Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

Hopefully Wells is on the shelf for just a bit. Crazy that the O’s had 7 starters on the roster but can’t get 5 on the field. 

7-1 O’s at the moment. Minnesota wouldn’t be on the board but Holliday booted what would have been an inning ending double play and they only got 1. 

27 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't believe I'm saying it, but Kansas City will be tough this weekend.  

Funny how the “soft” early season schedule is almost all over-performing teams compared to expectations.  And the O’s are still handling them for the most part.  The Yankees had their hot start and it’s just vaporized now. 

Pinch hitting for Holiday in the 7th. Not that I blame them. How long can you keep running him out there before you send him back down for a bit?

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

Pinch hitting for Holiday in the 7th. Not that I blame them. How long can you keep running him out there before you send him back down for a bit?

1/27 is not great. I think if he’s still floundering at 40-45 then it’s time to give him a breather at AAA. 

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

1/27 is not great. I think if he’s still floundering at 40-45 then it’s time to give him a breather at AAA. 

This road trip ends on Wednesday. If he's still floundering take a plane to Norfolk instead of Baltimore.

8 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Holliday struggles continuing.

Bases loaded, full count, takes a fastball dead center.

They might have to bring out a Tee for him in the next game.

.033 BA is pretty crazy.

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

So what do you do with Holliday? Keep riding him out there, or do you send him back down? It’s unlikely that he can put up numbers to win ROY at this point. You can gain an extra year of control by sending down.

Keep him here and insert him in lower leverage spots.

People need to go take another look at Adley and Gunnar's stats from thier first month or two in the bigs. 

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
Jfc my grammar sucked
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is a crazy idea, trade Holliday now for a legit starting MLB pitcher and other assets.  If we want to win this year, we are going to need it.  I don't think Holliday is going to contribute much this year.

I know that is a wacky idea, so I don't really think it will happen.  Watching the kid hit though, I honestly have concerns regarding his long-term prospects.