Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Rouge 4 at The Death Star

TK
Message added by TK,

490730691_ScreenShot2021-12-05at7_09_29PM.thumb.png.aa76992a10bb991590d96dc5bbb7beb4.png

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Okay, now I'm confused.  When is a punt not high?  Or do you mean you let it go if it's off a bounce?

Not being a smart ass, I'm not smart enough for that.

A punt falling straight down from on high is way less likely to take an endzone bounce than a lower angled punt, I think is the idea 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Bad spot for a three and out.

I think I get it.  That kick was perpendicular to the ground, others come in at an angle.

It’s more about the distance the punt is traveling. A high hang time short punt is going to drop and coverage is going to be there. 

A longer punt that lands inside the 10 likely has more angle and the coverage probably isn’t down there. It’s tough to explain because of the 8 million variations of punts and spin and placements. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

It’s more about the distance the punt is traveling. A high hang time short punt is going to drop and coverage is going to be there. 

A longer punt that lands inside the 10 likely has more angle and the coverage probably isn’t down there. It’s tough to explain because of the 8 million variations of punts and spin and placements. 

That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks man, learn something new every day.  Appreciate it.

• Like 1