Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

6 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Conor Mckenna Fah GIF by Foil Arms and Hog

Β 

Serious deja vu.

Β 

I remember these same OC comments about McVay and Shananan.

Β 

Pretty cool how they became "genius" with better rosters and owners.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

:229:The Rook

Β 

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I liked McVay and Shanahan before they left. In a large community of people, you are going to get people who dislike/like all different people.

Β 

Well, with McVay, maybe a little less, but Shanahan was the guy I thought we'd REALLY miss. That was someone who, while here, was definitely adapting scheme to personnel. That isn't happening with Turner. It's a totally different experience comparing their performance as coaches *here* - it has nothing to do with ownership in that respect.

Β 

Yes, we have a horrible owner. Yes, it means a Super Bowl is extremely unlikely while we have that owner. No, it doesn't mean we have to be THIS bad. This is Ron's doing, and I actually think he has messed up pieces that were improving ( - Kyle Smith, + Mayhew + Hurney). Kyle Smith was an up and coming guy. Mayhew and Hurney were viewed as having failed at their previous attempts. It doesn't take a genius to see which one seems better. I get that maybe there were internal personal issues, or any of a number of other reasons to go that route, but Ron still has to own the dumpster fire he has set ablaze here ON THE FIELD. The other dumpster fire, the much larger one, of course is Snyder's. But this is the first time since Schottenheimer that I can see one person's stamp all over the place who is not Snyder, maybe because Snyder has been distracted by his various legal troubles.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Β Dead. He died last year:

Β 

Pretty sure he would still get the challenge flag out faster than Ron. And it's not like Ron calls plays on either side of the ball. So, you know, Dead Fassel for Coach.Β 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I just don’t think there is anything he can say to you at 1-3 that you will like. Β 

I disagree. Joe Judge stood there and took blame for almost every single loss. He tried to sell the Bellichick line: we will handle it internally. He generally tried to say that (sometimes I think he broke that rule a bit). Even though I didn't think much of his success as a coach, I will say it's unclear how much of it was organizational, and also I did respect how he did SOME of the press conferences (not so much his nonsense comments about our team, but I think he was grasping at that point).

Β 

Anyway, my point is, good leaders who are truly trying to build a strong culture don't point fingers. THAT *WILL* bring players here. This regime has already done that multiple times.

• Like 1

Β 

feels familiar, unfortunately. Can’t blame Rivera at all for not wanting a complete tear-down rebuild. He straight up said, Snyder doesn’t have the patience for it. But that means in year 3 you can’t act like this has always been an extremely long term project (after trading for a QB and saying it was time to ascend). At that point, you may as well have completely torn it down to the studs and rebuilt.Β 

Β 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not impressed with what Ron has put together and hold him accountable for where the team is. Β But some of you guys get really carried away with coach speak. Β I get it, when the team is losing the way a guy breathes is nauseating to some people. Β πŸ˜‚

Β 

But for me, I just don’t put much stock into what a coach says to the press. Β We’ve seen it all, the tough talker, the β€œgotta see the tape”, the everything is great you just can’t see it, the list goes on and really none of it amounts to a hill of beans.

Β 

I just don’t think there is anything he can say to you at 1-3 that you will like. Β 

Oh, this was a hell of a lot more than "coach speak". Β Go on twitter and read the freaking sermon he delivered to the fans and press about why we aren't winning and why we will continue to lose until we have a utopia here.Β 

Β 

I've watched a million coach pressers over all my years of watching football and NEVER have I seen such a "Don't blame me. Β I don't have everything EXACTLY as I want it" diatribe. Β 

Β 

**** Ron Rivera.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SkinsNumberOne said:

I disagree. Joe Judge stood there and took blame for almost every single loss. He tried to sell the Bellichick line: we will handle it internally. He generally tried to say that (sometimes I think he broke that rule a bit). Even though I didn't think much of his success as a coach, I will say it's unclear how much of it was organizational, and also I did respect how he did SOME of the press conferences (not so much his nonsense comments about our team, but I think he was grasping at that point).

Β 

Anyway, my point is, good leaders who are truly trying to build a strong culture don't point fingers. THAT *WILL* bring players here. This regime has already done that multiple times.

Joe Judge was god awful. Β I didn’t see any tears shed by his team when he got canned. Β I find it odd you bring him up, because he’s one dude I think of who found ways to lose press conferences.

21 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Oh, this was a hell of a lot more than "coach speak". Β Go on twitter and read the freaking sermon he delivered to the fans and press about why we aren't winning and why we will continue to lose until we have a utopia here.Β 

Β 

I've watched a million coach pressers over all my years of watching football and NEVER have I seen such a "Don't blame me. Β I don't have everything EXACTLY as I want it" diatribe. Β 

Β 

**** Ron Rivera.

Β 

Β 

Perhaps I just have so little juice for this team, I can’t possibly get as upset as you clearly are.

• Like 1

Β 

Β  There's alot more to this glaring problem than simply getting rid of someone.

Β 

We had a good offensive minded OC, and let him walk.

We had a decent QB a few years ago, FO refused to pay attention and sign the guy quickly, and he ended up going elsewhere.

Had an at least a mid-pack o-line, let some of them walk.

Had a chance a few years ago to get 1, maybe 2 possible good candidates for DC, FO sat on their hands til they signed elsewhere then picked up an absolute BUM of a DC, then said " well all the good ones are gone".

Its a cheapskate organization from the tippity-top down. The majority owner is a midget with an ego who thinks he knows it all, and always ends up in a face palm.Β 

It took me a good long while to finally get it, but dammit Hells Bells Lucy I see the light now!Β  Snyder = Organizational cancer. The minority owners are ball-less { maybe vaginal-less } to ban together and force the issue; they just sit back and collect their shares of the revenue.Β 

Β 

Now, to a much less degree, fans do play a part in it, unfortunately. Everyone wants a winner NOW, no ifs ands or buts about it. When they get a QB who can move the ball but struggle in an area of their game its " get rid of the bum, he's trash "; patience has all but gone from the fan base, and I can understand why. Gibbs lost his first 5 games before he even got a single victory, and the rest is history, but I don't recall the pitchfork crew rioting about it.Β 

Β 

Β Right now the culture is bad, from the team down to the fans, and it radiates. Bad choice after bad choice made by Snyder has all but sucked the life out of the fans, and I seriously doubt that anything will change until Snyder is gone. Control freaks are narrow-minded and believe everything revolves around them. Until someone gets through his thick waterhead skull, if they ever do, it will be wash rinse repeat...

Β 

SIC

• Like 3

Guys, this photo right here really sums up the offensive line play over the past two weeks.Β  And these are two of our starters (Leno and Norwell), not the guys we pulled in off the street because we have no backups capable of "backing up" starters.....

Β 

image.png.39069a58a9e019f4a290dd23cfa931e4.png

Β 

These guys are actually blocking each other instead of the other team. I guess they needed some extra work on their technique, so why not get their reps against one another while playing on Sunday. Its not like they played i preseason.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by kfrankie
  • Sad 2

https://richmond.com/sports/professional/commanders-coach-i-understand-how-important-it-is-to-win-but-ive-got-to-be/article_5c7dbaac-1f42-598c-b762-78488a1a7ad6.html
Β 

In an animated call with reporters on Monday, Rivera said he knows fans are unhappy with a 1-3 start after the promise of an improved team behind new quarterback Carson Wentz. Β "I understand everybody's frustration," Rivera said. "Especially with how proud this organization is. S---, this organization's got five championships. Are you f------ kidding me. Β "I get it. I understand how important it is to win. OK? But I've got to be realistic with what we have and what we're trying to do.

Β 

"I understand the history of what's gone on here for a while, and we're trying to change that, but it's not going to happen overnight - it's not going to be easy," Rivera said. "If anybody thought it was gonna be easy, they're crazy.”

Β 

These statements from Ron are fire-able offenses to me! Is he actually calling us fans out for expecting a better performance than what we have seen? Where is he holding himself accountable first? Hey Ron how about that delayed red flag or going for 2? Β Where is owning the fault on those plays?I’ve been behind him giving him the benefit of the doubt but this doesn’t help his cause.Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by skinsfan93

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

If we could only luck into a great set of coaches...

Β 

Snyder is an AHole. He basically gave the middle finger to Mike Shanahan and there was no way that Kyle was gonna stick around here. If Mike is The Godfather then what is Gruden? He had Sean, LaFleur and Kevin OConnell on the staff.Β 
Β 

I would like us to get an offensive guy who can put his imprint on this offense. May have to look at someone on Seans or Kyles coaching staff ala Mike Daniels/Zac Taylor.Β 

DeMeco Ryans πŸ‘€ with a Shanahan disciple OC and a veteran ST’s coach. Maybe a veteran assistant HC/positional coach in the mold of a Staley type over in DET.

Β 

Never come here of course, just dreaming. While we’re dreaming, obviously Snyder selling and a new owner hiring a qualified GM to make these hires would be ideal.

15 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Joe Judge was god awful. Β I didn’t see any tears shed by his team when he got canned. Β I find it odd you bring him up, because he’s one dude I think of who found ways to lose press conferences.

Perhaps I just have so little juice for this team, I can’t possibly get as upset as you clearly are.

You're not wrong, and I was happy he was the coach of the Giants, as I'm sure they are happy in 2022 for Rivera to be our coach.

Joe Judge was horrible, but he was trying to emulate Bellichick's style of presser from the get-go. It was "well we're trying to build something" and "on to the next game, we made some mistakes, we'll look at film" - he was trying really hard to build a culture and NOT point fingers. I have no love for Joe Judge other than as coach of the Giants and any part he had in them being putrid; there is deep affection for him there actually. Ha.

Β 

Still, trying to be fair - and I hate Bill Bellichick - but doing press conferences, it is not rocket science (or it really shouldn't be). You NEVER throw players under the bus. It literally hurts the team in HUGE ways, because players and agents already don't want to come to a loser, but a loser that damages careers even more with blame (losing already is not great for a career). So, that's just a ridiculously bad look. Judge, from what I remember, really tried not to even though things were going pretty bad for a LONG time there.

Β 

Look, it's easy to be considered a good coach, good press conferences, good everything when you are winning. I brought up Judge because as much as he seemed like a bad coach in a lot of ways, I thought one thing people could learn from him was trying to keep the temperature moderate no matter the situation, and he was trying to emulate the guy I think he clearly sees as his mentor there.

12 hours ago, Conn said:

DeMeco Ryans πŸ‘€ with a Shanahan disciple OC and a veteran ST’s coach. Maybe a veteran assistant HC/positional coach in the mold of a Staley type over in DET.

Β 

Never come here of course, just dreaming. While we’re dreaming, obviously Snyder selling and a new owner hiring a qualified GM to make these hires would be ideal.

Let's petition someone, maybe Bezos, or Leonsis, to start a new franchise. Anyway that black and gold thing on the team was barely recognizable in all ways (colors, play, name... everything).

9 hours ago, SkinsNumberOne said:

Β 

Let's petition someone, maybe Bezos, or Leonsis, to start a new franchise. Anyway that black and gold thing on the team was barely recognizable in all ways (colors, play, name... everything).

Β 

Β After Sunday, i'm surprised the Blackfoot indians aren't petitioning because of the fugly unis.

Was those Mrs. Snyder's idea? I hope not, but if so, then she's as moronic as her Lord Farquaad.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2022 at 7:10 PM, kfrankie said:

Guys, this photo right here really sums up the offensive line play over the past two weeks.Β  And these are two of our starters (Leno and Norwell), not the guys we pulled in off the street because we have no backups capable of "backing up" starters.....

Β 

image.png.39069a58a9e019f4a290dd23cfa931e4.png

Β 

These guys are actually blocking each other instead of the other team. I guess they needed some extra work on their technique, so why not get their reps against one another while playing on Sunday. Its not like they played i preseason.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Too bad the refs didn't call holding on one of them. Maybe they could sack Wentz next week just to one-up themselves.

Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkinsNumberOne said:

Too bad the refs didn't call holding on one of them. Maybe they could sack Wentz next week just to one-up themselves.

Β 

Β 

I'm thinking they would get called for encroachment, but Wentz would also be called for intentional grounding, On the same play, William Jackson would also somehow be called for pass interference, even though he'd be on the sideline.