Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

Neither of those are bright offensive minds, but your point stands. Bienemy, maybe, but Chief’s fans dislike him and wish he would finally get hired away. Leftwich absolutely not, he’s a dinosaur in a young man’s body. Has Tom Brady and runs on 1st down a league-leading amount of the time for horrible efficiency which is the sort of ignorant old anti-analytics thinking we’ve had here for decades already.

Edited by Conn

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

The thing is that this coaching staff is not good, but what's worse is that no bright offensive mind (Bieniemy, Leftwich) would want to come here and work for this clown show organization

Β 

I'm 50/50 on this.Β  I think you're correct, but they're still only a few head coaching jobs in the league and money talks.Β  I don't like our chances because this is a ****ing dumpster fire but you never know.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

The thing is that this coaching staff is not good, but what's worse is that no bright offensive mind (Bieniemy, Leftwich) would want to come here and work for this clown show organization

I don't want either of those coaches anyway.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

Neither of those are bright offensive minds, but your point stands. Bienemy, maybe, but Chief’s fans dislike him and wish he would finally get hired away. Leftwich absolutely not, he’s a dinosaur in a young man’s body. Has Tom Brady and runs on 1st down a league-leading amount of the time for horrible efficiency which is the sort of ignorant old anti-analytics thinking we’ve had here for decades already.

Β 

Wait, you think the current OC runs too much, or runs on 1st down a lot? I disagree, although I also don't think Leftwich is a good OC.

Β 

I am not sure who I think is a good OC just this minute, but I do believe Turner is a horrible OC. He broadcast that he needed to get McLaurin involved more this week, and the result was 2 for 15 yards on 6 targets. He has left Ron in postgames for two weeks now, saying "we need to run more." Ok, you're the head coach, make it happen. Don't keep saying the same thing, it's beyond pathetic.

Β 

Ron seems too loyal to his buddies that he brought in and/or promoted here.

3 minutes ago, SkinsNumberOne said:

Β 

Β 

Agree 101%. It's become a good ol' boys club. Of course, could it be possible that it's not the coaching at all, but it's that the players just aren't any good? Maybe the plays would work better if guys didn't just suck, so that means Ron & Co.'s talent evaluation is deficient and is the biggest problem facing this team.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SkinsNumberOne said:

Β 

Wait, you think the current OC runs too much, or runs on 1st down a lot? I disagree, although I also don't think Leftwich is a good OC.

Β 

I am not sure who I think is a good OC just this minute, but I do believe Turner is a horrible OC. He broadcast that he needed to get McLaurin involved more this week, and the result was 2 for 15 yards on 6 targets. He has left Ron in postgames for two weeks now, saying "we need to run more." Ok, you're the head coach, make it happen. Don't keep saying the same thing, it's beyond pathetic.

Β 

Nah I’m pretty much over Turner despite a few of his tendencies that I thought in past years portended a brighter future (passing more on 1st down, consistently using motion, using PA action without needing to run endlessly firstβ€”all modern +EV tendencies that correlate well with good offensive play-calling that we hadn’t seen here under previous coaches). But he’s gotta go along with the rest and he’s earned it plenty.Β 
Β 

Was mostly just addressing why those specifics names I quoted aren’t necessarily the types of guys we want to be looking at.Β 

Edited by Conn

Just now, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Β 

Agree 101%. It's become a good ol' boys club. Of course, could it be possible that it's not the coaching at all, but it's that the players just aren't any good? Maybe the plays would work better if guys didn't just suck, so that means talent evaluation by Ron and his cronies isn't any good.

Unfortunately, I think there have been key mistakes in personnel ( + Wentz, - Carter, - Settle), as well as ridiculous coaching decisions. The Eagles D had success against the pass, and struggled against the run. It was an easy decision for anyone but the most idiotic and arrogant OC. I guess that is who we have, because somehow we ended up repeatedly calling pass plays. Do you remember when Bellichick called a game with all run plays last year? I dislike Bill B as much as anyone, but I mean, you have to be willing to call plays to WIN. You play to WIN. You don't play to win your way. Scott doesn't get it, and for that, he should be fired at this point. It's gone on too long, and he's had ample opportunity (given by Ron) to fix his thinking.

Β 

Instead: 3-year extension? Hire Mayhew? Hire Hurney? Let Kyle Smith go?

Β 

Now: complain incessantly about Jamin Davis and others who you should OWN as big decisions?

Β 

So, then you start saying, I guess Ron has to go too. That 3-year extension for Turner really rankles me. It was unearned. No one was clamoring to grab Turner from us. OConnell was gone pretty quickly.

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

Nah I’m pretty much over Turner despite a few of his tendencies that I thought in past years portended a brighter future (passing more on 1st down, consistently using motion, using PA action without needing to run endlessly firstβ€”all modern +EV tendencies that correlate well with good offensive play-calling that we hadn’t seen here under previous coaches). But he’s gotta go along with the rest and he’s earned it plenty.Β 
Β 

Was mostly just addressing why those specifics names I quoted aren’t necessarily the types of guys we want to be looking at.Β 

Interesting - what are the reasons you dislike Turner? I mean, obviously he has called bad games (hopefully obvious) but he has continually done exactly those things that you listed, with disastrous results. My take is, there is no set of statistics that can be applied to every situation, and he has refused to adapt his mentality and play-calling to the circumstances that are staring him in the face.

Β 

I am open to anything that gets a W. Turner seems to think that there is a one-size fits all way to win.Β 

24 minutes ago, SkinsNumberOne said:

Unfortunately, I think there have been key mistakes in personnel ( + Wentz, - Carter, - Settle), as well as ridiculous coaching decisions. The Eagles D had success against the pass, and struggled against the run. It was an easy decision for anyone but the most idiotic and arrogant OC. I guess that is who we have, because somehow we ended up repeatedly calling pass plays. Do you remember when Bellichick called a game with all run plays last year? I dislike Bill B as much as anyone, but I mean, you have to be willing to call plays to WIN. You play to WIN. You don't play to win your way. Scott doesn't get it, and for that, he should be fired at this point. It's gone on too long, and he's had ample opportunity (given by Ron) to fix his thinking.

Β 

Instead: 3-year extension? Hire Mayhew? Hire Hurney? Let Kyle Smith go?

Β 

Now: complain incessantly about Jamin Davis and others who you should OWN as big decisions?

Β 

So, then you start saying, I guess Ron has to go too. That 3-year extension for Turner really rankles me. It was unearned. No one was clamoring to grab Turner from us. OConnell was gone pretty quickly.

Interesting - what are the reasons you dislike Turner? I mean, obviously he has called bad games (hopefully obvious) but he has continually done exactly those things that you listed, with disastrous results. My take is, there is no set of statistics that can be applied to every situation, and he has refused to adapt his mentality and play-calling to the circumstances that are staring him in the face.

Β 

I am open to anything that gets a W. Turner seems to think that there is a one-size fits all way to win.Β 

I wouldn’t say I dislike him outrightβ€”I think compared to the rage I see here about him I’m probably more ambivalent about him if anythingβ€”I just wouldn’t keep any holdovers from this regime, and even if I wanted to hang onto him I don’t think he’s shown enough to be worth the time investment where you’re essentially just gambling that he can continue to learn on the job. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pop up elsewhere and succeed with more time on the job, in the future.
Β 

I like some of his broad tendencies and philosophies, but in practice it’s not working because he’s rigid. He doesn’t adjust fast enough in-game or even between games. His actual play design is also questionableβ€”his route combos get messy and bunched up rather than helping guys run freeβ€”which people here, especially stevemcqueen (who has a new user name that I don’t remember) have been calling out since he started here, but which I was willing to overlook at the time because I saw positives elsewhere (which I’ve already listed).

Easy Peasy...Wright and Ron....gzz what a softball question. My guess on Tuner is he gets alot of input during the week from Norv, I read somewhere that Norv watched our film. Maybe why he cant adjust, remind me again what Wright, King, and Tuners qualifications are again? You dont give jobs to people that are your buddies (see Vinny) or people with no experience at the pinnacle of a business.

Edited by TChaler70

59 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

Easy Peasy...Wright and Ron....gzz what a softball question. My guess on Tuner is he gets alot of input during the week from Norv, I read somewhere that Norv watched our film. Maybe why he cant adjust, remind me again what Wright, King, and Tuners qualifications are again? You dont give jobs to people that are your buddies (see Vinny) or people with no experience at the pinnacle of a business.

Don’t really get why you would single out King, who nobody ever talks about, who is the assistant coach of a position we don’t have problems with. Huh, wonder why you singled that random assistant coach out among a list of much more consequential/visible figures. Interesting.Β 

Edited by Conn

Didn't Ron also say at the end of last season "Everything we need is in this room" Now we all know, they definitely still needed a QB, but still, the things Rivera is saying right now after a 1-3 start seem to be a stark contrast to how he felt about the roster at the end of 2021.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Didn't Ron also say at the end of last season "Everything we need is in this room" Now we all know, they definitely still needed a QB, but still, the things Rivera is saying right now after a 1-3 start seem to be a stark contrast to how he felt about the roster at the end of 2021.

Yes. He’s clearly full of ****. NFL coaches are allowed to do that…until they start losing. He’s long since lost that privilegeΒ 

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Yes. He’s clearly full of ****. NFL coaches are allowed to do that…until they start losing. He’s long since lost that privilegeΒ 

Β 

I get that Ron took over a mess of a situation, but the modern NFL is an entirely different beast than it was 30 years ago.Β  This 3-5 seasons to rebuild just isn't true anymore.Β  Yes, a lot of teams flirt with being good for a season or two and descend back into mediocrity, but you see other teams turn things around in a single offseason with a few keyΒ  moves.Β  No one was expecting to be a title contender in 2022, but it's the stagnation.Β  Where are the signs that the team is better?Β  I think the roster is overall better, but that is different than the "team" being better.

27 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Β 

OMG.

Β 

I swear to all that is holy that Ron's comments today - that two minute diatribe on things being hard - is the mostΒ pathetic, lame, unaccountableΒ piece of bull**** I've ever heard a coach say. Ever.

Β 

Seriously, Ron? Β The NFL isΒ engineeredΒ for losing programs to turn themselves around relatively quick. Β The Lions are turning around. Β The Giants are turning around. Β The Jets are turning it around. Β The Jaguars are turning it around. Β  3 years in the NFL is a freaking eternity to at least get your team looking respectable and headed in the right direction. Β Only a madman would argue otherwise, when you have as much power as Ron does, even with Snyder as owner.

Β 

YOU SAID THAT: Β  "EVERYTHING WE NEED IS IN THAT LOCKEROOM. Β I BELIEVE THAT. Β I REALLY DO."

Β 

And now you're complaining like a **** that you have injuries to your wafer-thin football team stocked with "solid but not great" players that YOU put in place. Β  EVERY team has injuries. Β You freaking excuse-making CRYBABY.

Β 

You actually sat there and opined thatΒ ONCE EVERYTHING IS IN PLACE, WE HAVE ALL THE TALENT WE NEED, AND WE ARE HEALTHY....THEN WE WILL START TO GET ROLLING. Β And until that time, nothing is really going to change. Β 

Β 

What in the actual HELL?????

Β 

You NEVER get all that in the NFL. Β It doesn't take 5 years to get things turned around. Β That is an absolute embarrassment of a statement and an absolute self-absolving one. Β 

Β 

YOU pick the coaches. Β 

YOU picked the FO.

YOU pick the players.

YOU, Ron, signed on the dotted line, accepting all that power.Β 

Β 

Even though I've been off the Ron bandwagon for awhile now, i had a ton of respect for his efforts. Β That's all gone now. Β Look at you, Ron. Β You're pathetic. Β The most pathetic, excuse-making coach in the NFL. Β I cannot remember a Head Coach making excuses like this in all my 40+ years of watching football.

Β 

**** you, Ron. Β I've lost all respect for you, the coach. Β All of it. Β I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly support this pathetic head coach after today's statements. Β 

Β 

GET RON OUT OF HERE NOW. Β I don't care who is the next failure here. Β I'd rather lose with a failure of a head coach who doesn't make excuses to make himself look better and get heat taken off him than listen to Ron Rivera utter one more syllable. Β 

Β 

FIRE THEM ALL RIGHT ****ING NOW.

Β 

Β 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Β 

Β 

GET RON OUT OF HERE NOW. Β I don't care who is the next failure here. Β I'd rather lose with a failure of a head coach who doesn't make excuses to make himself look better and get heat taken off him than listen to Ron Rivera utter one more syllable. Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I agree. I haven't watched it, but from your description it sounds horrible. He just can't admit any mistakes, and he is just rolling out excuses after excuses. Starting with blaming players is the worst look of all (Jamin Davis, Wentz, others), because it shows a lack of leadership, pure and simple. Players respect coaches who provide some cover for them, so they can focus on their jobs. You keep it in-house. That is as simple as it gets, and we can't do THAT right?

Β 

Signing Turner to a 3-year extension made 0 sense. NONE. It was unearned, and NO ONE was knocking on the door for him. It was just Ron being Ron. Hiring Marties, and pretending that Kyle Smith somehow did something wrong with how he handled personnel? Supposedly interviewing O'Connell and then picking Turner?Β 

Β 

It has just been a big pile of garbage, and I have waited to see the results. I refused to jump to judgement. I think the results are in, especially after these kinds of press conferences.

I’m not impressed with what Ron has put together and hold him accountable for where the team is. Β But some of you guys get really carried away with coach speak. Β I get it, when the team is losing the way a guy breathes is nauseating to some people. Β πŸ˜‚

Β 

But for me, I just don’t put much stock into what a coach says to the press. Β We’ve seen it all, the tough talker, the β€œgotta see the tape”, the everything is great you just can’t see it, the list goes on and really none of it amounts to a hill of beans.

Β 

I just don’t think there is anything he can say to you at 1-3 that you will like. Β 

• Like 2