Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Snyder can kick and scream all he wants about Bezos buying the team, but in the end I don't think he's really going to have much of a say. Can Snyder really say no when Bezos is the highest bid?

If Bezos, Jay-Z and Kevin Durant led ownership buy put up $7b, and the next highest is $6.5b ... do you really think the owners are going to let Dan sell the team for $500m less just out of spite? Plus, Snyder hated the Post way before Bezos bought it.

Yep, the NFL will not allow Dan to **** this up any more than he already has. He will do as he is told.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

If Dan had been voted out, he’d only get 120 days to sell the team under league rules. If he refused, the league would have taken control under arbitration and simply paid him the proceeds.

This whole process right now of Dan selling up is a face saving exercise for all parties. He’s effectively been ousted but they don’t want the dirt that comes with that. Plus the league don’t need that historic event going down.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Buying out the minority owners has made him serious money. He’s about to land the biggest windfall on a sports organisation I believe. Maybe luck more than good judgement but from a pure monetary perspective, he’s about to make billions.

He only bought them out because they wanted nothing to do with him, not because he thought he would be forced to sell his beloved franchise one day and keep all the money for himself. Personally, I hope the people accusing him of disgusting things take him to the cleaners. 

Also, he's only going to make all those billions because the potential to make money is there, he just never could capitalize on it. IN fact he did the opposite and drove fans away in the 8th largest market with some of the richest zip codes in america. 

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 2

From that Bleacher Report link: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10054905-king-daniel-snyder-wont-sell-commanders-to-jeff-bezos-detests-the-washington-post

The newspaper has not been kind to Snyder during his tenure leading the Washington football team, most notably in a 2020 report revealing a culture of sexual harassment and misconduct within the organization. A second report also detailed the negative experiences of numerous female employees.

Dan can **** off.  He can catch a bus to **** off-ville and once he's there he can catch a plane to **** off island.

I hate this narrative.  It implies that the WaPo wouldn't have printed anything bad about Dan, which is lazy and boring.  It's not like the paper liked Dan to begin with.  NO ONE LIKES HIM and you don't have to look very far to find unflattering things to say about him.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm not in favor of the new owner firing everyone down to cooleyfan93 and the cafeteria staff on day one. Snyder did that, and the organization never really recovered. 

There are undoubtedly some good people who know what needs to be done, and they should be empowered, not fired.

First step is to hire new GM and probably new head of business ops, and let them evaluate and make the decisions on a timeline that makes sense.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

From that Bleacher Report link: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10054905-king-daniel-snyder-wont-sell-commanders-to-jeff-bezos-detests-the-washington-post

Dan can **** off.  He can catch a bus to **** off-ville and once he's there he can catch a plane to **** off island.

I hate this narrative.  It implies that the WaPo wouldn't have printed anything bad about Dan, which is lazy and boring.  It's not like the paper liked Dan to begin with.  NO ONE LIKES HIM and you don't have to look very far to find unflattering things to say about him.

It's crazy to me that the same people that hate Dan can also blame the Wapo for it's bias against him. They've been right all along and for years the fans just poo-pooed it because they don't like a specific news agency. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

It's crazy to me that the same people that hate Dan can also blame the Wapo for it's bias against him. They've been right all along and for years the fans just poo-pooed it because they don't like a specific news agency. 

Right, Sally Jenkins has been right all along and was fighting the good fight long before most posters here, but some of those posters still hate her because they can’t shake how they used to feel even though they now agree with her.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Conn said:

Right, Sally Jenkins has been right all along and was fighting the good fight long before most posters here, but some of those posters still hate her because they can’t shake how they used to feel even though they now agree with her.

AND it was all before Bezos bought the WAPO. 

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

He only bought them out because they wanted nothing to do with him, not because he thought he would be forced to sell his beloved franchise one day and keep all the money for himself. Personally, I hope the people accusing him of disgusting things take him to the cleaners. 

Also, he's only going to make all those billions because the potential to make money is there, he just never could capitalize on it. IN fact he did the opposite and drove fans away in the 8th largest market with some of the richest zip codes in america. 

I agree with all that. I’m simply saying for a guy who turns everything to **** he’s about to bank billions. That’s all.

When the End of Snyder's Reign Parade occurs, they should make Dave McKenna the master of ceremonies.

(McKenna used to write for the Washington City Paper, and wrote "The Cranky Fan's Guide to Dan Snyder"...TWELVE YEARS AGO!! Snyder sued the City Paper for defamation, and McKenna resigned.)

https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article/221900/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

They should also only serve vanilla ice cream during the parade...(reference to Mike Nolan) and the only other snack should be stale peanuts from a defunct airline.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Buying out the minority owners has made him serious money. He’s about to land the biggest windfall on a sports organisation I believe. Maybe luck more than good judgement but from a pure monetary perspective, he’s about to make billions.

Yes and no.

He's gonna make lots of money with the sell, it's obvious.

But he'll have to pay back the NFL for the loan he got to buy out the minority owners. Which should be around 800M. So that's less for fim. The NFL will recoup some of its money here.

Also, buying minority owners made it even easier to sell the whole team and not only parts of it. So it probably looked like a good move for him at the time being, but it really was a way to get him out without him noticing.

And even if he's gonna make billions, he won't be part of the milk cow anymore and won't have heavy income his way monthly. He'll have to find something else to do or buy, and with his reputation, it might be hard. As many are reporting he's not a good business partner. Who would team with a guy that failed at running an NFL franchise?

I'm not crying on the guy. Just having fun that he probably haven't realized all of this yet.

4 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

They should also only serve vanilla ice cream during the parade...(reference to Mike Nolan)

And peanuts!

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I agree with all that. I’m simply saying for a guy who turns everything to **** he’s about to bank billions. That’s all.

He got lucky I think the first time around with the .com bubble if I’m not mistake? He turned whatever Snyder’s communications was, sounds like it was a farce to be honest, into the Redskins. Either wat he was going to make billions owning or selling it.

But this is his legacy. Not cashing 7billion. But being such a bad and despised owner, that the brotherhood of owners decided he needed to leave. He wanted to bequeath the team to his kids, that’s what he wanted, and he failed. His legacy is tarnished. 

It’ll be Bezos. League has their hand on dans shoulder. It’ll be the best bid and the league won’t accept a smaller offer because of one last act of pettiness. “Sell to bezos or we’ll vote you out and we’ll sell it to bezos and you can pay back the full loan”

• Thumb up 1

I just read the cranky redskins fans guide to Dan Snyder.

It's not that much of it was news to me but when you put it all together like that. O.m.g. what a worthless scumbag he is.

And that doesn’t even take into consideration the last 12 years.

This is so unbelievably overdue, nothing in this franchises 90 year history has ever been so monumental and path altering.

This truly is a time to celebrate.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Also, I hate giving snyder credit, but it's a smart negotiation tactic to drive u0 the price by saying "I'll never sell to that dude". It does nothing but drive the price up.

It is not a smart negotiation move to eliminate one of the few people with $7 billion from a bidding process out of spite. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

That's more about the NFL being a monopoly machine to print money than anything else. Even a sorry, no-count, wannabee, hack like Farqaad couldn't manage to lose money on it. That should tell you something.

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

He got lucky I think the first time around with the .com bubble if I’m not mistake? He turned whatever Snyder’s communications was, sounds like it was a farce to be honest, into the Redskins. Either wat he was going to make billions owning or selling it.

But this is his legacy. Not cashing 7billion. But being such a bad and despised owner, that the brotherhood of owners decided he needed to leave. He wanted to bequeath the team to his kids, that’s what he wanted, and he failed. His legacy is tarnished.

He made his money in Snyder Communications at least to some degree by switching people's long distance provider without their knowledge. He's been shady from the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

That's more about the NFL being a monopoly machine to print money than anything else. Even a sorry, no-count, wannabee, hack like Farqaad couldn't manage to lose money on it. That should tell you something.

He made his money in Snyder Communications at least to some degree by switching people's long distance provider without their knowledge. He's been shady from the beginning.

Looks like Snyder was using the same excuses back then:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/04/27/former-snyder-firm-to-pay-for-slamming/f81a9ce8-cf8a-4cc2-9740-87e2253667c2/

Snyder sold his company to a French firm, Havas Advertising, last year for $2.1 billion and did not participate in settlement negotiations. But Snyder was the chief executive of Snyder Communications during the time of the alleged slamming. He declined to speak for the record.

According to his spokesman, Karl Swanson, Snyder did not know that employees at his marketing company were breaking the rules. Once the company discovered the practices, it fired the employees, Swanson said.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Meh, I'll believe it when I see it. You can detest the Wash Post all you want, but declining 7-8 billion because you don't like someone just ain't going to happen. 

Not to mention, how many “nevers” are people going to give this guy?  Never change the name…never sell the team…never sell to THAT guy…

Its going to the highest bidder.  Just a matter of if Bezos wants it or not. 

• Like 1