Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

Dominant performance.  I like seeing Westburg get a hit and RBI, he is my wild card player who can really help this team score some runs.  If Santander has another huge year that would be awesome, he has improved so much the last 2-3 years at the plate.

• Like 1

This was by far Rutshman’s worst opening day performance. Because he only went 2/4 instead of 5/5. :rofl89:

I was smiling ear to ear as our birds were pummeling the halos and Rubenstein was going down memory lane with Palmer, rattling off names like Jim Gentile, Lou Aparecio and Gus Triendos. It wasn’t just that he has a foundational love of baseball and Baltimore. It’s that he feels like he owes Baltimore a World Series. I’m sure he also bought the club to expand his wealth. But for a guy who writes 8 and 9 figure checks to hospitals, colleges  and American institutions, I believe he’s willing to hold up his end of the bargain to bring a title to Baltimore. 

I couldn’t imagine a more positive first day of the season. 

I’ve never been more optimistic about our club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Gray Rod dealing today, only one mistake really to Ward. Gunnar led off the game with a HR. 3-1 O's through five innings.

Westburg great situational hitting! Bounces one up the middle to drive in two. O's blow it up in the sixth, 7-1 now.

Neto booted a taylor made double play grounder. Gunnar makes em pay and laces a triple all the way to the center field wall! 9-1!

My impression is that the Angels are a bad team. They have to trade Mike Trout at the deadline if they want to win a pennant at any point in the next two decades.

Edited by abdcskins

50 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

angels are putrid 

Unless Trout really just wants to be there for his entire career, they should trade him. They might be the worst team in baseball, aside from the A's. 

43 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Unless Trout really just wants to be there for his entire career, they should trade him. They might be the worst team in baseball, aside from the A's. 

They already screwed up not trading Ohtani last year, which was damn near unforgivable. Their owner is a dolt.

I am glad we didn't trade for Dylan Cease, people on OH were clamoring for him. I am currently watching him throw lots of balls and give up runs to the Giants. His command was an issue last year.

7 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So far today, I've said hello to Mike Elias, Cal Ripken Jr, and Jesus.

With awesome seats like that, I'm surprised you didn't run into Biden, Taylor Swift, and Jeff Bezos!

• Haha 1