Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

What a crappy group of pitchers for the second game.

Lyles was apparently hurt, so they had to go with the bullpen. 

Bradish then Kremer up next, who have been pitching fairly well.  Bradish ERA 2.64 over his last 5 starts, in his last two starts he has pitched 15 IP combined (8/7) and allowed zero runs , Kremer has a 2.08 ERA in his last 4 starts.  

So a strong showing by those guys and a and we have a decent chance to take the next two and at least hold ground since Sunday.

Both Tampa Bay nor Seattle are rolling so if we're going to catch anyone its probably going to be Toronto.  These two losses put us 4.5 back.

I'm really not expecting anything.  Being over .500 and playing meaningful baseball this late in the season is/was a massive coup.  But when you look out roster, compared to all the other contenders, it is underwhelming.  All of them either have established big-name stars. Our stars are still young and emerging so there's that.

It really sucked when Means went down.  He very well could have been the last piece we needed to make the postseason, in spite of this.

11 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I'm really not expecting anything.  Being over .500 and playing meaningful baseball this late in the season is/was a massive coup. 

Well said, and I feel the same way.  Still, when they're playing as well as they have over the past couple months, it's easy to get carried away and dream big. For me, that's the whole appeal of rooting for a team. So today just felt like a huge gut punch, even though I know there's still a lot of baseball left.

Another power bat would be great.  Santander is having a fantastic year, but given his injury history and track record, I wonder if he can duplicate that again.  If Rutschman, Mountcastle, Stowers, and Henderson keep developing into the stars we hope they are, then this team has potential to do some things.  Hopefully the arms can do the same, I'd like to see Hall improve, he got kinda roughed up yesterday.

• Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, method man said:

I feel this team has three needs this offseason:

1) TOR arm

2) MOO bat - Jose Abreu?

3) Upgrade at backup catcher - need someone who can OPS at least mid 600s

Essentially Lyles or better type. We don’t know if Rodriguez is just going to seamlessly fit into the rotation as a rookie and Means’ injury is a hope he’s available at “some point” next season. Lyles was definitely a stake in the ground guy for the birds and he may be our free agent signing… 

Kremer 

FA

Rodriguez 

Voth/Watkins/Bradish/Hall/Wells

Eventually: Means 

4 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Essentially Lyles or better type. We don’t know if Rodriguez is just going to seamlessly fit into the rotation as a rookie and Means’ injury is a hope he’s available at “some point” next season. Lyles was definitely a stake in the ground guy for the birds and he may be our free agent signing… 

Kremer 

FA

Rodriguez 

Voth/Watkins/Bradish/Hall/Wells

Eventually: Means 

Agreed that they are loaded with options at SP and you also have Povich, Baumann and others but most of these guys feel like #4 / #5 guys given stuff and track records. They have to plan for some of the group of Voth, Bradish, Kremer and Wells to regress. If you have one proven TOR type who can go later into games, that is an investment that will potentially pay dividends when it comes to planning and protecting the bullpen in 2023. Hopefully Gray Rod can be that other TOR type, Bradish can be a #3 given his stuff and you have two of Voth, Kremer and Wells rounding out the rotation.

Both starters get rocked and pulled early, O's storm back from a 3-0 deficit with a 5-run 3rd inning, Toronto has narrowed it to 6-5.

Bautista in an inning early at the top of the 8th, looking for a two inning save.

Let's close this out out boys ! This is why I watch baseball I guess.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Jays players chirp at Baker. Baker makes a little “keep talking” gesture and Jays players rush the field. 

Odor and Mateo out there keeping the peace. 

Wild. 

Os win. Let’s tie the series back up tomorrow. 

Unfortunately missed that little scrum as I was in a late work meeting ... was hilarous that Odor was the one keeping the peace given what transpired with Bautista a few years back ... though wow that was 6 years ago ... maybe not a whole lot of Jays left from that team, or maybe they never liked him anyway 🙂

Checking the rosters it seems like there's zero players from the 2016 Jays on the 2022 Jays, crazy how fast MLB teams turn over their roster, although those Jays were pretty old and didn't really have any emerging players.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

Last night was one of the most fun games of the year.  Maybe the most fun.

I like their chances against Manoah if they are able to stay patient at the plate.  I know Adley can, it's the rest that make me nervous.  If they go up there with a patient approach and try to get to their bullpen early, I think we can beat him.  But if they go up there hacking at everything, that's not good.  

Austin Hays is the new Rougned Odor.  He's #1 on my ****list, his at bats are ****ing terrible.  

• Like 1