Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So David Ortiz Gets Voted Into The Hall Of Fame and Not Bonds Or Clemens?

No Nonsense

I didn't know David Ortiz was a known steroid user. If he was then I think he should not be in.

I'm the kind of person who thinks steroids are wack and have no place in professional sports. I understand many people were doing them, but that does not make it okay.

• Like 2

Just now, No Nonsense said:

On top of that, these sports writers are doing this in a cowardly fashion. If I’m not mistaken, this is Bonds and Clemens last year on the ballot. They put Ortiz knowing that they don’t have to answer the “you put Ortiz in, why not Bonds and Clemens?”

They're a bunch of sanctimonious sacks of ****.  

Let's also not forget they were the ones to vote for Clemens and Bonds for Cy Youngs and MVP awards.  So it's fine to give them the highest awards that a player can achieve, but not the highest honor that a player can achieve after his career is over.  Look up the definition of hypocrisy and you'll see the BBWAA.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

didn't know David Ortiz was a known steroid user. If he was then I think he should not be in.

Wasn’t it that he supposedly popped positive for a test that was never made public. He blamed supplements or vitamins or trainers. 

bonds and Clemens are not in the same category. At all. 

i mean baseball is my #4 of the primary sports so I got no dog in this fight. But I don’t think it’s the same. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Wasn’t it that he supposedly popped positive for a test that was never made public. He blamed supplements or vitamins or trainers. 

i mean baseball is my #4 of the primary sports so I got no dog in this fight. But I don’t think it’s the same. 

In 2003 Ortiz supposedly tested positive for steroids. The test wasn’t supposed to go public. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah, they're in the same category.  

Bonds and Clemens were not liked.  Bonds and Clemens remained defiant throughout, still do to this day.  

Ortiz made a half assed apology and perpetually had a **** eating grin on his face for his entire career.  

Ortiz testified to Congress?

wasn’t bonds at the center of it because his cheating was so aggressive and large in scale he smashed the home run record almost twice over?

i don’t really care for or about Ortiz. I remember both bonds and Clemens being gigantic douche bags about it. 

especially to the reporters. 

maybe not smart to be a jerk to someone you need something from 

**** all the steroid users and cheaters. None of them should be a Hall of Famer.

There should be a part of the Hall that explains who these guys are and why they aren’t in the Hall. Include Rose in that and **** that guy also. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

**** all the steroid users and cheaters. None of them should be a Hall of Famer.

There should be a part of the Hall that explains who these guys are and why they aren’t in the Hall. Include Rose in that and **** that guy also. 

How was it cheating when MLB wasn't testing?

• Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Hersh said:

this could be a good joke the more I think about it but I can’t tell the intent 

Well the fact that MLB wasn't testing and turning a blind eye to the whole thing was the bigger joke.  Testing didn't begin until 2003, I'm not sure if you were aware of that. 

Bud Selig is in the Hall of Fame, he presided over the game during the PED era.  Joe Torre is in the Hall of Fame, he managed guys like Clemens and A-Rod and benefitted from what they did.  Tony La Russa benefitted from guys like McGwire and Canseco who obviously juiced.  Do you want to revoke their Hall of Fame status, too?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, tshile said:

Ortiz testified to Congress?

wasn’t bonds at the center of it because his cheating was so aggressive and large in scale he smashed the home run record almost twice over?

i don’t really care for or about Ortiz. I remember both bonds and Clemens being gigantic douche bags about it. 

especially to the reporters. 

maybe not smart to be a jerk to someone you need something from 

Ortiz didn’t testify to Congress.  At least not with Sosa, Schilling, Palmeiro, McGwire.

• Thanks 1

Ortiz tested positive early in his career on a "unofficial" test that baseball has said was flawed and might have been wrong because it wasn't specific enough for banned substances.  He played most of his career and put up the stats that made him a potential HOF during active testing and never tested possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Ortiz tested positive early in his career on a "unofficial" test that baseball has said was flawed and might have been wrong because it wasn't specific enough for banned substances.  He played most of his career and put up the stats that made him a potential HOF during active testing and never tested possible.

Tbh, I have problems with DHs making the HOF. Same with relief pitchers. That said, bravo to Ortiz.