Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

Apple, Lionsgate and Disney pulling out of X advertisement after Musk antisemitic tweet, EEOC lawsuit concerning discrimanation against black employees, auto-pilot lawsuit, cheating autonomy software, class action lawsuit concerning spying customers to observe and share naked images of them and the inside of CEO Elon Musk’s house, and today explosion of the Space X rocket !

Edited by FrFan
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

yeah we have very different opinions on him and rich people in general

i dont subscribe to the idea $ = intelligence, but have fun with that one 

there is a strong correlation, but there are outliers. Musk has had too many successes to chalk it up go luck. He has let his ego get the best of him.

On Friday someone was talking about musk and the point they made rings true. How do you manage someone like musk who has been told he is wrong, his goals are unachievable,  he is risking his reputation, ect after he has already been told all this multiple times before and pulled out major successes in the end. I’m sure he feels justified in ignoring his naysayers. 

on the other hand, tough to say he is a marketing genius while he is chasing away advertisers.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

On a different note another one of musks rockets blew up when it wasn’t supposed to

It was actually a success. It was the first time they fired all the engines simultaneously and made it to booster separation which was the main objective.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

SpaceX success should be attributed to the hiring of Gwynne Shotwell... good hire by Musk right out of the gate though. 

So he continues to burn down Twitter?  I just saw he's filing a lawsuit, but did they basically go through Media Matters' data logs to do so?  He is basically banking on the world considering Twitter to be TBTF.... for the most part it seems right.  

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It was actually a success. It was the first time they fired all the engines simultaneously and made it to booster separation which was the main objective.

Yeah they called last time a success too. It resulted in a suspension of launches pending the outcome of a nasa investigation, the outcome of which listed many problems that needed to be fixed. 

The cult of musk has some interesting definitions for words. 

2 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Not necessarily extraordinary intelligence, but some.  And more importantly the ability to make money.  The proofs kinda in the pudding.

The 20 billion dollars in valuation lost pudding? That pudding?

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

Apple, Lionsgate and Disney pulling out of X advertisement after Musk antisemitic tweet, EEOC lawsuit concerning discrimanation against black employees, auto-pilot lawsuit, cheating autonomy software, class action lawsuit concerning spying customers to observe and share naked images of them and the inside of CEO Elon Musk’s house, and today explosion of the Space X rocket !

#success

#intelligence

#playingthelonggame

• Haha 2

It was an faa investigation not a nasa investigation. And they are investigating this crash as well. It’s kinda like their job. It’s more collaborative than confrontational.

The report was finalized in September and it’s the middle of November now and spaceX was already able to fix all the issues and get the FAAs approval to relaunch. Obviously spaceX had also recognized and fixed many of the issues listed in the FAAs report.

3 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

You miss the forest for the trees.  

He doesn't bumble about in his other ventures.  He also doesn't micromanage the way he allows himself to do on xitter.  Clearly he's trying to make what his egotistical twisted mind thinks is the best of it.  

Which is worlds richest man most likely to be:  a bumbling idiot or a self indulgent egotistical jerk?

Elon has these things going for him: tons of money, the ability to sniff out and utilize government cheese, and the ability to get actual super smart people on board his companies.

He's not some business genius. He's not some management genius (he actually seems to be one of the single worst leaders/managers I've ever seen). He's not some engineering genius, despite his clear desperation to have the world believe he is.

He's had a combination of luck (Paypal, etc.), billions of dollars in government money, and marketing savvy (though some of his marketing savvy has actually just been the ability to bull**** and make promises he can't keep).

I think he pretends or desires to micromanage at his other ventures, but in reality he's basically the kid in back of the car in that child seat with the fake steering wheel on it. He has people who are way smarter than him and who are good at making him feel like he's actually doing engineering work when in reality they're simply placating his ego and then waiting until he leaves the room to start doing the real engineering work.

At Twitter we now see what his outsized ego and correspondingly undersized intellect/leadership ability leads to when completely unchecked.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah they called last time a success too. It resulted in a suspension of launches pending the outcome of a nasa investigation, the outcome of which listed many problems that needed to be fixed. 

The cult of musk has some interesting definitions for words. 

The 20 billion dollars in valuation lost pudding? That pudding?

#success

#intelligence

#playingthelonggame

You read so much into things.  Never said he's a genius, or that his evil plot will work.  Just that that's what he's doing with xitter.  Using it to further his horrible ideas about how society should be and what ails it in his opinion.   

I detest the rat **** and will do everything I can to see him fail.  But to discount him as a moronic boob who doesn't even warrant concern, because he's had some failures along with the success that made him THE RICHEST MAN IN WORLD, is naive at best.  He's classic bond villain material. 

15 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

You read so much into things.  Never said he's a genius, or that his evil plot will work.  Just that that's what he's doing with xitter.  Using it to further his horrible ideas about how society should be and what ails it in his opinion.   

I detest the rat **** and will do everything I can to see him fail.  But to discount him as a moronic boob who doesn't even warrant concern, because he's had some failures along with the success that made him THE RICHEST MAN IN WORLD, is naive at best.  He's classic bond villain material. 

I think he's absolutely a boob. And I think he absolutely warrants a lot of concern. The two aren't mutually exclusive. See: Trump, Donald J.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think he's absolutely a boob. And I think he absolutely warrants a lot of concern. The two aren't mutually exclusive. See: Trump, Donald J.

One similarity is that they both have a feral insight into other seriously moronic boobs and play to that.  It's worked out well financially for them despite terrible failures that are also part and parcel of their efforts and who they are. 

Hitler failed a lot too.  The articles in German media following the beer hall putsch were very dismissive.

I guess if ones goals are extremely difficult yet wrong, people have a hard time seeing their culmination as a success.  Let's say it's a success of effort. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Which is worlds richest man most likely to be:  a bumbling idiot or a self indulgent egotistical jerk?

You don't have to be a bumbling idiot, you just have to think you know more than you really do. It also helps to think far more highly of your opinions than you should.

When I first started doing UI/UX design decades ago, the #1 rule you're taught is "Never fall in love with your own ideas." That's because when you do user testing, it will be shocking and humbling how often your target users hate your ideas you were convinced were perfect and on-target. So you're told to pay far more attention to how your users feel about your design. The worst clients were those who didn't think they needed to do user research or user testing, and just convinced themselves that they knew what their users wanted, no need to spend money and time doing research or testing, we'll tell you what's needed. It's one reason the saying "If you think good design is expensive, wait until you see how much bad design costs" exists lol...Musk is exactly one of those clients. They don't have to be self-indulgent or jerks...they just have to be the type who severely underestimates the importance of never falling in love with your own ideas, and putting more value in what your users think than in what you yourself think.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I hope he succeeds, personally 

I guess it depends on what you hope he succeeds doing. A lot of his followers are looking forward to not having to stifle the impulse in public anymore. Now that they can freely express their hate on 💩tter, they're one step closer to 'Muricun kristallnacht.

vn5zQ5.gif

12 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

You don't have to be a bumbling idiot, you just have to think you know more than you really do. It also helps to think far more highly of your opinions than you should.

When I first started doing UI/UX design decades ago, the #1 rule you're taught is "Never fall in love with your own ideas." That's because when you do user testing, it will be shocking and humbling how often your target users hate your ideas you were convinced were perfect and on-target. So you're told to pay far more attention to how your users feel about your design. The worst clients were those who didn't think they needed to do user research or user testing, and just convinced themselves that they knew what their users wanted, no need to spend money and time doing research or testing, we'll tell you what's needed. It's one reason the saying "If you think good design is expensive, wait until you see how much bad design costs" exists lol...Musk is exactly one of those clients. They don't have to be self-indulgent or jerks...they just have to be the type who severely underestimates the importance of never falling in love with your own ideas, and putting more value in what your users think than in what you yourself think.

I don't mean to be contrary but wouldn't that fall under self-indulgent and egotistical?

The rest is spot on.  I had to design GIS, and associated UIs, systems in my previous life. Small scale stuff compared to what you're probably talking about, but testing with the end user was always enlightening.  

9 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

I guess it depends on what you hope he succeeds doing. A lot of his followers are looking forward to not having to stifle the impulse in public anymore. Now that they can freely express their hate on 💩tter, they're one step closer to 'Muricun kristallnacht.

vn5zQ5.gif

I am referring to spaceX and Tesla.

20 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

I don't mean to be contrary but wouldn't that fall under self-indulgent and egotistical?

The rest is spot on.  I had to design GIS, and associated UIs, systems in my previous life. Small scale stuff compared to what you're probably talking about, but testing with the end user was always enlightening.  

- Self-indulgent flows more towards doing things for your own personal pleasure and reasons instead of doing things because they make the most sense towards achieving success.

- There's a reason I didn't include "egotistical" in this sentence lol: "They don't have to be self-indulgent or jerks"

- Testing with the end user is definitely enlightening, you're right...I spent about 20 years devising and conducting usability testing and analyzing the data from them. Just a wealth of valuable feedback can be gained from doing them in one form or fashion.

Musk blew a golden opportunity by completely eliminating that step from the proceedings. He could have spent his entire first year constantly getting feedback from Twitter users under the guise of "We want to make Twitter better for everyone, so we're conducting numerous user research studies..etc, etc". Gathered a ton of data, analyzed it properly, then rolled out the new and improved product. Would have placated advertisers and built up a ton of good will across the demographics. "Finally someone at Twitter is listening to us!!"...

belushi-but-no-snl.gif

But Musk couldn't wait to implement his own ideas that had fermented inside his head and his head alone...he thought he knew and understood far more than he did. Which--speaking to that egotistical thing you mentioned lol--tends to happen I guess when you have hundreds of thousands of "fans" ooh-ing and aww-ing at damn near everything you do and say, regardless of how successful it is/isn't or how smart/dumb it sounds, and defending your every move. And paying $8 bucks to do so lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

When it comes to the kind of stuff Apartheid Clyde is encouraging, I can't do the compartmentalization thing.

That is why there is such polarization in the United States. We’ve got nothing but glass houses and rocks here. Compartmentalization isn’t necessary.

For me, I hope Tesla and SpaceX are successful and Twitter humbles Musk fully. If that means Musk doesn’t run SpaceX or Tesla, so be it.

as to whether or not Musk is smart, a good businessman, ect, I’ll let the world debate that. What is clear is that he has Vision. Some of his vision is good, some of it is bad, some of it is evil.

And that is most people are. Most people have less powerful vision than Musk.

9 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Anyone want a Bluesky invite?

Me! I do!!...What's Bluesky?

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

bafkreicugxb5wzau63y5kdw5y2dodidcrjuauay65yq6nsairwnyokhn6q@jpeg

Updating my quote from a few posts ago lol:

"he thought he knew and understood far more than he did. Which tends to happen I guess when you have hundreds of thousands of "fans" ooh-ing and aww-ing at damn near everything you do and say, regardless of how successful it is/isn't or how smart/dumb it sounds, and defending your every move. And paying $250,000 bucks to do so lol... "

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated