Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

2 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Welcome to the show, Gunnar Henderson. 

Hopefully he gives that Machado-like spark we had in August of 2012. The offense needs to get it going, especially with 7 games against Toronto over the course of 14 days.

Even if he hits like .240 with a .700 OPS, that's better than Nevin and Odor.  

• DCSaints_fan changed the title to 2022 Baltimore Orioles: Morale Has Definitely Improved, Now In the Playoff Hunt!!!!
2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Gunnar Henderson is up.  I think this is the first time ever that two #1 ranked prospects have been from the same draft and have been called up in the same season.  I don't think any franchise has ever had two #1 ranked prospects from one draft in the first place.

@DCSaints_fan, get your **** together, time to change the thread title.  Playoff hunt, mother****ers! 

Done

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I hope they have another surge in them...it feels like they've been fading of late. Even when they have won over the past couple weeks, they really haven't gained any ground. At least they did the right thing at the deadline and they are still treading water. That's what I wanted, big picture! 

They have 10 games against Toronto left including the last 3 of the year. So not only do they need to win, but also win the right games. Hopefully against those Blue assholes. Cito sucks.  

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

They have 10 games against Toronto left including the last 3 of the year. So not only do they need to win, but also win the right games. Hopefully against those Blue assholes. Cito sucks.  

I still cannot believe that prick let Mussina warm up in front of the home crowd like that, just to keep him on ice. 

19 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I still cannot believe that prick let Mussina warm up in front of the home crowd like that, just to keep him on ice. 

I know Mussina kind of acted on his own to get up and stretch out, but IIRC, Mussina told him he wanted to pitch and the Orioles made sure he'd be in line to pitch that day. But Cito made sure he put in his closer. And he made sure he got Devon White and Jimmy Key in the game on top of the multiple Jays starters voted in.

1993 was a tremendous All Star game. Griffey hitting the warehouse in the derby, Kruk bailing on Randy Johnson after Johnson threw one to the backstop and just a great game overall. Baltimore is overdue for the ASG.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

They've surprisingly matched up well with Toronto this year, too.  

Henderson's shot was amazing, he also smoked a single.  But I agree with @TheDoyler23 Lyles was a great story tonite, too.  From getting shutout to throwing a shutout, that's how to bounce back from a loss.  

Bieber is tomorrow for Cleveland, that will be tough.  But they've knocked around some aces in recent weeks.  

• Like 1

Don't quite get the signing of Aguilar.   Do we really need another 1B/DH type?  Decent year last year with .781 OPS but only .675 this year.  Was there something in his game we though coaching can fix easily to bring the numbers back up?  Are we looking for more vet presence aside from Odor ?

Edited by DCSaints_fan

11 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Don't quite get the signing of Aguilar.   Do we really need another 1B/DH type?  Decent year last year with .781 OPS but only .675 this year.  Was there something in his game we though coaching can fix easily to bring the numbers back up?  Are we looking for more vet presence aside from Odor ?

I think they wanted an experienced bat to replace Nevin. Maybe getting a guy and putting him in a playoff race would jumpstart a bad season for the guy? 

Hyde pinch hitting Adley for Hays in the 8th and basically daring the A’s pitcher to throw strikes with the bases loaded was a ****ing brilliant move. Hays would have been up there hacking away and swinging at **** out of the zone and ****ing up a bases loaded situation. 

He sent Adley up to take a walk. And he did. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, method man said:

Is the implication that the tix to the first game gets you access to the second game too?

Yea it’s probably a single ticket DH where people with tickets to the first game get the second. It’s easier to stop selling tickets to game 2 and just roll with the unsold ones for game 1. 

• Like 1