Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I hope I am wrong but I think Bezos is Snyder 2.0 in some way.  He will want to be too involved in the draft, want to play GM like Snyder.  Just saying he could be.  

Hope not, but you’re right it’s possible. This is why I prefer Harris, we know he’s not that way. If Bezos comes in and decides not to hire a GM I think my head is going to explode. I get the people looking at Bezos and thinking he will bring more to the table off the field. All good points. But for me, I’m much more worried about winning games than any of that stuff. And bringing in a top-of-the-line GM is the way to make that happen. If Bezos comes out and says he will do that, then great I’m all in. But for now there’s no way we can be sure.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

5 hours ago, RWJ said:

I hope I am wrong but I think Bezos is Snyder 2.0 in some way.  He will want to be too involved in the draft, want to play GM like Snyder.  Just saying he could be.  

No he is not. There are no indications that he will be. He builds companies and not destroy them.

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bezos will plough so much cash into this organisation it will be off the charts in my opinion. It’s a complete no brainer to want the worlds 3rd wealthiest person, or whatever he is, in charge. He’ll drag us forward 30 years overnight. 

Plus, whilst he’s a business man at heart he’s fairly open about the use of his fortune. He’s going to give most of that away in time to charity. He’s not precious about dying rich. As an aside to that he’ll have his outside interests, Space program and an an NFL franchise to keep keep him happy. What a great set up.

Make it happen Jeff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Bezos will plough so much cash into this organisation it will be off the charts in my opinion. It’s a complete no brainer to want the worlds 3rd wealthiest person, or whatever he is, in charge. He’ll drag us forward 30 years overnight. 

Plus, whilst he’s a business man at heart he’s fairly open about the use of his fortune. He’s going to give most of that away in time to charity. He’s not precious about dying rich. As an aside to that he’ll have his outside interests, Space program and an an NFL franchise to keep keep him happy. What a great set up.

Make it happen Jeff.

He will relocate the franchise to the Moon or Mars.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

He will relocate the franchise to the Moon or Mars.

A few pages ago you were telling me I wanted Bezos as the owner.

Now you're advocating for a move to Mars?

I'm on to you, Marvin. 

10 Latest Marvin The Martian Wallpaper FULL HD 1920×1080 For PC Desktop ...

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 10

For Harris I think he ends up witht the cash from what I've gathered, I believe he needs to liquidate some asserts, sell minority shares with the Steelers and Crystal Palace for example.  I've loved everything I've heard about Harris from what I've heard from those know him.

Bezos, I know some here think its BS because he's the moon and stars and mars and more, but on CNBC he's billed as famous for a legendary temper that's almost comically over the top, with staff turnover, and being cheap.   Does that mean nothing here?  Some here with almost 100% confidence as if they've known the guy for years and will vouch for their close friend will post it all means nothing or say we are naive about this because every billionaire is like that. :ols:  

My gut is he'd be a good owner but I am not in the it all means nothing crowd and I know every billionaire doesn't have Bezos' personality.    So yeah there is some wildcard to Bezos.  Heck Snider and Finlay who are covering the sale alluded to prefering Harris because there is less wildcard about him.  Some see it this way, some see it another way.  It's cool. 

For me personally, I am equally cool for either one.  I don't think (but don't know) that Harris would buy this team and in turn struggle to support it.  His ammo is to turn around distressed assets.  So I seriously doubt he'd buy the house and let it rot.  As for Bezos, my main attraction to him is the stadium, I think he's our best shot to get a stadium in DC with all the trappings. 

My gut is he'd if he choose to be an active owner, he'd be a bad one -- too egotistical to not think he can make personnel moves himself and if he's hanging at Commanders Park the turnover in that building could rival Dan's considering as a personality he's considered even more combustible than Dan.     But my gut is he'd be a passive owner and stay out of their way and if he's a passive owner, I think he would work out really well.  But obviously I don't know.

Either owner would be a mile better than Dan for a zillion reasons.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

You're not the only 1 feeling this way.....but mine aren't that he'll be another Snyder, mine are more on the example of the new ownership group Walton-Penner for the Broncos...look at some of the really questionable moves they've made in what 1 year of owning the team.. From renewing Wilson contract before even taking a snap for them (I won't mention the trading of picks for him cause that's hindsight imho, we would have done the same thing) then going out and getting what in my opinion is the most overrated HC in a long time in Sean Payton and once again giving up draft picks for a person who can't do anything on the actual field of play...I also think just cause someone can build a business out on the street doesn't automatically mean they're have success in the sporting world....specially the NFL, so many tangibles as a owner in the NFL....I mean would you want a Dentist performing heart surgery, the 2 have nothing to do with each other, i.e successful business man compared to success NFL Owner.....Josh Harris has proven to be able to be/do both imho

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

7 hours ago, RWJ said:

Bezos essential runs a trillion dollar empire.  Who knows for sure but I doubt he is going to have the brain capacity for details.  

Most likely he hires a CEO/President type, checks in with them, and attends all the “fun owner stuff.”  Leaves the details to others.  

But there is no way of actually knowing.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Either owner would be a mile better than Dan for a zillion reasons.

We know one thing for sure: if Bezos owned the team, the Washington Post wouldn’t be putting out weekly stories on Bezos.  

I can’t say either will be better.  But it can’t be worse.  

There is always the chance for catastrophe. Especially with this teams luck. 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We know one thing for sure: if Bezos owned the team, the Washington Post wouldn’t be putting out weekly stories on Bezos.  

I can’t say either will be better.  But it can’t be worse.  

There is always the chance for catastrophe. Especially with this teams luck. 

Dan is a disaster.  More on point, he's not a disaster where we can say at least he does that -- like early in his tenure where he was stupid about it but at least he was willing to spend money and came off as the type of dude who probably could get a kick butt stadium.  But the spending version of Dan is long gone.   He's sleazy, stupid,  incompetent and cheap.

I think almost zero chance anyone isn't miles better. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Diane Russini on 980 just now on this.

A.  Things are very close vested on the ownership sale

B. She's heard awhile ago that there is a discrepancy with what Dan wants and what prospective owners are willing to pay for it.

C.  She referenced the Sean Payton story which she alluded to weeks ago in a tweet.  We talked about it here.   And she thought it was very telling that the prospective owners were having that deep a conversation with Payton.  She knows who that prospective owner is but isn't willing to say yet.

D.  She guessed Josh Harris would win the bid.

E.  She didn't think March would be when it happens.  Thinks its summer.  And she stressed that's a guess not a report.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

If anyone has been reading the tea leaves, The Post has Not written a single negative article about Dan or the Team recently. It was an indication to me Jeff was definitely putting things in motion all along. I believe it is probably a clear indication Jeff has been all in and not showing his hand and doing due diligence to talk to DC officials and such. You might see Dan hold onto a minor share. Just saying. He is tricky that way.

12 hours ago, zCommander said:

Jeff Bezos waited until it was his time to put the hat in the ring and say **** it let's do this. :)

Go Do It GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 hours ago, dckey said:

I want whoever can put a stadium back in DC and I think Bezos has a better chance of completing that!!! (

I want whomever can put more Lombardi trophies in our case.  DC would be nice for a stadium but means zip if we can't get more championships.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

I'd be more worried about his wife.....draft pics based on looks. She digs football. 🤪🤪🤪🤪

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wright better hope the sale happens now :ols:

Yep. If it’s a done deal you would think he would know. If not I can’t imagine he would say that. I don’t blame him anyway, he’s made some mistakes for sure but Snyder has really made him look bad as well.

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

I don't think the role Bezos plays in the rest of his business ventures really bears that out. 

And for him, the WAS franchise would be but a piece of a business portfolio that is dwarfed by the other components. For example, Whole Foods alone is worth twice what this franchise is....Amazon is worth over 100x as much. 

In my mind, Bezos would hire smart people and let them manage the franchise...because:

1) that's what his "ownership style" in other areas suggests. 

2) WAS Football and the associated outlay of cash are relatively small potatoes in his world. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

No idea about Bezos as an owner , kind of a wildcard but he isn’t Dan so hard to top that in itself.

I foresee his first orders of business to be canning anyone who drives a Tesla , then changing field sponsorship to Blue origin and changing the stadium renderings to resemble a more Phallic shape , and  possibly putting a two sizes too big cowboy hat on Tuddy. ….😄

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShCbYOYIu81He6mMiGyRr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashlynskins said:

...look at some of the really questionable moves they've made in what 1 year of owning the team.. From renewing Wilson contract before even taking a snap for them (I won't mention the trading of picks for him cause that's hindsight imho, we would have done the same thing) then going out and getting what in my opinion is the most overrated HC in a long time in Sean Payton and once again giving up draft picks for a person who can't do anything on the actual field of play...

I agree with the Russell Wilson piece, but you think hiring Sean Payton was questionable?  Interesting. 

I'd do that deal every day of the week and twice on Sundays.  Coaching matters in football more than any other sport.  That dude is a football genius and will have WAY more impact than those 3 draft picks combined.  I'm still sad we didn't land Payton as a package deal, but we've got too many good things in the works to be too concerned with it. 

Just my $.02.