Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Dan Ban - Easy to Fill Out Online Petition to NFL Sponsors.

Koolblue13

7 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

An unambiguous report on Fox-5 today makes it as clear as it can get (absent an official statement from Anheuser Busch) that the termination of their partnership with the Commanders was due to Snyder's reported sexual harassment of employees.

They also mention the effect of "Boycott Dan" and other fan protest movements, like ours, in driving home the message to all corporate sponsors to bring an end to Snyder's reign of error.

The ball is rolling down hill faster and faster...

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Keep it going!

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Keep it going!

image.thumb.png.edb548125140929fa191dedeb4062e49.png

Bully to you sir!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

image.thumb.png.edb548125140929fa191dedeb4062e49.png

Bully to you sir!

And to you! I just personally get tired of the people who jump all over themselves time and time again to proclaim, "This will accomplish nothing!" They say it so much and with such urgency that it seems as if they're just afraid of getting their hopes up in any way. Consequently, they contribute nothing to the effort. 

I remember the same line of thinking when Monk kept failing to get in the HOF. A lot of fans created grassroots efforts to reach the voters directly, with websites, videos, etc. And it helped! He got in, and some of the voters directly referenced those fan efforts. Before all that happened, there was no shortage of people saying, "it won't make any difference." But it did. 

This is obviously a FAR bigger long shot. No one's pretending otherwise. But sometimes "lost causes" are the only ones worth fighting for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

And to you! I just personally get tired of the people who jump all over themselves time and time again to proclaim, "This will accomplish nothing!" They say it so much and with such urgency that it seems as if they're just afraid of getting their hopes up in any way. Consequently, they contribute nothing to the effort. 

I remember the same line of thinking when Monk kept failing to get in the HOF. A lot of fans created grassroots efforts to reach the voters directly, with websites, videos, etc. And it helped! He got in, and some of the voters directly referenced those fan efforts. Before all that happened, there was no shortage of people saying, "it won't make any difference." But it did. 

This is obviously a FAR bigger long shot. No one's pretending otherwise. But sometimes "lost causes" are the only ones worth fighting for. 

The good fight, win or lose, is always a noble task.

Ultimately there is no cause more worthy of fighting and, if neccesary, dying for than a virtuous lost cause.

I salute you sir!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MrJL said:

so the Washington Times is saying that Snyder is running the day to day operations while Goodell says he's not supposed to be.  That seems like a decent way to get the NFL to ban him

Ban who?

Dan?

Roger?

Both?

The waterboy?

The team's under Congressional investigation again. From the article.

Even more trouble could be on the way for the Washington Commanders.

The House Committee on Oversight and Reform, which has been investigating the allegedly widespread sexual harassment that pervaded Washington under team owner Dan Snyder, is now looking into alleged financial impropriety by the team, according to The Washington Post.

The allegations reportedly came to light in recent weeks while the House Oversight Committee reviewed more than 80,000 pages of documents and interviewed witnesses.

In a subsequent story, Front Office Sports reported committee investigators were exploring whether Snyder's Commanders had been using "two books" of financial information to create a different picture of the team's finances. Specifically, the investigators are reportedly looking into the debt load Snyder undertook when he bought out the rest of the Commanders, deceptive accounting practices and allegations of a gender pay disparity.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/congress-investigating-commanders-dan-snyder-financial-impropiety-210527929.html

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 3/31/2022 at 8:37 PM, Zambrycki said:

Dan HAS to be gone after this right...right?!

We can only hope.  In the eyes of the other owners this is more egregious the the sexual assault, wrongfully.  I do not care what gets him out as owner, just that he is out as owner. 

I just sent emails with all the attachments I could find on these new allegations vs Mr. Snyder.  If they still want to sponsor this team with Snyder at the helms, well, money is everything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Stealing from the other owners is definitely going to be viewed much harsher than anything relating to women or PoC.

Can't hurt the owners wallets. They won't stand for that.

Sad but true.  By the way, its snowing again.  Enjoy your yoga...🏝️

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

How do we know that this story is accurate? It only says that someone claimed this happened and there are claims of evidence… which the redskins deny. 

Of course the team was going to deny it.  Did anyone think they'd be like "Ahh...yup.  Yeah, it's all legit."

No...deny, deny, deny.  

Was talking to my dad about this today, one of my concerns is no matter how much Snyder limits what the other owners can make, it's nearly impossible for him to be a net negative for them.  We're talking potential revenue lost, not actually costing them money.

So until that happens, I'm not buying any of this supercedes their contentment with not having us as a team that will get in their way for getting a super bowl.  He makes them look bad, but isn't really hurting their wallets or getting in the way of their own team's success.

I'm not sure what it will take, but we should keep at it anyway.

I'm also not convinced the other owners really want the risk of Bezos as an owner, let alone the owner of the DC franchise.  That's too much weight to throw around and risk of another Robert Kraft type success story.

Edited by Renegade7