Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you won the lottery, what would you do?

Spaceman Spiff

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

might do it but I only buy like one 3 dollar ticket so my odds of winning are astronomically low

heck the way the game works now you could put a 10 leg parlay at +838 and get better odds on a 7 dollar payout lol

This is the way. Your odds are low even if you buy twenty tickets. I don't play all the time, just when it gets big and only 1 ticket. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What I didn’t win? 

That's what I say every time haha.

To be clear, I think we all know we aren't going to win. It is more about the dream. And who knows, maybe you get unfathomably lucky and hit it. Or even hit a few numbers and the Powerball and take home a few thousand.

3, 8, 21, 22, 40 Poweball 11 ✈️🗺

On 10/5/2023 at 8:27 AM, ixcuincle said:

I see everyone say they're gonna retire or quit their job, not me lol

I'm still going to work even if I win

Gotta keep that cash flow

Yeah they're called investments.   With even $10 million, a 5% ROI per year (current yield for one year US T-bills) is $500k/year.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

On 10/5/2023 at 8:27 AM, ixcuincle said:

I see everyone say they're gonna retire or quit their job, not me lol

I'm still going to work even if I win

Gotta keep that cash flow

you’d be wasting your time.  You may “work” in a different sense but 9 to 5?  Yeah, no.

your new job would be to protect and grow your assets **edit:  if you even cared about that 

and:  what he said ^

Edited by stoshuaj

15 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Yeah they're called investments.   With even $10 million, a 3% ROI per year (fairly modest) is $300k/year.

When investment returns significantly exceed the income from working, even for people who really like their job, there is a realization how much tedium and unwanted activity a job really requires of you. 

There is such a joy in the freedom of being able to say “nope, not going to do that anymore” to stuff you don’t want to do, and just focus on what interests you.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

When investment returns significantly exceed the income from working, even for people who really like their job, there is a realization how much tedium and unwanted activity a job really requires of you. 

There is such a joy in the freedom of being able to say “nope, not going to do that anymore” to stuff you don’t want to do, and just focus on what interests you.

I can understand people wanting to feel useful 

But I don't get why people would want to deal with the politics and bull**** of a 9 to 5 job if they can't help it