Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Bold prediction, we trade back and draft Joe Alt and draft and trade for fields for like a 5th. I actually think will be targeting Alt and a corner , if we are trying to mold into the 49ers we will build a very strong depth that’s enough to make any QB perform well. 

Just my take …

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 3
  • Thumb up 1

57 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So because they went to the same school that means Maye is exactly like Howell but taller? That's pretty lazy.

That is what the peeps are saying or said. Not sure if the narrative has now changed. But will see in about a month. 

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

Sorry, but y’all are wrong on Caleb’s size. He is 7’ tall and shoots lightning bolts from his eyes and fireballs from his arse!!! 

"I AM CALEB WILLIAMS! And I see a whole army of my fellow football players looking for sour candy, Nissan, and Wendy's endorsements! WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH THOSE ENDORSEMENTS? Will you fight? Will you flex, floss, or front? They may take our careers, but they will NEVER TAKE OUR AD MONEY!"

OSkY.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

I feel bad for Howell.  He looked like he could take the next step early until he got Ramsey'd.  

I hate to see him leave. I can see why the move was made though.Seattle seems really excited to have him and have apparently had their eyes on him for a while. He should have a good situation there. The only down side for him there is that he will have a head coach who is both a rookie and DC head coach.

I think he is a much better QB than he was able to demonstrate during his time here. He joins the number of so many players who came here only to have their careers short circuited by the curse of our former owner. Many of them were lucky enough to get out and have great careers with other teams, ala Kirk Cousins.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Sam goes on to be a starter at Seattle (or somewhere else) and has a reliable 10 year + career, regularly leading some other team to the playoffs each year and perhaps a SB or two along the way.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

What does that even mean? The Bears arent trading the pick.

What do you mean, they aren't trading it? Heads up speaking in absolutes without proof detracts from your otherwise insightful posts.

To all the fellow Howlers out there that still believed in the kid, that didn't believe he had his only chance and failed, and that he wouldn't be unloaded for a 5th.

image.gif.35e6a24bf31aaa41fb76b0525c78ec12.gif

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Sam goes on to be a starter at Seattle (or somewhere else) and has a reliable 10 year + career, regularly leading some other team to the playoffs each year and perhaps a SB or two along the way.  

Sounds like Seattle was keen on him from his draft year. Anyway, I think he could make a solid career for himself in the league.

Bottom line, we’re getting blown apart and he’s caught up in that. We are doing a full reboot.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Commander202 said:

Bold prediction, we trade back and draft Joe Alt and draft and trade for fields for like a 5th. I actually think will be targeting Alt and a corner , if we are trying to mold into the 49ers we will build a very strong depth that’s enough to make any QB perform well. 

Just my take …

We were never going to trade out of the pick or take any one other than a QB at two.  But it's kind of incredible to me that some can't see that even now, after we've traded Howell.

Adam Peters was the top GM candidate in the entire NFL this hiring cycle.  Why does everyone think he took the job here when he could have had any open spot?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

We were never going to trade out of the pick or take any one other than a QB at two.  But it's kind of incredible to me that some can't see that even now, after we've traded Howell.

Adam Peters was the top GM candidate in the entire NFL this hiring cycle.  Why does everyone think he took the job here when he could have had any open spot?

We have 5 day two picks, which is already incredible. I'd be happy with just that going into the draft. Knowing we've got the #2 in a QB heavy draft? Best offseason ever.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I never put much stock in acquiring Caleb Williams. I think it sets a dangerous pattern where the top pick can demand his team.  Elway had a very good reason, Eli not so much.  But still it's a bad look and will only lead to more players making this demand, it will turn the NFL into the NBA.  . 

With that said according to the value chart I have seen the difference between the first pick and the second is 400 points, that's the value of the 50th pick.  So I'm not sure I understand why posters are claiming it will take multiple picks including next year's first, especially when the Bears have no leverage and they are obviously taking a QB so they need to stay near the top of this draft.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

75% trade up to #1 for Caleb

24% take Daniels at #2

1% take Maye at #2

Can I play?

I fluctuate daily sometimes hourly, but this is where I'm at right now...

50% stay at 2 and take Jayden.

30% stay at 2 and take Drake.

20% Trade up for Caleb. I just think the price will be outrageous.

However, he is the best qb of the three and maybe if you're Peters you think:

"GMs go there whole career without getting a chance to select a generational player at q.b. and I may never get this opportunity again. **** it let's do this!"

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

15 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I never put much stock in acquiring Caleb Williams. I think it sets a dangerous pattern where the top pick can demand his team.  Elway had a very good reason, Eli not so much.  But still it's a bad look and will only lead to more players making this demand, it will turn the NFL into the NBA.  . 

With that said according to the value chart I have seen the difference between the first pick and the second is 400 points, that's the value of the 50th pick.  So I'm not sure I understand why posters are claiming it will take multiple picks including next year's first, especially when the Bears have no leverage and they are obviously taking a QB so they need to stay near the top of this draft.  

I'm curious, what was Elway's good reason? I've always heard that he didn't want to play on the east coast. 

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm curious, what was Elway's good reason? I've always heard that he didn't want to play on the east coast. 

Going off memory which is dangerous at my age, but I think Baltimore had a head coach that acted like a marine corps drill instructor (every practice was like the first 40 mins of Full Metal Jacket) and both he and his dad wanted no part of that.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Forgot about that.

Pretty much a final nail in that shoulda drafted Olave question.

In isolation, yes. Overall it all brought us to the point where we are at right now. And I think that is a perfect spot for us. Could have only been better if we had the #1 overall pick. Let's see how we do from here on out but I am not looking back. I just assume all of that needed to happen to get to this point.

• Like 1