Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Just now, Spearfeather said:

A lot of this depends on how much truth there is to Dan not wanting to sell to Bezos. 

Personally, if it is true, I don't think Dan bites on 300 mill.

We won’t know until there is a single bidder left. Right now Harris and Steve have to finish collecting their pennies to push to the center of the table. After that’s all done, Bezos will get a chance. 

So it’s your opinion that Dan Snyder who is over 1 billion in debt and facing potential legal liabilities for financial crimes is going to turn down 300 million dollars because Bezos hurt his feelings? 😂 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So it’s your opinion that Dan Snyder who is over 1 billion in debt and facing potential legal liabilities for financial crimes is going to turn down 300 million dollars because Bezos hurt his feelings? 😂 

Like you said ... We'll see.

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Oh...I'll play this game. Maybe it's Tanya's feelings that are hurt and not Dan's. I think she has as much say if not more than Danny boy. Also, I want an owner who really want's the team. I think Bezos' heart is in Seattle.

Edited by RVAskins

11 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Oh...I'll play this game. Maybe it's Tanya's feelings that are hurt and not Dan's. I think she has as much say if not more than Danny boy. Alos, I want an owner who really want's the team. I think Bezos' heart is in Seattle.

Polls overwhelmingly show Bezos as by far the biggest fan favorite to own the team. So if it’s based on popularity you are backing the wrong horse. It doesn’t matter what you want. 

Bezos would not hire Allen and company to facilitate the deal for him nor enter into an NDA with Dan through BofA for fun. Bezos previously tried to acquire the minority shares from Fred Smith and Schar as well.  Any opinion professing that Bezos is not in fact interested in buying the Commanders is not rooted in facts. 

I am sure Tanya who was unwilling to spend $150 bucks on changing tables for the player’s kids will value her supposed grudge at $300 million and has pull in her relationship with Dan to dictate the terms of the sale. Okay. 😂 

When all the dust settles, Bezos will own this team. End of story. Not complicated. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 3

I can't see why Bezos would prefer Seattle to DC. 

While it's his hometown and where he built his empire, there is no comparison between owning a franchise in the nation's capital vs a big city in the pacific northwest.

DC is major political hub not just for this country, but the entire world - and with that comes immense social and political power.

Bezos is no dummy, and I'm sure he knows this.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I can't see why Bezos would prefer Seattle to DC. 

While it's his hometown and where he built his empire, there is no comparison between owning a franchise in the nation's capital vs a big city in the pacific northwest.

DC is major political hub not just for this country, but the entire world - and with that comes immense social and political power.

Bezos is no dummy, and I'm sure he knows this.

I believe he's a fan of the team, Seattle, if I recall?

A. Their stadium is fine, no need for a new one -- ditto facilities -- so that saves you about 2.5 billion

'B.  A robust fan base, one of the teams who average 100% capacity at games versus this team which is dead last.  They average 10,000 more a game than we do.

Some who cover the sale have suggested it would be a no brainer for Bezos to buy Seattle if both are available.  But the bottom line is we don't know when Seattle goes on sale, some say soon, some say not

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, ntotoro said:

AWS is trying to get more USG/DoD/IC work

Owning a football team in DC can't hurt.

They are also launching a low earth orbit broadband service to compete with starlink and have already started asking the federal government for subsidies 

• Like 1

Harris, who owns the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils, entered a bid between $5.5 billion and $6 billion, one source with knowledge of the process told FOS.

A couple hours after the first report that Harris had bid on the Commanders, ESPN reported reported Canadian real estate executive Steve Apostolopoulos had also bid $6 billion.

FOS was unable to confirm Apostolopoulos’s bid. One source said while Apostolopoulos may have bid, there are questions over whether he has the financial wherewithal to be considered a serious contender for the Commanders.

Harris visited the team’s facilities before last month’s Super Bowl. In the weeks since, Harris rounded out his group with fellow billionaire and D.C.-area native Mitchell Rales and NBA legend Magic Johnson

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

When all the dust settles, Bezos will own this team. End of story. Not complicated. 

I'm perfectly fine with Bezos buying the team but to say end of story is a bit of a stretch. No one knows what goes on in the feeble mind of Danny Snyder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd bet on Schefter over Perez.  Not that Perez's story is that different from Schefter.

Schefter's sources as some suspect are likely Snyder or the league

Perez's stories have at times been as I mentioned very Bezos friendly.  This feels like another Bezos friendly story.

All day long, SIP!  :) 

• Like 1

If both bids are equal as a tie breaker - the NFL should let Snyder pick his preference.  Once this group has been identified the NFL should select the opposite bidder.   Snyder’s business acumen is clearly so bad - the opposite would be the best bet for the fanbase

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd bet on Schefter over Perez.  Not that Perez's story is that different from Schefter.

Schefter's sources as some suspect are likely Snyder or the league

Perez's stories have at times been as I mentioned very Bezos friendly.  This feels like another Bezos friendly story.

The NY post confirms Perez reporting that the Harris bid includes parameters that might not make it worth $6B in cash.

9A572780-471B-4287-BB48-950DF9C4D699.thumb.jpeg.c1c3851db09effd425399347eeb9ac63.jpeg

• Like 1