Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not trying to make Wentz out to be some long term starter or savior hero. He's a very good QB when he's playing well. He has a ton of upside. A lot more than any other QB and you can definitely win with him. If it doesn't work, we can easily walk away. We aren't forced to draft a mediocre QB now and can wait until next year, which should be remarkably better and we still have our 1rst rounders.

This is all upside.

We're a middle of the league team with Heinicke. Trubiski said he doesn't want to come here. So what? Roll with Heinicke again, draft between 10-15, lose all your players and fans, because you just gave up? Sign Winston and win 2 more games, have a worse draft pick and still kinda suck? 

"why would you cut him if he's sooooo good" that reads like a little girl posted it. Your posts are so over the top dramatic and your entire ****ing is centered around wanting to draft a QB, like everyone of us from fan to coach wants to do and will. If not this year, then next. 

Wentz makes us competitive and one of the better teams in the NFC and we can still draft a QB. We can go hog wild and drop 3 1rsts again like we did 10 years ago to find our solution. We actually have a bartering piece to trade now also. If Wentz sucks, we have a higher pick and we walk next year with no cost to cut him. If he plays great, sky is the limit. This is a win for a **** franchise that doesn't win. 

Whatever you say, Eagle fan.  The fact you call Carson Wentz a very good Qb makes it clear you have no idea what you’re talking about.

The only people calling this a win are residents of this board.  Wonder why that is?

Anyway, I don’t really care.  It’s just interesting seeing folks talk themselves into this one…just like the previous eleventy billion times.  Stupid team gonna stupid team.

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Whatever you say, Eagle fan.  The fact you call Carson Wentz a very good Qb makes it clear you have no idea what you’re talking about.

The only people calling this a win are residents of this board.  Wonder why that is?

Anyway, I don’t really care.  It’s just interesting seeing folks talk themselves into this one…just like the previous eleventy billion times.  Stupid team gonna stupid team.

Did I miss your response where you broke down all the things Heinicke does better than Wentz?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

It’s just interesting seeing folks talk themselves into this one…just like the previous eleventy billion times.  Stupid team gonna stupid team.

I rarely like anything this team does nor am I successful talking myself into their bad moves after the fact.  I feel pretty good about this deal, and the fact that a lot of our fanbase doesn’t like it, only strengthens that feeling.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

We just had a mediocre season with a lesser QB.  We aren't bad enough as is before Wentz to get a top pick, and the only way we would be is if we traded Young and some of our other young studs.  Are you saying we should have punted on qb this offseason and traded off some of our younger talent to stockpile picks and tank the next couple of seasons to find our elite QB?  If not, what is your plan to get the elite QB?  

This isn't directed just at you, but to anyone who feels this has now taken us out of the running for an elite QB, what would be your plan before this trade to get the elite QB? And how does trading for wentz eliminate that possibility?

PS - If jimmy g is part of your solution, I'm gonna throw up.

Wentz gets you 1, maybe 2, more wins. He will not take this team, as built, to the playoffs. They have exactly one legit weapon on offense. The line is questionable, especially considering Schreff probably walks. The RB and other offensive targets are marginal, at best.

And not that Wentz will effect it but the defense is not top caliber at all.

This trade doesn’t move the needle. If you want to be a serious contender than you need a top 10 QB or better. Indianapolis, who runs a much better and more highly respected organization than ours, decided that it was time to cut their losses with Wentz. You think you know the game better than Indy does?

The only way we get an elite QB is dumb luck through the draft. No elite veterans would want to come here. Trading for Wentz is just doing something for the sake of doing something. The organization wanted to be able to show the fans that they weren’t going into next season with Heineke under center.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Did I miss your response where you broke down all the things Heinicke does better than Wentz?

He’s more cerebral, better leader, tougher, manages the pocket better, goes through reads better, more clutch…problem is he isn’t big enough and doesn’t have an NFL arm.  I’m not trying to prop him up as more than he is, which is a good clipboard holder who can steal a game or two.

ETA-  sorry didnt see your earlier post

Edited by 86 Snyder

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

He’s more cerebral, better leader, tougher, manages the pocket better, goes through reads better, more clutch…problem is he isn’t big enough and doesn’t have an NFL arm.  I’m not trying to prop him up as more than he is, which is a good clipboard holder who can steal a game or two.

Thank you. I'll reserve my judgement until I watch Wentz for a year in this offense. I'd like to see if this holds up. Truth be told I've watched far more Taylor Heinicke than I have Carson Wentz. Heinicke is a good folk hero but I doubt I'll be noticing a big drop off in those intangibles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Seems like the team is trying real hard to go 7-10 9-8, miss the playoffs and get another mid level first round pick yet again.

Thats what this franchise does. They chase the last wildcard spot. They dont strive to be greater. Its always a one year window. No long term plans ever

• Like 1

I'm gonna make a prediction. If Wentz sweeps the Eagles and gets us a winning record in the NFC east, people here will come around. I'm not even really sold on the guy but I have to believe this is a better situation than Heinicke, who by most metrics was the worst starting QB in the league last year. 

6 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

ETA-  sorry didnt see your earlier post

More cerebral? Manages the pocket better?

The same Taylor Heineke that damn near led the league in being responsible for his own sacks?  The same Taylor Heineke that kneels on the goal line and does a Lambeau Leap?  The same Taylor Heineke that regularly tries to make bazooka throws with his six shooter?

I’ll give you better leader but even at that, sure - guys like and respect Taylor, but it’s rather clear they don’t actually believe he’s a viable option to win with so it’s a rather moot point.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Thank you. I'll reserve my judgement until I watch Wentz for a year in this offense. I'd like to see if this holds up. Truth be told I've watched far more Taylor Heinicke than I have Carson Wentz. Heinicke is a good folk hero but I doubt I'll be noticing a big drop off in those intangibles. 

I mean, Indy practically had a billboard up saying come get this guy, the locker room hates him.  He wore out his welcome in Philly too.  Big drop off?  Nah, not really, but Wentz does some really, really stupid things.  He’s goofy af.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Wentz gets you 1, maybe 2, more wins. He will not take this team, as built, to the playoffs. They have exactly one legit weapon on offense. The line is questionable, especially considering Schreff probably walks. The RB and other offensive targets are marginal, at best.

And not that Wentz will effect it but the defense is not too caliber at all.

This trade doesn’t move the needle. If you want to be a serious contender than you need a top 10 QB or better. Indianapolis, who runs a much better and more highly respected organization than ours, decided that it was time to cut their losses with Wentz. You think you know the game better than Indy does?

The only way we get an elite QB is dumb luck through the draft. No elite veterans would want to come here. Trading for Wentz is just doing something for the sake of doing something. The organization wanted to be able to show the fans that they weren’t going into next season with Heineke under center.

So when I asked what was a plan to get our elite QB of the future, and how does the wentz trade inhibit that, you say that we need "dumb luck through the draft".   You also think Wentz adds 1-2 wins for us, so our draft position moving forward would be very similar, meaning this trade won't really alter our options when it's our turn to draft right?

My point all along is that the downside of this trade is being exaggerated, and it doesn't hamper whatever chance we have to obtain our franchise QB of the future, and your post does nothing to refute that.  And we disagree on the upside that Wentz offers.  It is worth a shot in my opinion.  He was the best option out of a bunch of unattractive options.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I mean, Indy practically had a billboard up saying come get this guy, the locker room hates him.  He wore out his welcome in Philly too.  Big drop off?  Nah, not really, but Wentz does some really, really stupid things.  He’s goofy af.

Did they hate Wentz? Or was that just media narrative?

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2022/02/23/colts-frustration-carson-wentz/

In fairness to Wentz, these reports contrast everything his teammates have said about him throughout, and after, the season.

Running back, Jonathan Taylor, said that he loves Wentz in the locker room and on the field. Linebacker, Darius Leonard, referred to Wentz as a “true warrior” and said he always puts the team first.

Both of these statements were made during the week leading up to the Super Bowl. Wentz received even more positive words from his teammates throughout the season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

DNE. (DOES NOT EXIST)

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Taylor made Terry the 1000 yards WR. Wentz better make Terry more than 1000 yards WR then. 

Mclaurin caught more yards with Haskins Allen and smith throwing him the ball what does his 1000 yards have anything to do with Taylor Heinicke?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Taylor made Terry the 1000 yards WR. Wentz better make Terry more than 1000 yards WR then. 

HAHAHHAHAHA

You gotta be kidding me. Terry made more contested catches than any other receiver in the league because Taylor is so inaccurate. Terry Made Taylor a 3400 yard QB. Don't get it twisted. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Thats what this franchise does. They chase the last wildcard spot. They dont strive to be greater. Its always a one year window. No long term plans ever

Reports are that we called KC about the availability of Mahomes.....that's not chasing a WC spot. They can't get guys to come here for obvious reasons. You take what you can get and plan accordingly. I don't like the move but I understand what this staff is up against. 

• Like 1