Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Buccaneers QB Tom Brady NO LONGER retiring from NFL after 22 seasons

TK

On 2/6/2022 at 10:06 AM, justice98 said:

I make the argument that Brady has had the single greatest career in American pro sports history.  Better than Jordan, Gretzky, whoever else people wanna name.  

MJ is a push. I still think MJ is more revered. He inspired generations of basketball players. 6-0 in Finals. 6 Finals MVP’s. 

Brady winning without Belichick in TB definitely makes this a debate. 

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

MJ is a push. I still think MJ is more revered. He inspired generations of basketball players. 6-0 in Finals. 6 Finals MVP’s. 

Brady winning without Belichick in TB definitely makes this a debate. 

Influence, sure, MJ takes that.  The difference to me is longevity.  Brady was at or near the top of the league until the very end.  Jordan was late 30s with the Wiz and people were lamenting how he wasn't as good as he used to be.  Brady was well into his 40s and was dominating like he was in his prime. Winning titles over a 20 year span. Unprecedented regular season and postseason success, he holds every important passing record.  Accolade for accolade, it's comparable.  In a sport where it's harder to win and perform for the length of time that he did it.  Mind you, he did all this playing the hardest position in pro sports.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • TK changed the title to NFL.com: Buccaneers QB Tom Brady NO LONGER retiring from NFL after 22 seasons