Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former Japan PM Shinzo Abe Assassinated (edited)

Fergasun

Shocking news out of Japan as Shinzo Abe was shot while delivering a speech.  NHK is resporting he has no pulse and has been rushed to the hospital. 

No news sources have confirmed that he is dead, but that does appear to be the likely outcome. 

Shocking not only because political assasinations are rare, but also lack of gun violence in Japan.  

Edited by Fergasun
  • Sad 2

Live update link:

Former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe hospitalized after possible shooting

Abe may have been shot in the chest and police have arrested a suspect, NHK reports

Shinzo Abe collapsed during a speech in Nara City at around 11:30 a.m. local time, and appeared to be bleeding after a possible gunshot in his back, according to Japan’s public broadcaster NHK.

According to an official of the Liberal Democratic Party Abe faction, Abe was shot in the chest and carried away by an ambulance, NHK reported. Police have arrested a man on suspicion of attempted murder and retrieved a gun.

Click on the link for more

Jesus. 

Hard to tell from the video, but was he giving a speech on the side of a road? Looks like a traffic barrier in front or in back of him.

Looking at the other video looks more like in the middle of a street. I guess that isn't all that odd. Anyway, horrible situation. 

Edited by abdcskins

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

obvious question is "why?", 

No clue but I remember Abe being quite unpopular his last few years in office. Number of scandals I wanna say. That was sposidly why he often visited Trump at Mar a Lago. Trying to avoid all the bad press at home.

• Like 1

• Fergasun changed the title to Former Japan PM Shinzo Abe Assassinated (edited)

There was a clear video of the assassination on Twitter.  I will describe it as I clicked on it.  Basically the shooter appeared to be 15 to 20 feet away from my video reckoning.  He is behind Abe and gets 1 shot off but it looks like it all misses. There is a puff of smoke and it almost seems like a firework. It looks like the shooter moves a bit closer (maybe to 10 feet?).and Abe and everyone else turns around to see what is going on and theres another shot.  At that point he was hit, his momentum turns him away and falls to his knees / collapses.  

The gun appears to be what I would call a homemade hand cannon. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he was something like the 6th person killed this year in Japan with a gun.