Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alec Baldwin charged with Involuntary Manslaughter in The Death of Halyna Hutchins

88Comrade2000

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Because an 11 year old and a 60 year old should held the same standard of responsibility and care? This is a stupid tweet and I worry about the people who share/like it.

Are you suggesting that a 60yo actor needs to know if a real bullet is loaded in a gun that was cleared and handed to him on a set? And of course the use ofa 11yo is hyperbole but I think the same expectations occur for both ages. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Are you suggesting that a 60yo actor needs to know if a real bullet is loaded in a gun that was cleared and handed to him on a set?

Of course it depends on information which we don’t have access to, where as the 11 year old is never responsible for it. I imagine the information the prosecutor has is pretty damning in order for her to charge Baldwin.

The tweet is dumb.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Natalie Portman was only 12 in The Professional and her parents required gun safety training and a gun expert on set at all times. 

She knew how to assemble/disassemble the guns like her character and how to check for live rounds vs blanks.  

They filmed this right after Brandon Lee was killed on the set of The Crow. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Wasn't that a freak accident where the blank accidently fired somehow? 

I believe it was a case where there are two different kinds of blanks, one of which has a fair amount of powder in it to get the barrel flash.  Somehow a packing piece of one of the low-powder blanks, I believe, had gotten lodged in the barrel, and the high-powder blank shot it out.  That one really was more of a true freak accident than "oops, somebody put a live bullet in there".

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Thanks 2

So let's play devil's advocate. 

At any time during the production of the movie "Rust" was Alec Baldwin told to point a gun (prop or otherwise) and shoot it at the cinematographer?  I guess nope.  

I know his defense will be he didn't pull the trigger.  

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

So let's play devil's advocate. 

At any time during the production of the movie "Rust" was Alec Baldwin told to point a gun (prop or otherwise) and shoot it at the cinematographer?  I guess nope.  

I know his defense will be he didn't pull the trigger.  

On the other hand, I assume he is told to point the gun at actors.  I assume actors are not more bullet-resistant than cinematographers?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 1:06 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Baldwin ultimately responsible for allowing live rounds on set if he is producer…

in civil court.  ...  but ...  "beyond a reasonable doubt" threshold?   not unless someone demonstrates active malfeasance or criminal-level neglect, right?

(put differently... how many OTHER producers have you seen go to jail for accidents that happened on sets?   and WOULD anybody be suggesting it for Baldwin if he hadn't also pulled the trigger?)  

10 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

in civil court.  ...  but ...  "beyond a reasonable doubt" threshold?   not unless someone demonstrates active malfeasance or criminal-level neglect, right?

(put differently... how many OTHER producers have you seen go to jail for accidents that happened on sets?   and WOULD anybody be suggesting it for Baldwin if he hadn't also pulled the trigger?)  

well. Remember. Initially there were reports that he made decisions that were not in line with normal movie set decisions, and made things less safe. 

Now there’s been several things like that at the start and idk how true any of them are, but it’s always seemed to me that Baldwin is not being charged because he held the gun and pulled the trigger when it went off, but because he as producer and responsible for the decision making that led to this happening. 

as I understand it, the fact he pulled the trigger is irrelevant. And asking who else has been charged in cases like this would require cases where the accident was believed to be a result of the producer making decisions that were both out of line with industry standards, and made things less safe. 

I keep reading people talking about it from the perspective of Baldwin holding the gun, but, and I don’t follow this as closely as others and maybe something’s changed or the initial reporting turned out to be false, but it seems to me that is irrelevant. If another actor was holding the gun, and the accusations are true, Baldwin would still be charged for his role as Producer…

There are 12 people credited with producer titles on this movie (6 producers including Baldwin, 4 executive producers, 1 co-producer, and 1 line producer)..

I wonder where the charges are for the other 11?

Fwiw, I suspect Baldwin is credited as a producer in name only. Lots of indie films do this to get stars on them. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 2:21 PM, The Evil Genius said:

The question I keep coming back to is whether it's reasonable for actors to have to clear prop weapons on set every time they are given an already cleared prop weapon. I don't know the answer to that but I suspect that answer is no  (legally).

I was an actor (term used loosely) for about 10-12 years. I did 3 indie films, 2 appearances on America's Most Wanted, and a few different shows that you'd see on Investigation Discovery or networks like that, all where I handled weapons or prop guns on set.

In all of these productions, when the director called "cut" a prop master would come to me, take the weapon from me, step away from the set to their trailer or designated handling area, and make sure all was safe, then return the weapon to me and check if I had ANY questions or concerns. 

Edited by Chachie