Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Im glad we didnt sign Hooper.  I just really dont see a need for a guy like him on this roster.  I think he is a decent TE but i would rather draft a TE and give Bates and Logan the season.  Reyes can ply ST and fill in here and there. 

Edited by NeverSurrender
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

3 firsts plus 2 other undisclosed picks so far. 

Massive credit to the Browns. You got to build to win the big prize. Same view of Vegas, they have done the same. 

If that is the deal I don't even care what the other two picks are, that is armed robbery.

They can even turn around and ship Mayfield somewhere to re-coop some cost.

Man... I woulda loved that here. That is truly insane if it holds.

Mayfield is right there with Wentz on the "QB you have on roster that scares you from trying actions like this" list too...

I'll pump the brakes a little on myself tho, could be more cost coming. I'll wait to see if that's it.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

Just now, NeverSurrender said:

Im glad we didnt sign Hooper.  I just really see a need for a guy like him on this roster.  I think he is a decent TE but i would rather draft a TE and give Bates and Logan the season.  Reyes can ply ST and fill in here and there. 

Agreed.  I've watched Hooper play.  He's a decent RZ target but otherwise he just falls to ground after the catch.  

11 minutes ago, method man said:

We have the young guys. We need another veteran in the room

Agree. But we’ve missed the boat on that one.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Well done to the Browns.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What’s the upshot of that SIP, we are sitting in wait to move on something? Not sure I get it.

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Agree. But we’ve missed the boat on that one.

Well done to the Browns.

What’s the upshot of that SIP, we are sitting in wait to move on something? Not sure I get it.

Heard Standig talk about this on the radio a little while ago.  He doesn't have a beat on their targets.  But asking other personnel guys from other teams they felt like they are waiting on something -- like a current FA where they are waiting/hoping for their price to come down or they believe a player they like might be released.

Chris Russell thinks it could be more of a long game.  Post draft and during camp players can get released ala Charles Leno last year.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Heard Standig talk about this on the radio a little while ago.  He doesn't have a beat on their targets.  But asking other personnel guys from other teams they felt like they are waiting on something -- like a current FA where they are waiting/hoping for their price to come down or they believe a player they like might be released.

Chris Russell thinks it could be more of a long game.  Post draft and during camp players can get released ala Charles Leno last year.

Just read the article you posted/expanded on thanks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Makes sense I've stated from the beginning they are not going to lose that 2023 3rd round comp pick they will get from the Brandon Scherff signing. 

Edited by RWJ

20 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Watson lied and it was all about the money.  No defensive players involved in the trade.  Just picks and money

How did he lie? It’s a business. You show you value someone with the guaranteed money you give them. Cleveland set the NFL record at $230M guaranteed and probably forever changed the dynamic of QB deals that Cousins started. They showed him they wanted him the most with the guaranteed money they gave him. He would be a moron to walk away from $230M for significantly less guaranteed money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Makes sense I've stated from the beginning they are not going to lose that 2023 3rd round comp pick they will get from the Brandon Scherff signing.

I appreciate that 3rd rounder is a decent pick but should we really structure our FA approach around that. Looks around the league. Do you think any of the leagues top 16 teams would do that?

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Watson lied and it was all about the money.  No defensive players involved in the trade.  Just picks and money

I'm not sure why anyone would think it was about anything more than that to begin with.  But to be fair, the Browns probably have the best roster of any of the teams interested in him.  

That said, I hope the year off makes him a shell of himself and hopefully he gets suspended.  

• Like 4