Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you won the lottery, what would you do?

Spaceman Spiff

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Mine is important and interesting...but completely unnecessary with a few hundred mil.  

I have some former coworkers who continue to work even though they have made more money than they will spend in this lifetime (not a few hundred million but at least 50 times their annual expenses). They don’t really like the work anymore and regularly comment when the weather is nice that they don’t know why they are still working. But then they say that they wouldn’t want to leave their customers/coworkers in the lurch. I’m not shy at reminding them that if they were fired that their coworkers and customers would have forgotten their name in less than a week and they accept that, but they continue on autopilot rather than make the leap.

As much as I'd like to think I would keep working, I wouldn't.  I hate work, it is one of my weaknesses.  Have ADD like crazy, combined with lack of motivation, no bueno.

Pretty sure I would start an animal shelter of some kind though.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Mega Millions drawing for estimated $1.1 billion jackpot Tuesday night https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mega-millions-drawing-winning-numbers-1-1-billion-jackpot-tuesday/

An estimated $1.1 billion is up for grabs during Tuesday night's Mega Millions drawing, as the game has gone more than three months without a jackpot winner.

To take home the jackpot, players must match all five white balls plus the yellow Mega Ball. Smaller prizes, as low as $2, are available for matching some, but not all, of the drawn numbers. The odds of winning a Mega Millions prize are 1 in 24, but the odds of hitting the jackpot are just 1 in 302,575,350.

On 10/8/2023 at 7:59 AM, Corcaigh said:

When investment returns significantly exceed the income from working, even for people who really like their job, there is a realization how much tedium and unwanted activity a job really requires of you. 

There is such a joy in the freedom of being able to say “nope, not going to do that anymore” to stuff you don’t want to do, and just focus on what interests you.

There’s obviously some truth to this. However, the stress level and one’s perception of the tedium changes after you know, and they know that you don’t need to be there anymore. I used to be a customer service rep for MoCo Teachers Credit Union when I was in school. It was a dumb evening job but I needed it to survive when I was in school. When I finished school, all the stress of having to take **** off the customers went away because I knew I could leave at any time, even cursing out a customer if I wanted. I stayed another two years because I also liked my coworkers…one of whom was kinda hot, but I digress. 

On 10/8/2023 at 11:19 PM, skinsmarydu said:

Still hiring?

Asking for a friend...

I never knew you were into fun trucks.😉

Edited by The Sisko