Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Ron lost the fanbase so bad that we're all just in agreement he needs to go and the conversation has moved onto whether Andy Reid is any good without MahomesΒ πŸ˜†

Β 

FWIW on Ron, I'd remove him now before he gets one of those unexpected wins. I'm all in for draft szn!!

Β 

He and his assistants are doing such an awful job coaching the team, if you're trying to tank for a better draft pick, best to leave things as they are.Β  If you fire him you might actually wake these morons up and have them start trying and inspire the team to a few more wins.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Β 

He and his assistants are doing such an awful job coaching the team, if you're trying to tank for a better draft pick, best to leave things as they are.Β  If you fire him you might actually wake these morons up and have them start trying and inspire the team to a few more wins.

Β 

As usual, Steve is right...

8 hours ago, tshile said:

Question for prospective DC’s:

Β 

True or false, in the NFL you’re only allowed to blitz in the second half?

Β 

Here's the game plan: Keep running directly into the OL in front of you, eventually they will tire out.Β 

2 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I'd remove him now before he gets one of those unexpected wins.

Β 

Only if one of our opponents suddenly come down with a team-wide case of the measles.

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

Β 

Agreed. If you wanna tank, which I think we are all on board with right now, the best option is to keep the current staff and let them flame out on their own.

Β 

I just hate that we're wasting some of our best guys best years. There actually are some real good players on this team that are being horribly misused or not being maximized.

• Like 4

"You never know what is going to happen" is one of those classic Ron lines where he doesn't realize it's a terrible thing to say out loud in this situation. Especially when he goes from talking about needing to watch film, and they will get things fixed. Now he's talking about happenstance or luck.

Β 

I appreciate that Harris isn't a Snyder type who would get in the weeds with his coaches and front office right now. But, this is a different situation. Last night when they got back to the Park, he should have kept Ron, The Marty's, and Jason Wright behind to talk about the current situation and ask them why they should be the ones who get to finish the season. Not if they can turn things around. Why should he (Harris) believe they can? That's what nobody asks Ron in pressers.... and it's a question Ron could avoid there.....but not here.

Β 

Ron, JDR and the Marty's should have been relieved of their duties by this morning with a simple press release from the team thanking them for their time here, but something had to change and waiting until the offseason wasn't an option. Wish them luck.... and bye bye. I don't think Harris would even need a in-person presser for this. Nobody would have questioned the move or said it was the wrong thing.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I just hate that we're wasting some of our best guys best years. There actually are some real good players on this team that are being horribly misused or not being maximized.

Β 

That happens when you don't have a proper build where the QB is in place and developing and opening up your window before your best weapons and defensive players hit their primes.Β  It's why you don't actually start your rebuild until you pick a QB.Β  And it's why the old debate about whether you should build your team first then add your QB or vice versa is just dead.Β  You aren't doing anything but shaving years off the prime of your other players before you get your QB.Β  And actually you make it harder to pick high in the draft and cheaply get a blue chip QB prospect.Β  You never pass over QB for other positions whenever you need a QB.Β  And we better not do it this off-season.

• Like 2

Just now, Going Commando said:

Β 

That happens when you don't have a proper build where the QB is in place and developing and opening up your window before your best weapons and defensive players hit their primes.Β  It's why you don't actually start your rebuild until you pick a QB.Β  And it's why the old debate about whether you should build your team first then add your QB or vice versa is just dead.Β  You aren't doing anything but shaving years off the prime of your other players before you get your QB.Β  And actually you make it harder to pick high in the draft and cheaply get a blue chip QB prospect.Β  You never pass over QB for other positions whenever you need a QB.Β  And we better not do it this off-season.

Yep agreed. Until you have a QB its pointless. You're just wasting years.Β 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Β 

I completely agree with you in terms of skill players. But not in the trenches. Caleb Williams would not have better numbers than Howell this season due to the oline. And Howell has actually been better than average. We need a couple years to build the oline and see where Howell is.

Β 

Unless you have a top 3 pick without trading assets. Then absolutely take a QB.Β Β 

Balancing totally losing the locker room with not sabotaging league-wide opinion of you is difficult.Β 
Β 

generally it’s a bad look to fire someone mid season. Rivera done good work ushering this sinking ship back to port so Snyder could be ejected. He had a public bought with cancer. He’s widely respected as a good guy. Sacking him mid season in an embarrassing fashion would absolutely be a thing Snyder would do - and generally I think everyone understands that doing something Snyder would do is probably a bad idea. It just is.Β 
Β 

Β 

But this is so bad we may end the season with some good players refusing to play for this organization again. John Allen looks ready to demand a trade if he hasn’t already.Β 
Β 

Β 

the reality is if Harris acquired the team in January we’d have a whole new staff and front office already. But he acquired the team late July. We all knew he couldn’t make changes yet.Β 
Β 

So in some sense all were really seeing is a fanbase that can’t remember what we all said in August - which is that we’re stuck watching one more year of a Snyder run football org.Β 
Β 

Β 

Edited by tshile

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

This team will play close to vs Philly next week and we'll all wonder where was this last week.Β  Always a week late and a half a game short.Β  The staff has to the be the worst in the league by far.Β  Totally lost.

Meh, that's just the week-to-week nature of the league. And there is enough talent on the roster for the team to compete most of the time.Β 

Just now, tshile said:

Balancing totally losing the locker room with not sabotaging league-wide opinion of you is difficult.Β 
Β 

generally it’s a bad look to fire someone mid season. Rivera done good work ushering this sinking ship back to port so Snyder could be ejected. He had a public bought with cancer. He’s widely respected as a good guy. Sacking him mid season in an embarrassing fashion would absolutely be a thing Snyder would do - and generally I think everyone understands that doing something Snyder would do is probably a bad idea. It just is.Β 
Β 

Β 

But this is so bad we may end the season with some good players refusing to play for this organization again. John Allen looks ready to demand a trade if he hasn’t already.Β 
Β 

Β 

the reality is if Harris acquired the team in January we’d have a whole new staff and front office already. But he acquired the team late July. We all knew he couldn’t make changes yet.Β 
Β 

So in some send all were really seeing is a fanbase that can’t remember what we all said in August - which is that we’re stuck watching one more year of a Snyder run football org.Β 
Β 

Β 

Harris was all about The Process in Philly which was built around tanking.Β Keeping Rivera as coach ensures the best chance of tanking.Β 

Β 

Thus, the smart move is to actually keep Rivera. Harris is in a no lose situation then. If Rivera somehow turns it around, then great. If not, then he can say "hey look I let the guy coach out the final year and we stunk, now I'm nuking it all and bringing in my own people."Β 

4 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

The talent is definitely there, but they're not being utilized correctly.Β 

I agree. I think we have some good players. Not a Super Bowl roster or anything, but at least one that should win around 9-10 games.Β 

Β 

With better coaches I could see guys like McLaurin, Payne, and Young contending for All Pro.Β 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Harris was all about The Process in Philly which was built around tanking.Β Keeping Rivera as coach ensures the best chance of tanking.Β 

If the nfl draft was in any way shape or form as consistent as the NBA draft then that would be fine

Β 

but It’s not. And unlike the NBA where 1 player can change everything including your free agent options, in the NFL often it’s far more likely a young promising career is ruined by going to a bad org than 1 guy drags a bad org out of the abyss.Β 
Β 

we don’t even know who our GM and front office will be. Tanking? lol whatever.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

45 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I completely agree with you in terms of skill players. But not in the trenches. Caleb Williams would not have better numbers than Howell this season due to the oline. And Howell has actually been better than average. We need a couple years to build the oline and see where Howell is.

Β 

Unless you have a top 3 pick without trading assets. Then absolutely take a QB.Β Β 

The difference with the trenches is interior lineman are cheap in both draft capital and fa spending. You can easily draft your QB and go 2 of LG to RT in your next couple of picks. Would just have to wait a year for your LT.Β 

48 minutes ago, tshile said:

generally it’s a bad look to fire someone mid season

Not in this case. League wide Ron is seen as an out of touch dinosaur and bad FO.Β 

39 minutes ago, tshile said:

If the nfl draft was in any way shape or form as consistent as the NBA draft then that would be fine

Β 

but It’s not. And unlike the NBA where 1 player can change everything including your free agent options, in the NFL often it’s far more likely a young promising career is ruined by going to a bad org than 1 guy drags a bad org out of the abyss.Β 
Β 

we don’t even know who our GM and front office will be. Tanking? lol whatever.Β 

They don't have to be the same. Its all about the philosophy. Harris wanted to reset everything and start over in Philly. I think he's gonna want to do the same here, at least for the FO/coaching staff, and allowing your new people to have higher draft picks to play with would be a nice start. I don't think the overall roster needs to be gutted though, we have some real good players. They just need help.

Ahhh, Dan's last gargantuan mistake playing out it's domino effect right in front of our eyes and I am ALL for it...

Β 

Not sure how conducting the reshaping of the front office takes place, i.e., when/who do you contact for GM interviews, etc... But it needs to start ASAP.Β 

Β 

I respect Ron, JDR, the Marty's (I'm agnostic on EB), but the time has run out and we understand that Dan's last major move needs to be moved on from.Β 

I was at the game yesterday and saw the look on every player's face as they entered the tunnel postgame and you could tell who cared as much as Jon Allen. As Paddleboat Ron entered he heard my feelings loud and clear about how he prepared his team and his future as Coach. Please Josh- fire him now.Β 

Edited by RememberOsaka