Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I wonder what Dan would decide if he had this choice:

1) Get an extra $1 billion for the team

2) Have everyone believe that it was all his choice to sell the team without any pressure from the NFL or other owners

The choice is clear for most of us, but with someone as narcissistic and petty as Dan I really think he'd be stuck.

• Like 1

I think the reporters do know more than us but none of them have that ultimate smoking gun knowledge. Their material needs to be judged of course within context because the info they have are leaked typically from people who have an agenda -- the buyers, the seller. 

So do I think Gasparino knows more than I do about this or anyone here but he's hearing things clearly from one angle.  So he knows that angle, etc.

The vibe I get from the beat guys whether its Finlay, Sheehan, Keim, etc is they are basically getting 2nd hand information from what people in that building as to what they are hearing.

But clearly no buyer has been picked. So Keim for example doesn't even rule out the last mystery buyer. 

It would be like me selling my house.  People can ask people who know me what I've told them if anything but that's really it.  Ultimately, naturally, only I know who I am selling the house to and if I kept my mouth shut they'd know just about nothing.

So I don't really begrudge these guys who are sharing those small tidbits because from what I gathered even those small tidbits are tough to get.  

But yeah Keim, Standig among others have said its really really hard to get information about this.   And even when they do get some information, its tough for them to get confirmation for that info, etc.

The Sportico guy said yesterday this is the closest to the vest sale they've ever covered as for a team sale and they've covered many sales.  Really tough to get information because Dan isn't talking and the other owners aren't prying to get their own info for reasons I and others mentioned in other posts.   Supposedly typically the leaks about a sale are from the other owners checking into what's going on.  but that dynamic apparently doesn't exist here.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

2) Have everyone believe that it was all his choice to sell the team without any pressure from the NFL or other owners

The choice is clear for most of us, but with someone as narcissistic and petty as Dan I really think he'd be stuck.

In his delusions, he clearly thinks he can still win over people and its oddly important to him.

Just the way he dealt with Bruce at the end spilled into all of this because he thought he can win an image war against him.

A.  First he blamed all the bad culture issues on Bruce

B.  He promised fans he's be more hands on now that Bruce is gone. :ols:

C.  then he apparently leaked the Gruden emails to make Bruce look bad

D. then he sent his lawyer to make a round at the radio stations basically blasting Bruce some more.

So he actually thought he can get fans to warm up to him because they didn't like Bruce.

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But that’s not his choice. He can accept a bid for 1 billion less. He would have to bet that 8 of his current partners would not vote against that because their own valuations would not be maximized. Accepting the bid is step 1. JKC’s estate accepted a bid headed by Milstein the NFL rejected that bid. I doubt if it gets approved if the delta is that big.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I would love nothing more than to somehow prank the local DC sports media into thinkng I were a billionaire who was interested in buying the team.  I'd laugh my ass off for days.

"Local billionaire Smathers McGillicuddy was reported touring the facility today.  I have no idea who that is but I wanted to be first with the scoop!"

I bet it wouldn't be too hard to trick Chris Russell of this if you wanted. 

• Haha 4

Gasparino on 106.7 now.  

People close to Dan are saying....

A.  He knows owners want him to sell but the Commissioner hasn't pushed it to him

B.  He thinks he is selling the team

C.  They communicated to Bezos people they are open to selling to Bezos

D.   He'd be willing to take an offer from Bezos 

E.  He doesn't know if Bezos has to outbid by a nice margin over the next best bid

F.  He doesn't know if this take on Bezos is new or been the case the whole time

G.  Bezos though has not bid

H.  Dan is living in London and on to the next chapter

I.    He thinks the owners while giving signals to him that they'd like him to sell it, but its soft pressure, and suggest Dan doesn't like the idea of a story that they have a gun to his head about selling

J.  Doubled down hardcore-very reliable source that Dan is willing to sell to Bezos

K.  He doesn't know but guessing maybe Bezos just comes in at the end.

L.  He's not saying Bezos ends up with the team but says Dan is willing to sell to him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I've also heard that a Sicilian millionaire T.J.R.J.A.J. Tmzgfbklkwz has thrown his hat in the ring. He has only $1 million in assets, but he has formed an exploratory committee to look into the $6 billion acquirement. No word on if he has taken a tour of the facility yet.

Edited by NickyJ

Some more Gasparino, again he's talking the perspective of  Dan's camp

A.  His take from people around Dan is that he thinks "life is too short" and he realizes that he's hated and that's the impetus behind the sale.

B.  As to defending Dan's character, he said talk to Matthew McCoughaney, he'd vouch that Dan's a good dude. :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think the reporters do know more than us but none of them have that ultimate smoking gun knowledge. Their material needs to be judged of course within context because the info they have are leaked typically from people who have an agenda -- the buyers, the seller.

In my 58 years, every time I've heard some one using the phrase 'smoking gun', it was usually BS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some more Gasparino, again he's talking the perspective of  Dan's camp

A.  His take from people around Dan is that he thinks "life is too short" and he realizes that he's hated and that's the impetus behind the sale.

B.  As to defending Dan's character, he said talk to Matthew McCoughaney, he'd vouch that Dan's a good dude. :ols:

We make fun of folks a lot here. But nobody gets played like Grant and Danny from the Snyder camp. They'll give Snyder's lawyer 30min and then this guy who clearly is carrying water for Danya. "life is too short", if they didn't laugh the guy off the call after that, they should get moved to the 2am-6am slot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some more Gasparino, again he's talking from Dan's camp

B.  As to defending Dan's character, he said talk to Matthew McCoughaney, he'd voice that Dan's a good dude. :ols:

4EB4C3E8-7B67-4C4C-B48A-896FD19861A6.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, @DCGoldPants said:

We make fun of folks a lot here. But nobody gets played like Grant and Danny from the Snyder camp. They'll give Snyder's lawyer 30min and then this guy who clearly is carrying water for Danya. "life is too short", if they didn't laugh the guy off the call after that, they should get moved to the 2am-6am slot. 

I actually love that they get this dude on their show every now and then.   

Until the sale happens, I am interested in what Dan's camp is thinking -- sadly in this process, its for obvious reasons the most important camp as to the sale right now.  But once its over i'll never care about what Dan's thinking about ever again. :D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

But that’s not his choice. He can accept a bid for 1 billion less. He would have to bet that 8 of his current partners would not vote against that because their own valuations would not be maximized. Accepting the bid is step 1. JKC’s estate accepted a bid headed by Milstein the NFL rejected that bid. I doubt if it gets approved if the delta is that big.

Yeah I wasn't asking it as if it was a real choice. It's just a thought experiment because I truly can't figure out what's more important to Dan: his ego or money.

He seems like a classic narcissist who absolutely cannot take criticism and is obsessed with his image, to the point where he'll go to ridiculous and often self-destructive ends to try and keep up whatever facade of himself he's built in his mind.

So I wouldn't be all that surprised if he chose assuaging his ego over the extra money if he theoretically had to pick one.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

God the media frenzy around this is becoming a bit embarrassing. Got to admit, I’m not educated at all in terms of who these reporters/media people are. That said, isn’t the vast majority of this just bollocks now? 

This dude has been around for months.  Basically covering this story, you got...

Fox Business News -- Gasparino -- close to Dan's camp

NY Post, Kosman -- can't tell which camp he's close to, sometimes feels like Dan, sometimes the sellers

WP -- I'd guess close to Bezos

AJ Perez -- lol, the dude that some here think knows nothing, but he's nailed now 3 stories correctly.  Can't tell what angle he's getting.  But as i've said here he's been the most consistent that Bezos is still in play for quite some time. 

Keim -- hasn't said much but as usual he's yet to be wrong.  Finlay had one story and then nothing.

Based on responses from Dan -- he seems to hate the WP and Perez. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1