Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Good thought, maybe even give McKissic some carries at times to see what he can do? Move Gibby all over the field and create mismatches? It should be easy to do with his skills.

I know you feel like you have to disagree with everything I post out of some type of personal beef, but I've been posting this for the past year and a half.  Over and over and over and over and over again.  

I even said, over and over, that they should use Gibson like Faulk in the Greatest Show on Turf teams: never let anybody know where he's going to be: backfield, split out-wide, in the slot, use in combination with McKissic or another RB, move him everywhere.

I've been preaching this, as have a few others, for a LONG time.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Captain James said:

Man, I can only imagine. This paired with a possible above-average offense? Sky is the limit.

Of course, we don't usually have history or luck on our side...

Of course injuries, as with most teams, could send us sideways very quickly.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Crazy listening to Kaczor talk about kick coverages, personnel and how they have to shuffle guys around who haven't had a lot of practice at it, etc. is nutz.

That's a hard job....

I do wonder what it's like to be an ST coach, knowing that half your job is to do actual special teams work and the other half is to serve as the detention center for players from the offense and defense. Do ST coaches just walk down the hallway each morning, waiting to see which players are sitting on the bench outside his office?

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

#groinwatch2022

Every time I hear about any groin related injury o think back to when Dennis Miller was doing MNF, and Al Michaels said “some player had minor groin surgery” and Miller said, “in my experience, there is no such thing as minor groin surgery.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Dennis Miller was doing MNF

That was a post turtle if there's ever been one. I still don't know how that happened, but I really liked it actually.

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Gibson may get a reprieve.

Losing McKissic would absolutely suck. Dude is so good. That is the role I'd like to see Gibby in though. 

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Every time I hear about any groin related injury o think back to when Dennis Miller was doing MNF, and Al Michaels said “some player had minor groin surgery” and Miller said, “in my experience, there is no such thing as minor groin surgery.”

Nothing beats Sam from "Cheers" take on the subject:

• Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Catching up with Finlay's podcast.  That crew continues to be really down on Dyami's camp.  They think he's being out played by Harmon, Michel, C. Simms. 

Finlay said he asked around and doesn't get the impression that they are stashing Reyes, he thinks they ultimately release him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Catching up with Finlay's podcast.  That crew continues to be really down on Dyami's camp.  They think he's being out played by Harmon, Michel, C. Simms. 

Finlay said he asked around and doesn't get the impression that they are stashing Reyes, he thinks they ultimately release him.

I think Dyami is safet to make the roster because he was a third round draft pick and this is only his second year, but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't make the cut in 2023.

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not doubting what you heard but weird we've been seeing some hype with Brown.  

https://www.commanders.com/news/commanders-training-camp-notebook-dyami-brown-makes-four-catches

As impressive as the catch from Samuel was, Dyami Brown stood out the most among the Commanders' wide receivers today. Brown, who had 16 snaps in Saturday's preseason game, made four catches during practice, one of which was a sideline grab while being covered by Kendall Fuller. Brown has said multiple times that Year 2 is going to be a big one for him. He's backed that up in practice, and while we didn't see much from Brown against the Panthers, his growth over the past month is obvious.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Not doubting what you heard but weird we've been seeing some hype with Brown.  

https://www.commanders.com/news/commanders-training-camp-notebook-dyami-brown-makes-four-catches

As impressive as the catch from Samuel was, Dyami Brown stood out the most among the Commanders' wide receivers today. Brown, who had 16 snaps in Saturday's preseason game, made four catches during practice, one of which was a sideline grab while being covered by Kendall Fuller. Brown has said multiple times that Year 2 is going to be a big one for him. He's backed that up in practice, and while we didn't see much from Brown against the Panthers, his growth over the past month is obvious.

Sure, I've seen some of that, that article is from the team's website.  I don't know myself since I haven't watched any of camp.  All three dudes on Finlay's podcast have been down on Dyami's camp.  But who knows?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't want Brown to do poorly at all, but it's good to see Harmon making a good recovery. I was pulling for that guy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Crazy listening to Kaczor talk about kick coverages, personnel and how they have to shuffle guys around who haven't had a lot of practice at it, etc. is nutz.

That's a hard job....

Lost Apke n Reyes, and Bates has been on the shelf.

A lot of his stalwarts just are not there. Dude has to be in juggle mode right now trying to figure out who he can depend on

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

My 6 are Terry, Josh, Samuels, Brown, Milne, and Harmon. I'm sure I'm wrong, but Milne for PR duties and Harmon because he brings sure hands on contested catches

I'd be shocked if Sims isn't on the team.    If Brown makes the team and everyone is healthy; he's going to be inactive.

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'd be shocked if Sims isn't on the team.    If Brown makes the team and everyone is healthy; he's going to be inactive.

I'm sure you're right and I used to be a "give Sims a chance" guy, but that all changed when they actually gave him a chance lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I agree that Sims is a good bet to make the team.   I also agree that if Brown makes the team, he will be the one is going to be inactive for the games.

3 hours ago, bowhunter said:

My 6 are Terry, Josh, Samuels, Brown, Milne, and Harmon. I'm sure I'm wrong, but Milne for PR duties and Harmon because he brings sure hands on contested catches

Doesn’t Sims actually contribute more in game and on special team more so than Milne or Harmon.

Also, would have been better if we could have kept Carter.