Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your expectations for this season?

Reddskins1

With the addition of Carson Wentz and his throwing ability and with the weapons we have on offense With the strong run game already there of course we have to reestablish it year to year but I don't see that being a problem cause the oline is above average and could be damn near dominant this season...With all that said I expect a top 10 offense no worse then 12..

Now to the defense...We all were disappointed in last year's performance especially the first half of the season and I attribute that to del-rio and his scheme and frankly under performance across the board with the players.We got complacent on D especially upfront reading all the good things being written and talked about this unit.. Del-rio waited to late to adjust the D but he finally did do it..The talent on this D is undeniable but we are weak at the LB position so we need better play there but I honestly feel that our Dline was alot of the cause for the LB's looking bad cause we underachieved badly with our front 4..With the proper scheme and the talent there is no way in hell we play that poorly again so I see the D finishing in the middle of the pack or better...

So with the O in the top 10 and the D at no worst then the middle of the pack it equals to a NFC East title and a great chance to make noise in the Playoffs..This is my expectation WHAT'S Your's?

A pro bowl season from Jamin Davis played from his natural position.  Chase and Montez to STFU and prove it with solid performance on the field.  Samuel to stay healthy and be a major contributor.  Terry gets a respectable contract and keeps being Terry. Gibson holds on to the ball. Wentz outperforms the negative press he has gotten.  11/6 record only one loss at home.

All that seems reasonable to me so none of it will happen except for Terry continues to be Terry 

The team should win at least 11 games if Wentz is actually better than Heineken and the defense doesn't reset 3rd down record again.

But everybody knows that the Dan Karma is going to step in at some point and turn it into another comedy.

They have a pretty good chance to win the division though, no team ever wins it twice in a row. 

Expectations? Nope! Other than major injuries to 2-3 guys you expect to make a difference and some more owner and FO drama, can't really expect much from the team that hasn't won 11 games in over 30 years, even with an extra game.

• Like 1

Every time there are expectations for this team to reach a new rung on the ladder...they do.   But it's a rung below them, not above.

I can see this team winning 10 games.  It's the absolute top floor for them.   I can see them getting a wildcard game and (depending on the opponent) maybe even winning that.  Maybe.   But that's the best I see them doing.

I can also see very easily, this team finding ways to fail.  I'm not talking injuries, which stats prove we're one of the worst in the league when it comes to those.  Can they finally find a way to stay healthy?  Depends on the quality of the strength coaches and lady luck.  Outside of injuries, I honestly can see them blowing games in typical fashion.  The excuse machine is gonna get revved up mid-season if this occurs.  I don't wanna hear any of this "young team still learning" BS.  We're a veteran team now with some young players, much like every other team.

It's put up or shut up time for Ron.  He has everything he's asked for now and he's been very vocal about that fact. 

I think 8-9 wins and a playoff spot not cemented until the end of the season.  And depending on where that game is played, we win or lose.  Away?  We win.   Home?  We lose.

Edited by Redwards

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

9-8, maybe 10-7. The 6th or 7th seed and a quick exit. 

The latter I really hope is wrong..

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Misery. Key injuries, the Fed Ex turf monster rising for more victims. 

Disappointing play from rookies and veterans. 

Another Snyder scandal and more embarrassing **** from the front office. Terrible public relations. 

What else would I expect?

Don't be timid speak your mind next time...

• Haha 1

I think we have a solid shot at the playoffs if injuries don't decimate us and the talent we do have plays to said talent. Yes that always seems to be the case with this team, but it has to change at some point. Right? Oh and if we do miss out again, I think some questions need to be asked about ole Ron but that's a discussion for another time.

Dream scenario: 12-5 regular season, win a wild card game and lose in the divisional round

Nightmare scenario: 5-12 injury riddled, under achieving disaster

Good news we either make a run or Danny boy goes bye bye

Bad news we stink and are still stuck with Danny ugh......

5 minutes ago, Carsonfanforlife said:

Dream scenario: 12-5 regular season, win a wild card game and lose in the divisional round

Nightmare scenario: 5-12 injury riddled, under achieving disaster

Good news we either make a run or Danny boy goes bye bye

Bad news we stink and are still stuck with Danny ugh......

If scenario one happens and Snyder says piss on it and sells also...

jerk off tv land GIF by #Impastor

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

After a lackluster 6-6 start, Snyder announces on Nov 24 he is selling the team (Happy Thanksgiving!!). They win their last five games, with sellout crowds at home, to go 11-6 and win the division.

Lol....I hear ya...But that's not happening 

52 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I expect ES to be full of drama, exaggerated despair and scathing player opinions. Anything less would be a disappointment...:ols:

Lol...You might be on to something here...

I predict we’ll finish 8-9, after we get off to a 5-2 start.  Wentz will hit a wall during the part of the season where we play teams like the Packers, Vikings and Eagles, then he’ll get hurt sometime during the final 5 games of the season, causing Heineke to start some games(and lose all of them).  What turns out as a promising start turns into a disastrous finish, where we will be questioning Ron’s job.  We’ll also be just outside the top 10 in the draft order, causing all of us despair, as we’re in a spot where we won’t be in position to draft a franchise QB in a loaded 2023 class.  In summation, expect a typical season for this cursed franchise.

• Like 1

Pretty much the same as every year at this time but more likely to come true than not this time. Look at last season's losses, take an HONEST look at why we lost and if the reasons for the loss looked like they are fixed, call that many extra wins. So, 11 to 13 wins this year wouldn't be surprised by a quick exit in the playoffs but would also only be surprised if we went very deep (ie, cog or better).