Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

The 28th Mock-Con at Washington & Lee University kicked off its fun weekend with a parade that thousands of people came out to enjoy, taken on February 2nd, 2024. (Credit: Jacob Hunziker, WSET)

https://wset.com/news/local/see-it-thousands-gather-for-mock-con-parade-at-washington-lee-university-governor-donald-trump-jr-glenn-youngkin-mock-debate-february-2024#

”The festivities started with a parade through downtown Lexington, where thousands of students, faculty, community members, and more gathered for the fun.

Every single state and territory of the United States was represented by a float with cheering students all dressed up to match their state or territory's culture.

The convention itself is known for its accuracy in picking the correct candidate for the presidential race in November

It’s been 74% accurate since 1908 and 100% accurate since 1948 in Republican conventions.

The convention will continue throughout the day Friday and Saturday.”

**ok, enough about that crap.  More and MOST importantly, this is a chance I know you’ve been waiting for………

wait for it……..

wait for it…….

okokok:

Donald Trump Jr., Governor Glenn Youngkin, and Georgia Governor Brian Kemp will even visit Saturday morning to speak to the convention delegates.”

woohoo!  Jr is in town!  Git dum, I mean sum!  No, I  really meant dum

‘A slap in the face’: Dems force Virginia Republicans to reject member’s anti-abortion bill

emocrats in the Virginia House of Delegates forced their Republican colleagues to take an up-or-down vote Monday on a sweeping anti-abortion bill one lawmaker called “a slap in the face” to women who have been raped or suffer life-threatening complications from a pregnancy.

In a procedural move designed to put Republicans on the spot over the most extreme anti-abortion proposals emerging from their ranks, Democrats themselves brought a GOP-sponsored bill to the House floor that would have cut off public funding for clinics and hospitals where abortions are performed with no exceptions for rape, incest, severe fetal abnormalities or when the mother’s life is at risk.

The hardball move by Democrats to advance the bill just far enough that all Republicans would have to vote on it comes after a hotly contested 2023 election season that Democrats characterized as a referendum on preserving abortion access in Virginia. Forcing Republicans to go on the record Monday, Democrats said, would help illuminate whether they got the message voters had sent by electing Democratic majorities in both the House and Senate.

After several rounds of parliamentary battle over whether the bill could be scaled back or stricken from the agenda altogether, Republicans were forced to vote on the bill with no changes. The legislation was rejected in a nearly unanimous 95-1-2 vote, with just a few Republicans abstaining or voting no.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Va. lawmakers to remove arena from budget, blocking Youngkin’s best shot for it

RICHMOND — Virginia lawmakers are poised to strip plans for a new Wizards and Capitals arena from the state budget, which would block Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s best shot at bringing the teams to Alexandria.

In an interview Wednesday night with The Washington Post, Senate Finance and Appropriations Chairwoman L. Louise Lucas (D-Portsmouth) said the arena language will not be in the budget compromise that negotiators will release Thursday.

“They’ve twisted my arm, they’ve bent my ears, and I still told them, ‘No,’” she said.

I enjoyed reading the comments.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

"tens of thousands of jobs" 

Dude, you tried to do this on your own. Stood on a stage before announcing this to proclaim the other party that has power too.... Don't want a strong America. What did you expect? "yes, Mr. Governor. Thanks for not including us in this plan that is getting picked apart for it's questionable financial assumptions."

His signature accomplishment as Governor is this failure. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Is this a parody?  With all of those empty buzzwords, it sounds like a parody.

JDub has been Mayor for like 6 years, all of which I've lived in ALX.  He replaced a truly crazy lady and, except for this specific issue, I've pretty much agreed with everything he's done, and I just like the guy.  He's not a politician glad handing people, he's an administrator trying to run the city as well as possible, and that speaks to my inner nerd (which is the majority of my innards).  But that also makes him bad at this kind of thing.  Frankly, my biggest issue is he needs to pick his thumbnails much more carefully because this one is brutal. 

Anyways, fun fact:  I did get into it with him on Facebook and I got him pretty flustered, which was fun.  If I recall, he was not a fan of my characterization of the financing as "magical fairy bonds."

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This bamma tried to spike the ball in the endzone before even catching it...

If he really wants a quick victory, stop being a little ***** and legalize recreational weed already.

Read the room, Sweatervest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

@PleaseBlitz. @Renegade7

to your points - isn’t his rise to fame basically that he was a big time donor they decided should run for governor as a stepping stone to running for president?

ie: he didn’t climb the political ranks learning how to be a politician 

I feel like in that light, it makes total sense this happened the way it did 😂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If anyone missed this amazing dunk by Renegade, he’s referencing the last time Youngkin came to Alexandria and got brutally pwned by some rando lady in a grocery store. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

22 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This bamma tried to spike the ball in the endzone before even catching it...

If he really wants a quick victory, stop being a little ***** and legalize recreational weed already.

20 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If anyone missed this amazing dunk by Renegade, he’s referencing the last time Youngkin came to Alexandria and got brutally pwned by some rando lady in a grocery store. 

Welp.