him straight up what he would be responsible for, and Wright, being a McKinsey can-do type, clearly responded "can do" to Snyder. And then he went out and "can't do'd" everything.