Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Which they wouldn't have needed to do if the ref ruled McLaurin in bounds instead of out of bounds...

We were unlucky there, but they should’ve gone for it on 4th & 1. That’s on Rivera.  Why he would trust the defense who had been getting owned all second half to keep the Eagles from kicking a FG is nonsensical.  Really poor situational awareness and feel for the game.

Edited by samy316

7 minutes ago, samy316 said:

We were unlucky there, but they should’ve gone for it on 4th & 1. That’s on Rivera.  Why he would trust the defense who had been getting owned all second half to keep the Eagles from kicking a FG is nonsensical.  Really poor situational awareness and feel for the game.

It was actually 4th & 5. But the point still stands. They should have gone for it.

• Thumb down 1

29 minutes ago, samy316 said:

it was fourth and 5 from like the 30 yard line.  We don't get it Jake Elliot could have walked out right then and kicked the field goal

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, MrJL said:

it was fourth and 5 from like the 30 yard line.  We don't get it Jake Elliot could have walked out right then and kicked the field goal

How was that any different than them kicking after they got the ball a few plays later lol

If you were paying attention for the 1st 4 qts you would have seen our D wasn't going to stop them from driving down the field to kick anyway. 

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

How was that any different than them kicking after they got the ball a few plays later lol

If you were paying attention for the 1st 4 qts you would have seen our D wasn't going to stop them from driving down the field to kick anyway. 

Exactly.  Everybody knows that if the Eagles get the ball back in OT, it’s game over.  It wouldn’t matter if Jake Elliott kicks it from where we turn the ball over on downs, or if the Eagles would’ve had a 55-60 yard drive to get in FG range.  The point is that the defense was terrible in the 2nd half, and I’m not giving the Eagles a chance to get the ball back if we have the first possession of OT.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zCommander said:

we got them to fourth and 1 and if the refs had called the false start they might have punted

4 minutes ago, MrJL said:

we got them to fourth and 1 and if the refs had called the false start they might have punted

You haven’t been paying attention to the Eagles much, if you think that they were going to punt on 4th & 1.  Maybe you haven’t heard about the nearly unbeatable tush play that they have that gets them an almost automatic 1st down.  Unlike our fake Riverboat Ron Rivera, the Eagles’ coach actually is a gambler, and can afford to be with the Tush Push.  If it’s 4th and 6 with the false start called correctly, they probably would’ve gone for that.  They were at midfield, so you want to be more aggressive there.

Edited by samy316
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

If Rivera doesn't go for the game winning conversion needing 2 yards but goes for it on 4th well inside Elliotts range needing 5 yards I'd gladly pick up a torch and join the fire Rivera mob because that would be analyticly inexcusable. 

It’s nonsensical that he didn’t go for 2.  But, if your defense stinks that day, like it did yesterday, you almost have to go for it on every 4th down in OT.  Otherwise, punting them the ball gives them an automatic win.

Edited by samy316

51 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I will say this again ...DO NOT give them the ball back willingly in OT. Do or Die! In Howell you have to trust at this point. He had been extremely good and the way he ran the 2 min drill you have to trust your QB and play calling here and less on your D. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

It’s nonsensical that he didn’t go for 2.  But, if your defense stinks that day, like it did yesterday, you almost have to go for it on every 4th down in OT.  Otherwise, punting them the ball gives them an automatic win.

But if you’re willing to pin your hopes of winning on one do-or-die 4th down conversion in OT, that won’t even result in a W in that moment, just another set of downs—the question remains, why would you not be willing to do the same thing from the 2 yard line at the end of regulation for the W? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Conn said:

But if you’re willing to pin your hopes of winning on one do-or-die 4th down conversion in OT, that won’t even result in a W in that moment, just another set of downs—the question remains, why would you not be willing to do the same thing from the 2 yard line at the end of regulation for the W? 

Everybody knows that RR should have gone for 2. Anything else is just asking for an inferior team to do too much. Their entire team is better, it was in their house, even their kicker is going to be much better in OT. 

Yeah, Ron left the offensive line to rot for another year. True, he wasted precious games last season that could have been actual playing time for Sam Howell. Yes, he hasn't tried to find a legit plug-and-play starting linebacker in 4 seasons with us. Of course, our only TE options are a fragile veteran coming off a serious injury, a 2nd year sturdy slot receiver, and a bowling ball with butterfingers. But that's all small fry stuff. Ron didn't go for it on 4th down from his own 30. THAT is the line in the sand he shouldn't have crossed.

I'm done with Ron. He doesn't understand priorities with this team.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

So Sheehan was in his podcast defending Daniel Jones today. Said he'd still pick him over Howell today. I almost choked on my lunch. Dude had what 3 bad years and one ok year supplanted by a great RB and looked good in a few games but horrible in a lot but wow. He really takes his points to the grave. 

56 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

So Sheehan was in his podcast defending Daniel Jones today. Said he'd still pick him over Howell today. I almost choked on my lunch. Dude had what 3 bad years and one ok year supplanted by a great RB and looked good in a few games but horrible in a lot but wow. He really takes his points to the grave. 

You wouldn't find a bigger hater on that draft thread for that draft as to trashing Daniel Jones.  I ddn't think he'd be a bust but I thought he'd be "meh" like a Case Keenum type.

He's been a little better than I gave him credit for.    But definitlely limited.  He's not had an easy though that's a crap offensive line protecting him.

Having said that, the dude will look like a hybrid Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson when he plays us this season.  If he can play just this team, he'd go to the Hall of Fame.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2