Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But IMO he's embarassing himself with the coverage of ownership when he veers into what he's hearing.  Heck I can go on these shows and talk like I have insiders too in the same way he is doing it because all he's doing is repeating the narratives that others have put out while saying that's what hes hearing. 

Snider was connected back in the day, and he was one of the first on the “Dan sucks” bandwagon.  For that he gets credit.  Both of those things happened 25 years ago.  

Since then, he’s embarrassed himself by stealing other people’s reports and not crediting them.  That’s a mortal sin of journalism, and I can’t get over it. I don’t care if he comes off as likable or not.  He’s still an arrogant ass hat story thief and has been for 20 years.  

I remain dubious about just about all of the SPECIFIC reporting about the deal, ie: this amount by this group, this group submitted a bid, etc.  I’m even a little dubious about the “first and goal” reporting.  This stuff tends not to be accurately reported due to the confidentiality agreements.  But rumors start and run rampant without any actual source. 

I think the other reporting, about who’s in and who’s out, and some of the details are much more likely to be accurate.  

• Like 3

On 3/22/2023 at 11:13 AM, FootballZombie said:

@Voice_of_Reason

Question for ya.

Any idea if sales like these are done in a blind auction format, or can everyone see competing bids? Or is each sale its own case and can be either format?

Might provide some insight considering we got reports Harris brought in Rales around March 9th and reports that Bezos signed an NDA came around the 11th. Would Harris know for a fact if he needs to potentially up his bid, or is he playing a blind poker hand against the dealer.

I’m sorry I didn’t reply to this sooner, been swamped at work.  

Typically the only people who can see all the offers are the buyers and the IBank.  It’s typically seen as unethical to take the exact offer sheet and share it with another group to try and get it matched.  It happens.  

The IBank will typically identify the top 2 or three bidders, and then ask for “best and final offers” and negotiate terms of the deal.  For example, let’s say the indemnification is REALLY big for Dan, Bezos offers $6 Billion, no indemnification l, Harris offers $5.5 but with indemnification.  

The IBank would probably negotiate with both sides to try and get one of the groups to offer both the higher price and the indemnification.  

For example, my guess what happened with the Broncos sale is when Walmart decided to submit a bid, they were told what the asking price was, and since they didn’t participate in round 1, the asking price was higher than the first round of bids.  Which is how you get around the some of the ethical issues.” 

One thing to note: the IBank (in this case BofA securities) is not going to out themselves at any legal or reputation risk.  They will follow the playbook.  There are a bunch of legal documents which have to be signed to enter the process by both the seller and buyer. They set the rules.  If there is going to be an open auction, it would be disclosed there.  

Let me know if this makes sense.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1

FYI, Bram had been going on and on about the fact he was hearing a name would be announced for discussion prior to the meetings.  He’s plugged in to some extend because he’s an employee of the team.  Clearly he can call people in the building, at least Julie, maybe even Pres. Wright.  

Clearly he was told this from somebody.  And clearly he was wrong.

Which goes to my overall point, nobody really knows the details.  I believe when Shefter or Perez or somebody national reports something, they were told On purpose by somebody who is somewhat close to one of the principals and wants the info out.  For whatever reason.  Though the reason is not to negotiate through the press because that doesn’t happen for $6 billion dollar deals.  

The local guys like Keim, JP, Standig, even Bram, are hearing things from inside the team.   (Except Snider.  He knows squat. He’s just regurgitating Keim, JP and Shefty’s Twitter posts. Because he’s a know nothing leach) But that information is very unreliable.  it’s basically rumors which can start from anywhere.  I like that Keim keeps qualifying everything with “be careful with what you believe.” 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

The sale will happen when it happens. 

The next date to look to is the start date of the May owners meetings, which I think is late May. 

That’s probably when the owners expect a sale, not necessarily to approve a sale but by then Dan has reached an agreement for a sale. Then after the finance committee reviews everything, have an approval vote in late June or early July.

I expect by the time we enter training camp, we have a new owner.

If we are lucky, maybe by the draft Dan reaches an agreement to sell. This is Dan though; so you never know. He wants 6 billion. We will Have to wait and see.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goskins10 said:

While I do not doubt any of this, the only difference is would he see this as a toy/hobby or strictly a business? Let's face it if he sees this as a toy/hobby (I would asssume yes), all business spending habits go away. We all spend money on our toys we would not spend on other things, even neccesities sometimes 🙂  As I said before I really don't care who it is, just get Dan the **** out. I am willing take a chance on them NOT being the same level douchebag of a human he is. 

Sure, I've made the same point.  My only point is I am not 100% sure he would see this different as Amazon, and it would be a hobby and a pure labor of love.  But I'll roll with like 90% chance?  So I am plenty optimistic.  My thought is probably yes.  But there is a small chance no. 

Some who are Bezos are bust, suggest yeah 100% Bezos would almost treat this as a non profit -- driven by his love for the team and football.  And my response to that is maybe so.  But maybe is the operate word -- its not 100%.   That's all.

As for the same level of douchebag as to personalities.  I don't get the impression Bezos is anyway near as bad.  The red flag to me about his personality is he's depicited as sort of the Gorden Ramsey, Hells Kitchen level of having an uber over the top temper, expletive laden tirades and can be very condescending. 

I get the vibe unlike Warren Buffet or Branson or some of the successful rich dudes who have the reputation for being pleasant and relative humble -- Bezos isn't pleasant in the work environment and he will eagerly tell you how much smarter he is than you.   But I am not overly concerned with it because I doubt he's in the building that much anyway.

The difference from what I can tell based on what I've read with Dan is that while Bezos has the reputation of being uber arrogant -- he's actually earned those stripes.  He's a smart dude.  And I don't sense he's sleazy like Dan.  Dan is arrogant and condesending but has nothing to back it up.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The local guys like Keim, JP, Standig, even Bram, are hearing things from inside the team.   (Except Snider.  He knows squat. He’s just regurgitating Keim, JP and Shefty’s Twitter posts. Because he’s a know nothing leach) But that information is very unreliable.  it’s basically rumors which can start from anywhere.  I like that Keim keeps qualifying everything with “be careful with what you believe.” 

Yeah I know I've said the same thing, clearly the sources are what some in that building have heard 2nd hand.  I'd rather know that than nothing. 

But clearly overall, none of the ones covering this know much.  But I'll give credit to Keim and Standig who continually say its really hard to get any info.  the Sportico guy said the same thing.  Heck even Perez to some extent has said the same.  All we can get are some crumbs basically.

But i'll say there is one thing that really all of these reporters agree on which is that as this moves along more and more rumors that the sale is actually happening.  And I like that.  Because following some other sales, its sometimes the reverse with a mixed message if the sale actually goes down as time marches on.  With this sale, most of the reporters are VERY confident that is going to happen and Dan won't back out -- so clearly that's the vibe in that building right now.

Standig podcast today from the owners meeting

A.  Progressing to a sale, heard soon but not sure what soon means, tomorrow, three weeks from now or whatever?

B.  He'd be surprised if it goes down this week but maybe some gossip leaks out

C.  Believes Josh Harris is still the front runner, but has the vibe there is another mystery bidder that could be strongly in the mix (as does Keim continually talk about 2 mystery bidders, one of them was revealed as the Canadian real estate guy but he says there is another)

D.  He's not sure what to make of Bezos as to whether he's in the mix.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

As others have already said, welcome to purgatory.  Who knows when this team will be sold and to whom.  The Snyders hold all the cards which sucks so much.  

Are people this impatient after 20+ years? Who cares? It’s obviously happening, can’t we just enjoy it even if it’s in slow motion? I don’t get what the angst is about. Let’s just consider it edging, embrace it, and look forward to the big day.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Conn said:

Are people this impatient after 20+ years? Who cares? It’s obviously happening, can’t we just enjoy it even if it’s in slow motion? I don’t get what the angst is about. Let’s just consider it edging, embrace it, and look forward to the big day.

I think much of the lack of patience is due to 20+ years of hell. The real hell, knowing that it wasn't Dan's incompetence that was holding us back, is really only a definite thing going back to about 2013.

What the NFL’s Billionaires Will Focus on at This Week’s League Meetings

If Snyder doesn’t pick a new Commanders owner soon, the timetable to approve a new owner before the next owners meeting in May could be in jeopardy. It took 64 days between Walmart heir Rob Walton being tapped as the winning bidder of the Denver Broncos before owners voted to approve the deal at a special meeting in August.

There will be only 54 days between when this week’s meetings conclude and the next one begins.

If Snyder decides to keep the team or hasn’t picked a bidder, the next NFL billionaire quorum could be where the process of removal will be the topic of conversation — whether the effort has started or not by then.

55 minutes ago, FrFan said:

What the NFL’s Billionaires Will Focus on at This Week’s League Meetings

If Snyder doesn’t pick a new Commanders owner soon, the timetable to approve a new owner before the next owners meeting in May could be in jeopardy. It took 64 days between Walmart heir Rob Walton being tapped as the winning bidder of the Denver Broncos before owners voted to approve the deal at a special meeting in August.

There will be only 54 days between when this week’s meetings conclude and the next one begins.

I wonder if it would go faster if he selects Harris since Harris was already vetted. Of course there are new partners in this group and you still need to vet. Finances can change but I imagine it would be quicker. Same with Besos as he has more money than 140 countries GDP.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I wonder if it would go faster if he selects Harris since Harris was already vetted. Of course there are new partners in this group and you still need to vet. Finances can change but I imagine it would be quicker. Same with Besos as he has more money than 140 countries GDP.

Harris is vetted but not for what washington is selling for .

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I know I've said the same thing, clearly the sources are what some in that building have heard 2nd hand.  I'd rather know that than nothing. 

I'm not sure I would, to be honest.  

As I've mentioned, when I was with BearingPoint, we were going through a sale, we knew we were, and everybody was absolutely convinced, and discussing, and even leaking to the media, who the buyer would be, and terms of the deal. People were starting to figure out what life would be like under the new company.  

And none of the theories were remotely true.  Deloitte bought the Public Sector practice, PWC the commercial practice, and the firm everybody thought was going to be the buyer was never in the running.  It was a rumor that gained steam and ran wild through the executive ranks and then trickled down to the rest of the staff. I found out years later, the firm everybody was talking about entered the process, then never submitted a bid.  And they couldn't tell anybody that because of confidentiality agreements.  

Which is why I don't think any of the second hand stuff really has anything other than a 50/50 chance of being accurate, and I actually think it's just spreading office rumors and not helpful at all.

The reporting which is "helpful" is the reporting that is CLEARLY being leaked for purpose.  Shefty isn't releasing the Canadian's name unless somebody from the NFL or Dan's team is telling him to.  Rales and Magic being added to the Harris group is news.  Bezos signing an NDA is important. the list of people who toured the facilities is helpful.  

Perez is clearly being fed information from somewhere.  His reporting doesn't seem to be office rumors.  JP's and Bram's does.  

I also think the sale is happening, and for 3 reasons:

1. I think Dan realizes there is no way he can, without a minority partner, pay back the $450M loan AND build a stadium by 2028 WIHTOUTH public funding.  The physics don't add up, and that's the #1 reason by a country mile. I'm POSITIVE initially he was desperately hoping for a life line, a minority partner who he could sell 40% of the team to at a higher valuation.  He bought 40% of the team for $950M.  That's a $2.375 Billion valuation.  If he could have flipped and sold 40% at a $4 Billion valuation, that's $1.6 Billion, and it was his get-out-of-jail free card.  But there's no way that's happening.  So he's stuck.  

2. You don't start a process with BofA securities for a sale and make it public without knowing you're going to complete it. BofA wouldn't agree to be part of this if it wasn't going to come through.  

3.The other NFL Owners are done with Dan, and they want him to sell.  Are there 24 who will vote to remove him?  Maybe, maybe not.  But there are 24 that won't give him financing for a new stadium, who might be willing to call his loan in early, and force him to sell in other ways.  If you want to toss the MJW investigation in here, and even all the other Federal and State investigations in here, that's fine too.  It's clear the NFL wants him out.  They're willing (and want) to let him go on his own terms, but if he doesn't, they will find a way.  

And given those 3 points, of which #1 I think is a "fact" and #'s 2 and 3 are "solid theories" I think the sale is happening, and further, I have no interest really in hearing the office gossip which is probably not true.  And if it does turn out to be true, that's probably more due to luck than actual information.  

1 minute ago, ClaytoAli said:

If we start this season with Snyder as owner, I am boycotting the this team and any media relate info.

My gut feel is it won't take that long.  Snyder is motivated to sell as quickly as possible because he gets CASH the minute the transaction closes.  Why delay getting $5-6 Billion dollars of CASH?  There is no reason. 

Also, with the market as it is, this would be a GREAT time to have CASH.  So, why delay?

I also don't think the NFL wants it to drag on that long.  I think if it starts to drag into May and a buyer hasn't been selected, they're going to find creative ways to put pressure on Dan to move things forward.  I think you'll start to hear about Dan related agenda items at the May Owner's Meeting, other investigations, the MJW report, etc.  All things Dan would like to try and avoid.

So... I don't think we're going to be waiting that long.  

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 4:30 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

One of Bezos' key business themes centers on his frugality.  Yet, somehow we expect its slam dunk that theme is out the window if he owns this team?

And look i am not even saying he doesn't take the road of spare no expense if he bought the team.  But based on his history, to just assume he would do that, IMO is starry eye infatuation with his ownership-- because at a minimum there is at least a chance he doesn't spend the moon if he owns this team. 

SIP I have no problem with you raising potential flags for Bezos ownership. Like you, I have Bezos and Harris/Rales as 1A and 1B and the order flips depending on the day.

But if we're going to interpret based on reputation, it's worth noting that the #1 thing Jeff Bezos is known for - and what both he and commentators would attribute most strongly to Amazon's success - is extreme obsession with the customer. There are videos you can find online of people editing compilations of Bezos emphasizing that it's all about the customer - the customer, the customer, the customer.

Well, in the NFL, the customer is we the fans. And what do customers want? Foremost a winning team. Secondary to that, a good gameday experience. So I take comfort in that. Everything else we analyze as proxies for whether it will translate to winning, anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

SIP I have no problem with you raising potential flags for Bezos ownership. Like you, I have Bezos and Harris/Rales as 1A and 1B and the order flips depending on the day.

But if we're going to interpret based on reputation, it's worth noting that the #1 thing Jeff Bezos is known for - and what both he and commentators would attribute most strongly to Amazon's success - is extreme obsession with the customer. There are videos you can find online of people editing compilations of Bezos emphasizing that it's all about the customer - the customer, the customer, the customer.

Well, in the NFL, the customer is we the fans. And what do customers want? Foremost a winning team. Secondary to that, a good gameday experience. So I take comfort in that. Everything else we analyze as proxies for whether it will translate to winning, anyway.

I've mentioned the customer first stuff multiple times, that's in the positive corner, that's one of the benefits of being frugal, you get the cost down, undercut the competition and the customer benefits.

I am a bit tired repeating the same negatives about Bezos which I feel compelled to do when pushed to defend the point so it makes it seem like I am negative on Bezos and am far from it.  So I won't do it here again.

I like the idea of Bezos because of his massive wealth and has plenty of attributes that I like, smart dude, innovative and i do think his ego would help in a good way for the stadium experience to be good in his case -- my red flags are the emphasis on frugality as part of his culture and he's not seen by some as the nicest person or nicest boss.

As for Harris-Rales, I like the profile of both dudes, with Harris i like the emphasis on anayltics and his desire to hire the best people and stay out of their way, for Rales its his connections in the city and heard he's a super nice guy and smart who rebuilds distressed companies.  And while obviously the variable meant nothing in Dan's case when he bought the team.  I still like that both dudes come from this area and grew up fans of the team.  They know how this franchise has sunk, saw the glory years, etc.

For them my red flags are while most tout Harris is willing to spend, some define him as a value investor so I am not 100% sure about him as a spender but i am mostly optimistic but I have a little pause with him on that front.  Also don't know how leveraged he'd be with this purchase?  I'd be rooting for Rales to buy a good chunk of the team.   I actually like the idea of two owners with heavy equity with one in charge.

In either case, i am not saying I am betting on their red flags.  I've said the opposite. i am simply saying I am not ignoring them.  But I'd be elated for either one.  I'd have to talk myself into Frettita.  But still anyone but Dan.

• Like 1