Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

• DCSaints_fan changed the title to 2023 Baltimore Orioles: Paloffs chances
1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Welcome to the show, Grayson. 

Not best first inning. Hard contact on 2/3 outs, a walk and two runs allowed. 

Final line 5 IP, 4 H, 1 2B, 2 R (2 ER) 1 BB, 5 K, 85 pitches thrown

I think thats not terrible for a first start.

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 2:37 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Anyone else at the game today?

Tough call as it's Easter. Looks like you had great weather. But I didn't even see a pitch yesterday! 

Battle of the Vowels this week with the A's in town for 4. Remember that many O's home weekday (M-TH) games are 6:35 instead of 7:05 in April and May. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Tough call as it's Easter. Looks like you had great weather. But I didn't even see a pitch yesterday! 

We have tickets to the Sunday home games.  There was a good crowd for being Easter.  

Also, if any of you all need parking for a Sunday game, let me know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We have tickets to the Sunday home games.  There was a good crowd for being Easter.  

My mom bought me a Sunday plan one year when I was a kid for my birthday. Only problem was my favorite Oriole at the time was Chris Hoiles and sat most Sundays as it was a day game after a night game. Got to see lots of Jeff Tackett starts! 

• Haha 1

Mullins gets rung up in a curveball that was over the letters and as he walking away does like a little “whatever” hand motion and Umpy McRabbitears tosses him. Hyde tossed as well.

This is after they blew a replay on a Mateo grounder and then the crew chief denied reviewing a play the next half inning because the O’s “lost” their challenge.  

woof. 

Yeah that beer bong celebration is pretty rad.

Impulsively bought the single team MLB.tv package yesterday for $130. So guess I'll be watching a lot of Orioles games. I tend to do a lot of impulsive things...

On Adley's first at-bat he smashed one to left and I was like that's gone. Then I remembered hey it is actually somewhat deep to left, and it ended up being a fly out. Second at bat he really got ahold of one.

I see no reason they shouldn't sweep the A's. That is a really weak team.

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

On Adley's first at-bat he smashed one to left and I was like that's gone. Then I remembered hey it is actually somewhat deep to left, and it ended up being a fly out. Second at bat he really got ahold of one.

According to the excellent Twitter follow “Would it Dong?” Adley’s fly out would have been a homerun at Wrigley and nowhere else. 

However Hays had a fly out that is only held in by OP@CY. A Reverse Unicorn. The definition of getting walled! 

12 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

According to the excellent Twitter follow “Would it Dong?” Adley’s fly out would have been a homerun at Wrigley and nowhere else. 

However Hays had a fly out that is only held in by OP@CY. A Reverse Unicorn. The definition of getting walled! 

His homer would have been out in all 30 parks (not surprisingly). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

They are still doing that? Cool. They thought it would have to end when Musk made/threaten to make changes at Twitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah that beer bong celebration is pretty rad.

Impulsively bought the single team MLB.tv package yesterday for $130. So guess I'll be watching a lot of Orioles games. I tend to do a lot of impulsive things...

I see no reason they shouldn't sweep the A's. That is a really weak team.

The A's might be historically bad this year. The appear to be full on tanking again and they are already -49 in run differential after just 10 games. 

41 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The A's might be historically bad this year. The appear to be full on tanking again and they are already -49 in run differential after just 10 games. 

And our birds are more games out of first then they are! 

Friggin 10-0 Rays with a bananas +58 run differential.