Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

What I heard is that he is in last part of his deal which is base salary is around $28 mil and that if he doesn't work out this year we can cut him with zero Cap hit. So I believe we are going to draft a QB to sit behind him for a year . So it is a cap friendly deal for us IMHO

4 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

And all it really does is tells me that I this franchise isnt serious about winning anything of note or simply doesnt understand the league/position/NFL.

Its all about selling to a fan base. 

As much as I like Ron, I can't tell if he's being overruled or complict right now. 

It could look complict in placating the fan base when really he's jus backed into a corner from kicking the "franchise QB" can down the road (totally his own fault, btw) now they want the same thing for different reasons. 

It's all bad, though..

14 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Weren't there reports that Wentz is an odd ball and not a great teammate? You just wonder why the Colts don't want him.

Wentz struggled with accountability in his last three seasons in Philadelphia and it hurt his standing with teammates and coaches. But it was the torn ACL that ended his 2017 season and denied him the Super Bowl run that revealed character defects and affected him in certain corners of the locker room.

Sometime before the championship game, Wentz voiced his displeasure with the Eagles’ success to a group of other injured players, sources with direct knowledge of the incident said. One of the players immediately confronted him and the two eventually had to be separated.

Wentz certainly had his supporters or those that sympathized with the obstacles he faced in Philly. If he was more successful, others would have likely been willing to overlook some of his personality quirks.

What do you all expect for 22 now?

Despite the fact we can cut him in 23; we gave this years 3 and next years 3, that could turn into a 2.

This was a save my ass move from Ron. So, Ron I expect us to win at least as many games it takes to get a wild card spot. That’s 9 or 10 wins. I’ll give a pass for actually winning the playoff game but expect more in 23.

If we don’t the make the playoffs; goodbye Ron. Let someone else find us the QB in 23.

If Carson remains the problem he was in Indy and Philly; goodbye Ron.

I view this as Ron thinking he found his long term QB. If we make playoffs; he will not be looking for a qb in 23.

If we fail and Carson is no different here ; Ron will be fired and someone else will be looking for that qb.

Ron has basically staked his entire NFL head coaching career on Carson Wentz. He gets fired; he will not get another head coaching gig. Owners are looking for younger guys as head coaches and not fired retreads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skins4ever28 said:

Lol anyone who wants to justify this is a rose colored glasses wearing homer and I got nothing to say to you.

for everyone else, this is a joke and we all know it. Another Fitzpatrick, another mediocre bullsh*t qb. And another year where we have literally no shot of even contending for a playoff run. You think they laugh at us for the name? This is even worse. What a freaking joke. This team just can’t stop shooting itself

This is a pure potential play. It's a gamble that he can return to a player that he almost never was.

I don't know if it's a joke, but it's going all in while holding a pair of threes. The only chance for a win is if the others fold or the dealer is really kind.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our Cap will be fine and a top 12 starting QB for two 3rd round picks is awesome.

I think there's a recency bias to this trade.  People just remember his meltdown against the Jags and this "locker room cancer".  Because Wentz was 9th in QBR last season, 11th in 2019, 12th in 2018, and 1st in 2017.  His outlier years were his rookie season (2016) and his last season with Philadelphia in 2020.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Wilson, Prescott, Stafford, Carr, Murray, Jackson, Ryan, Watson, Cousins.  Which three are you taking out?

Cousins, Watson who may never play again, Jackson who's always injured and he's right there with Ryan, Carr, Dak and Staffy.

There are 6 elite level QBs.

Wentz is firmly in the second tier talent wise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Wilson, Prescott, Stafford, Carr, Murray, Jackson, Ryan, Watson, Cousins.  Which three are you taking out?

Cousins. All stats no game.  Watson is an easy one too since there's a greater than 50/50 chance he doesn't even play. Ryan as the third maybe?