Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

6 minutes ago, c slag said:

Maybe it would have turned out better here for Ron if Fitzmagic is able to complete that 2021 season, then returns again for last season, maybe making playoffs in one of the seasons, before handing the keys to Sam,to start this season.

Ron seems to really struggle with the division games every season he's been here, so maybe Fitzmagic could have helped in those games , getting a couple Ws

I don’t think so. Fitzmagic struggled with picking up Turner’s offense and I don’t think he got along with Ron

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, method man said:

I don’t think so. Fitzmagic struggled with picking up Turner’s offense and I don’t think he got along with Ron

Β 

Yeah he clearly did not enjoy his time here--and he's a pretty gregarious guy. I don't think that was going to be a productive marriage either way.Β 

7 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Appreciate your optimism but have to wonder what makes you think this defense is going to turn things around short of replacing JDR? Is there anyone out there in ES land who can thing of one reason why we should keep JDR around to finish this season and beyond?Β 

Have to ****can JDR nowΒ 

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Appreciate your optimism but have to wonder what makes you think this defense is going to turn things around short of replacing JDR? Is there anyone out there in ES land who can thing of one reason why we should keep JDR around to finish this season and beyond?Β 

Β 

Because there is no one else who can take over for him. This is possibly the worst set of defensive coaches we've had during my time following this team as a fan and that includes the Shanahan and Gruden defenses. We plucked our DB coach from the high school ranks, our DL coach was plucked off the scrap heap as an assistant DL coach after being out of football for a year and our LB coach probably has the most legit background of any of these guys as a coach but he is a guy who spent 2 years in the NFL before coming here.

10 hours ago, method man said:

Really, I didn't realize that. It is hard to see a guy like Fitz having trouble picking up an offense, unless it was that he couldn't make sense of it because it didn't make sense.

Β 

Also seems strange if he didn't get a long with Ron. I mean his strength is supposed to be that he is a players coach right. Eh, either way, I am certainly ready for change!Β 

23 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep exactly. The previous ownership kept trying to force players on coaches or vice versa.Β 

Β 

We need everyone on the same page from the getgo. If that means building around Howell I'm good with that. If that means starting over completely from scratch I'm good with that too.

That is exactly all I've ever asked for.

Β 

Can we scream this from a rooftop together, please? 😁

Btw, no one is suggesting that they "drop" Howell. He's under contract and for dirt cheap.

Β 

We just mean that it should NOT be a requirement that the new GM be forced in to making Howell work at all costs. If they feel they can upgrade any position, including QB, then they should feel free to do it.Β Β 

8 hours ago, method man said:

Β 

Because there is no one else who can take over for him. This is possibly the worst set of defensive coaches we've had during my time following this team as a fan and that includes the Shanahan and Gruden defenses. We plucked our DB coach from the high school ranks, our DL coach was plucked off the scrap heap as an assistant DL coach after being out of football for a year and our LB coach probably has the most legit background of any of these guys as a coach but he is a guy who spent 2 years in the NFL before coming here.

What about Kerrigan? London Fletcher? Surely there is someone who can step in.....hell, even if RR took over the defensive play calling himself it couldn't be worse.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

What about Kerrigan? London Fletcher? Surely there is someone who can step in.....hell, even if RR took over the defensive play calling himself it couldn't be worse.

They don’t care, dude. They know they’re getting fired. Rivera tried what you suggest in Carolinaβ€”took over defensive playcalling in a last-ditch effort to keep his job. I’m sure it just added more stress onto his plate, and he was fired anyways. He feels no need to make drastic moves to prove he deserves his job, clearly. That’s part of his problem.Β 
Β 

Part of why these guys need to be fired at the end of the season is their arrogance that everything they’re doing SHOULD be workingβ€”they have no interest in scrambling or flailing about for solutions because they aren’t capable of seeing that their current efforts are part of the problem. So they aren’t going to make their own lives harder when they don’t see they’re the problem.Β 
Β 

I can guarantee you that the mood in the higher level HC/coordinator meetings is a sense of noble sacrifice. They probably feel they are honorable Captains going down with their ship after a valiant effort. They aren’t interested in running around the building with their hair on fire to fix things.

Β 

And nobody (or bordering on nobody) in that building is a keeper so Harris is just letting them hang themselves before scouring the slate clean. There’s really no need to forcibly upend the entire building over the next 8 weeks or whatever just to desperately try to fake their way into another win or two with dead men walking, it’s futile. Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

It's been reported locally that Rivera and JDR are tied together.Β  If Rivera gets fired, JDR will quit.Β  On the flip side, Rivera isn't firing JDR.Β  It's also suggested Rivera offloads a bunch of HC to JDR.Β  They are both thick as thieves.

Β 

The best case is wait until to the end of the season and let EB/Howell finish off the season as just an OC/QB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

They don’t care, dude. They know they’re getting fired. Rivera tried what you suggest in Carolinaβ€”took over defensive playcalling in a last-ditch effort to keep his job. I’m sure it just added more stress onto his plate, and he was fired anyways. He feels no need to make drastic moves to prove he deserves his job, clearly. That’s part of his problem.Β 
Β 

Part of why these guys need to be fired at the end of the season is their arrogance that everything they’re doing SHOULD be workingβ€”they have no interest in scrambling or flailing about for solutions because they aren’t capable of seeing that their current efforts are part of the problem. So they aren’t going to make their own lives harder when they don’t see they’re the problem.Β 
Β 

I can guarantee you that the mood in the higher level HC/coordinator meetings is a sense of noble sacrifice. They probably feel they are honorable Captains going down with their ship after a valiant effort. They aren’t interested in running around the building with their hair on fire to fix things.

Β 

And nobody (or bordering on nobody) in that building is a keeper so Harris is just letting them hang themselves before scouring the slate clean. There’s really no need to forcibly upend the entire building over the next 8 weeks or whatever just to desperately try to fake their way into another win or two with dead men walking, it’s futile. Β 

This is a bit worrying in that everyone in that building sees the writing on the wall, hoping that whatever they, Coaching staff and GM(s), do from here on out isn't particularly detrimental to the team / organization. Long term things will work out but I can see short term immediate impact to player and coach development.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

This is a bit worrying in that everyone in that building sees the writing on the wall, hoping that whatever they, Coaching staff and GM(s), do from here on out isn't particularly detrimental to the team / organization. Long term things will work out but I can see short term immediate impact to player and coach development.

Eh, it’s 8 weeks. Heavily outweighed by the preceding 4 years or so of developmental mismanagement, for me. The damage is kind of done on that front imo.Β 
Β 

I’m not even saying these guys are just going through the motions, just that they aren’t trying to innovate their way out of their own problems because they don’t believe they’re part of the problem. Nobody in that building operates with urgency, they’re fully comfortable with the effort they’ve put in despite the failure, because they believe in their own competency and correctness to a fault. So I imagine there’s a sense of impending doom, but in a β€˜let’s hold our heads high men and do things our way until the very end’ kind of way.Β 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Conn said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

You nailed it. One has to wonder what kind of culture exists in the coaches' room, because it sounds like coaches either aren't empowered to speak up about what's not working...or they DO speak up and RR/JDR ignore them and do what they've been doing all this time anyway, which makes it less likely for coaches to bring up issues in the first place, so then it becomes a vicious cycle of failure building upon failure.

Β 

It's like those tyrant CEOs who demand "don't bring me problems, bring me solutions." If people's solutions are ignored or if they don't honestly know what the solution is, do you think they'll bother bringing up any problems with the CEO any more? No, and then the CEO wonders why his company failed on his watch.

Β 

RR/JDR would likely have been successful coaches with their approach...in the 1970s.

36 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Β 

You nailed it. One has to wonder what kind of culture exists in the coaches' room, because it sounds like coaches either aren't empowered to speak up about what's not working...or they DO speak up and RR/JDR ignore them and do what they've been doing all this time anyway, which makes it less likely for coaches to bring up issues in the first place, so then it becomes a vicious cycle of failure building upon failure.

Β 

It's like those tyrant CEOs who demand "don't bring me problems, bring me solutions." If people's solutions are ignored or if they don't honestly know what the solution is, do you think they'll bother bringing up any problems with the CEO any more? No, and then the CEO wonders why his company failed on his watch.

Β 

RR/JDR would likely have been successful coaches with their approach...in the 1970s.

We don’t have a highly reputable room of assistants (for the most part), I doubt there are a ton of grumbling, dissatisfied, ignored assistants who wish their voices were being heard in there, though I could be wrong. Seems to me like Rivera and Del Rio built a low-dissension group of followers, people they are very comfortable with or related to. I bet it’s comfortably status quo in those meetings. Not much innovation or questioning of best practices happening.Β 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Conn said:

We don’t have a highly reputable room of assistants (for the most part), I doubt there are a ton of grumbling, dissatisfied, ignored assistants who wish their voices were being heard in there, though I could be wrong. Seems to me like Rivera and Del Rio built a low-dissension group of followers, people they are very comfortable with or related to. I bet it’s comfortably status quo in those meetings. Not much innovation or questioning of best practices happening.Β 

Β 

A bunch of 'yes-men'...

Β 

RIVERA: Ok here's our game plan. We're gonna run the ball 25 times before halftime, and throw about 6 times, 4 times on 3rd down. The defense is gonna plug up the holes and stop the run. That's the way to win in this NFL.

Β 

NEW ASSISTANT COACH: But what if the Chiefs hang 21 points on us in the 1Q?

Β 

DEL RIO: Well they better not, or our defense is gonna be lookin' for jobs. Ha ha ha! Just kiddin.'

Β 

RIVERA: We all know you have to run and stop the run to win in this league. With this strategy we should win the game 13-10. Any questions?

Β 

OTHER COACHES: NO SIR!!

Β 

NEW ASSISTANT COACH: What's for lunch?

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

21 hours ago, SeatCushionGame said:

I realized he worked under Ron, but if Sean McDermott gets fired, would anyone be interested? Β Keep EB to run the offense and let Sean handle defense. Β He's a very good leader.

As a DC, sure. However, why would we want the guy who squandered the Bills window as our HC?

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

RIVERA: Ok here's our game plan. We're gonna run the ball 25 timesΒ 

Man I actually wish this were true… I know in typing this you meant it to be tongue and cheek but I’m in the corner of we need to run the ball more. We are averaging 4.4 yds a carry… out of 646 total offensive plays they’ve ran 202 which comes out to 31%… needs to be higher imho… 

Edited by Command The 414

22 hours ago, HigSkin said:

It's been reported locally that Rivera and JDR are tied together.Β  If Rivera gets fired, JDR will quit.Β  On the flip side, Rivera isn't firing JDR.

Β 

I hate this sort of mentality, this misguided sense of loyalty. A coach's loyalty should be to the players who put their bodies on the line every week to compete, not to the incompetent Neanderthal who's squandering the team's chances from the comfort of the sideline. For all his harping and appreciation for the military, Ron hasn't expressed his full understanding of proper leadership.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, method man said:

As a DC, sure. However, why would we want the guy who squandered the Bills window as our HC?

I don’t think he will be available, but I would definitely take him as HC, and I think their window is still plenty open. Their defense has been decimated by injuries this year, and Allen is having his worst year at QB. I know the fans are freaking out because they’ve had a couple tough losses, but for the last several years McDermott has been considered one of the best coaches in the league. Kansas City didn’t shy away from Andy Reid just because he had β€œsquanderedβ€œ the Eagles window with McNabb.