Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mickey Mouse vs Pudding Fingers Ron: Desantis’s War on Disney! Should Disney leave?

88Comrade2000

5 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah, Mr. Twiggy Boots has his grandma drawers in a bunch.

And now it's become a case of a Republican who has been trained from birth that no Real Republican ever admits he (or any other Republican) was wrong.  

• Like 1

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to Mickey Mouse vs Pudding Fingers Ron: Desantis’s War on Disney! Should Disney leave?

I guarantee I pay more attention than the usual republican voter in Florida of all places. So if I don't know why they/he are mad at them (still seems nebulous at best, even with the help) then I know those gator ****ers don't. Which is crazy to me. 

• Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I guarantee I pay more attention than the usual republican voter in Florida of all places. So if I don't know why they/he are mad at them (still seems nebulous at best, even with the help) then I know those gator ****ers don't. Which is crazy to me. 

I'd say the situation evolved from a political stunt by DeSantis to score points with his phobic base (when the old CEO defied him) into a personal pissing match, once Disney got over on him with the board manipulations.  They made him look stupid.  Still, Disney's figurative bladder is very large and they pissed back with their latest pride night plans.

Added: wouldn't be surprised if Desantis has his cracker state troopers harass attendees.

Edited by The 12th Commandment
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Disney also needs Florida tho. Where else can they operate year round on the east coast? Georgia? Carolinas? 

Parks and resorts are the 2nd largest revenue generator for Disney. So while it would cripple them if they decided (not likely) to leave Florida...they would still have their entertainment segment (ABC/Hulu/ESPN/Disney Channel, etc) keeping them afloat.

I wonder what the impact to Florida would be though? 🤔

75k employees. Gone.

$75+ billion in tourism annually. Gone.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Probably what happens when you don't collect state income tax and/or tax gas enough. 

Yup. That's why states like Delaware nickles n dimes everyone even tho it takes like 20 minutes to drive through the entire state. Majority of the time is spent sitting in toll lanes if ya no have a fast pass. 😒

On 4/18/2023 at 5:24 PM, Larry said:

Taxing people who don't vote here. 

Actually, it’s taxing both. Unless you want to sit in ridiculous traffic, you’d better pay up Jethro. It’s also another nice way for the wealthy to have a two-tiered society. I still have family there so I have to go, but the tolls, among other things, make me loathe going there. 

On 4/18/2023 at 11:17 AM, Captain Wiggles said:

Disney also needs Florida tho. Where else can they operate year round on the east coast? Georgia? Carolinas? 

They're working on it in NC! 

https://www.wbtw.com/news/state-regional-news/north-carolina-senators-bill-invites-walt-disney-world-to-move-to-the-tar-heel-state/#:~:text=Garrett%2C a Democrat from Guilford,parks%2C hotels and golf courses.

• Thanks 1

Fox Business host warns DeSantis 'close to making a fool of himself' with anti-Disney crusade

Fox Business host and former Trump economic adviser Larry Kudlow is warning Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to ease off his attacks on his state's most popular tourist attraction.

In the wake of DeSantis floating the idea of building a prison next to Disney World this week, Kudlow said that the Florida governor had taken things too far.

"Gov. DeSantis is close to making a fool of himself with his Walt Disney obsession," he said. "This has now been going on for months and months and months. And I would argue that it is unseemly... a governor should not come crashing down on, if not the biggest, then one of the biggest businesses."

Kudlow allowed that he was not a fan of Disney's "woke politics" but went on to say that sparring nonstop with Disney was simply not worth all the time and effort that DeSantis has been putting into it.

Click on the link for more

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

But...

But...

But... The entire Republican "brand", has consisted of ****ing things up, intentionally. And then yelling real loud that if you're mad things are ****ed up, vote for us. 

For decades. 

Is the guy simply not even capable of ****ing up Florida?  

-----

Yes, that's sarcasm. At least partially. The dude is impressively competent at ****ing up Florida. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

DeSantis's Florida board just discovered another “11th-hour agreement” shielding Disney from its oversight

Disney has left a world of unwelcome surprises for the new Florida board overseeing its district.

Republican governor Ron DeSantis’s new appointees, already irked by a multi-year development agreement that left them with little oversight beyond basic roads and infrastructure, have discovered another damning piece of paperwork: A Disney subsidiary that provides utility services to the central Florida district—including the Walt Disney World Resort—signed a last-minute contract that allows the Mouse House to set its own utility rates at its Orlando theme parks through 2032, board Martin Garcia said at a public meeting yesterday (Apr. 19).

Garcia “learnt for the first time about one of these new 11th-hour agreements entered into between Disney and the district” last Friday (Apr. 14), Reuters quoted him as saying. Like with the other agreements, the board will “have to evaluate the legality of that agreement,” he said, adding that, “I’ve never heard of such a thing.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/desantiss-florida-board-just-discovered-085000149.html

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

DeSantis's Florida board just discovered another “11th-hour agreement” shielding Disney from its oversight

Disney has left a world of unwelcome surprises for the new Florida board overseeing its district.

Republican governor Ron DeSantis’s new appointees, already irked by a multi-year development agreement that left them with little oversight beyond basic roads and infrastructure, have discovered another damning piece of paperwork: A Disney subsidiary that provides utility services to the central Florida district—including the Walt Disney World Resort—signed a last-minute contract that allows the Mouse House to set its own utility rates at its Orlando theme parks through 2032, board Martin Garcia said at a public meeting yesterday (Apr. 19).

Garcia “learnt for the first time about one of these new 11th-hour agreements entered into between Disney and the district” last Friday (Apr. 14), Reuters quoted him as saying. Like with the other agreements, the board will “have to evaluate the legality of that agreement,” he said, adding that, “I’ve never heard of such a thing.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/desantiss-florida-board-just-discovered-085000149.html

This is getting so good lol...

Birthday Girl Eating GIF by TLC

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1