Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2022 Regular Season Prediction Thread

zCommander

What The Record Will Be?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Record

48 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

How about some bold predictions for the year?

-Gibby gets 1600+ All Purpose yards and is top 10 in the NFL in the category.

-Sweat gets 10+ sacks

-Fuller gets at least 4 pics

After Chase comes back he shows to people he is not a "bust" and gets 15.5 sacks!

Gibby won't get to 1600 when BRob comes back though. 

I watched the highlights (thats right, just the highlights) and I wasn't impressed by the Eagles. The Lions looked like the better team, they just had some bad luck. Hurts made some throws, but he is a run first QB. He's going to get creamed sooner than later, he took some pretty bad hits today alone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

While some opponents look worse, a lot got some dubs, including against those teams.

Not gonna put too much stock in week 1 tho

I'm sticking with an L to the Browns when Watson comes back, but what the Giants and Bears did today doesn't make them look any better then I thought they were 24 hours ago.  If anything the Eagles barely beating Detroit is suspect AF.

47 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

2/3 of those teams put up a lot of points. I don’t see us scoring 28+ points on a regular basis…

What's your definition of a lot of points?

Everyone on our schedule scored 26 points or less today except Philly and Detroit.

Not buying Falcons as a high scoring offense, or the Titans, or the Giants, or the Bears.

Packers may be an anomaly today, but their lack of quality recievers as a fact.  Vikings I have us winning same as before this week because it jus feels like we are overdue for revenge against Kirk and its the blackout game.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm sticking with an L to the Browns when Watson comes back, but what the Giants and Bears did today doesn't make them look any better then I thought they were 24 hours ago.  If anything the Eagles barely beating Detroit is suspect AF.

You cant exactly ding the 9ers, Pack n Titans as less than you thought they were without also elevating the teams they played, all of which are on our slate. Your acknowledging some teams look worse while not giving credit to their direct competition.

If those teams look worse, its because their opponents look better

This season has all the earmarks of a rollercoaster.

We saw it in one game and we will

see it all season. We are up, then down , then up.

My 8-9 prediction  seems realistic ; though it could be flipped to 9-8.

We just need to see good Carson more than bad Carson; because as the season progresses, we are going to need Good Carson to bail us out from our defense and the occasional appearances from Bad Carson.

At least Carson bounced back and I think that helps him mentally.  If we didn’t come back and lost; I think that would affected him.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

You cant exactly ding the 9ers, Pack n Titans as less than you thought they were without also elevating the teams they played, all of which are on our slate. Your acknowledging some teams look worse while not giving credit to their direct competition.

If those teams look worse, its because their opponents look better

No, it's because some of it looks about right, regardless who they play against its reasonable to see these problems that caused them to lose to rise up again.

Packers and Titans both went backwards talentwise at skillpositions on offense, and there's a reason 49ers extended Jimmy despite saying Trey Lance was their starter.

I believe a lot of people kinda hoped it wouldn't be so obvious. Ask anyone in their respecrive fan bases if they believe the issues I raised for their teams Week 1 was an anomaly. 

Edited by Renegade7

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I know it's one week, but man, does it look like the number of winnable games jus went up.

Titans, Packers, and 49ers all got embarrassed today.

Hate to see it happen...

And I’d bet The jaguars and lions aren’t nearly as bad as people thought they were going in.

Doug Pederson has won a super bowl, he’s not just some guy. He’s won and won big before, coincidentally with the guy under center for us now. 

And I don’t know if it’s hard knocks or just the fact they wouldn’t go away today, but that team scraps. They are a 6-7 win team this year.

Its tough playing the schedule game, the league flip flops so much every year. It’s just the nature of the NFL and the above you pointed out are good examples of teams that maybe aren’t as good as they were last year. It’s also week one and could be an anomaly.

Anything is possible but I do know our schedule will be easier than last year just from the sheer fact we don’t play QB murderers row. 

On 9/7/2022 at 11:51 PM, Zim489 said:

Something I havent understood this offseason has been the Vegas line. It has held firm the entire offseason at 7.5 in most places. It is currently the most one sided bet on the board with the over. With the line not moving its telling me that Vegas is beyond happy to take the money. They fully expect us to implode. National media is one thing. Vegas is another. 

Where do you get the information of what the public is doing?

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Not really.  Detroit was a bad luck team last year.  They really should've won 5-6 games instead of the 3 that they did win.  Detroit is going to be a MUCH tougher opponent than the Jags.  Detroit can actually put up points, and they can run the ball well now with DeAndre Swift.  Even more tough, is the fact that this is a road game for Washington, in a place that they haven't had much success in the past 15 years.  I predict that this will be a shootout, and that the score will look similar to today's Eagles/Lions score.  Detroit's issue is that they can't close games.

• Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Not really.  Detroit was a bad luck team last year.  They really should've won 5-6 games instead of the 3 that they did win.  Detroit is going to be a MUCH tougher opponent than the Jags.  Detroit can actually put up points, and they can run the ball well now with DeAndre Swift.  Even more tough, is the fact that this is a road game for Washington, in a place that they haven't had much success in the past 15 years.  I predict that this will be a shootout, and that the score will look similar to today's Eagles/Lions score.  Detroit's issue is that they can't close games.

5-6 games is still a bad football team, and this looks like plenty of completely uncompetitive games to compliment the ones you want to give them credit for (when i hear "put up points", i expect to see more then three games scoring 30 or more):

SmartSelect_20220912_093200_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8e700685bc1efb9104828141c7903514.jpg

It's funny because I ran into a Lions fan after the game in Walmart and asked him how the hell they scored 35 points.  He was flabbergasted as well, but threw in he really likes the coach, has them playing hard.

That doesn't mean they are as good as the Eagles, because it was out of reach for most of it and looks like Eagles thought they had it in bag and Lions refused to jus die per the script they were handed.

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

5-6 games is still a bad football team, and this looks like plenty of completely uncompetitive games to compliment the ones you want to give them credit for (when i hear "put up points", i expect to see more then three games scoring 30 or more):

SmartSelect_20220912_093200_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8e700685bc1efb9104828141c7903514.jpg

It's funny because I ran into a Lions fan after the game in Walmart and asked him how the hell they scored 35 points.  He was flabbergasted as well, but threw in he really likes the coach, has them playing hard.

That doesn't mean they are as good as the Eagles, because it was out of reach for most of it and looks like Eagles thought they had it in bag and Lions refused to jus die per the script they were handed.

I see plenty of one score games on that list of games they played last year.  They were not your typical terrible team.  Second, we just saw our defense have issues against a team that couldn't average 15 PPG last year on offense.  How are you so confident that we can easily beat Detroit?  It's possible, but it won't be easy.  This will be one of the highest scoring games next week.  We can't stop them, and they can't stop us.

Edited by samy316

29 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I see plenty of one score games on that list of games they played last year.  They were not your typical terrible team.  Second, we just saw our defense have issues against a team that couldn't average 15 PPG last year on offense.  How are you so confident that we can easily beat Detroit?  It's possible, but it won't be easy.  This will be one of the highest scoring games next week.  We can't stop them, and they can't stop us.

Show me where I said that, and I'll answer you.

I bumped this thread with what I felt was an increase in winnable games, i always felt the Detroit game was winnable.

Edit: most of their TDs against Philly yesterday were on the ground, not passing (only 215 yards), it's not like Detroit went 99 Rams through the air on the Eagles yesterday...

Edited by Renegade7

4 hours ago, samy316 said:

The Lions have a really good offensive line too. I hope we can win the battle up front. Changes everything, if we can.