Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They also play every week and can throw it successfully when it’s the only option.

There were a lot of questions about Josh Allen's accuracy before he got Stefan Diggs. Who thought Hurts was an MVP quality QB before this past season? 

5 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

There were a lot of questions about Josh Allen's accuracy before he got Stefan Diggs. Who thought Hurts was an MVP quality QB before this past season? 

Allen the Bills got Diggs because they were all in on him. Eagles got Brown, because they were all in on him. 

Are you trying to make an argument that because we didn't throw our future away for a guy that doesn't play football and hasn't won **** and because we let ATL over pay for sneakers, that what we did sucked?

I wonder if you Holers watch football.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

I think any elite QB would probably get that. Forget Mahomes. You don't think Hurts, Burrow, Allen and Herbert would fetch the same deal? 

I think two 1st round picks plus a fully guaranteed $250+ million contract for a running QB who has been mostly top 15 level since his one dominant MVP and who is also coming off of what eventually became a season ending knee injury is bonkers.

Someone will probably pay it, but they'll be taking an enormous gamble as that could blow up in their faces if he never returns to his 2019 form and/or continues to be hampered by injuries.

Clearly the Ravens are ok with letting him go for the right compensation...which should really tell us something, to be honest.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Allen the Bills got Diggs because they were all in on him. Eagles got Brown, because they were all in on him. 

Are you trying to make an argument that because we didn't throw our future away for a guy that doesn't play football and hasn't won **** and because we let ATL over pay for sneakers, that what we did sucked?

I wonder if you Holers watch football.

That's a totally different argument. Not even close. It was implied that Lamar wasn't as accurate as the others and I pointed out that Josh Allen's accuracy was questioned until he got Stefan Diggs. I live in WNY, and there Bills fans that weren't sold on him until a couple of years ago. 

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think two 1st round picks plus a fully guaranteed $250+ million contract for a running QB who has been mostly top 15 level since his one dominant MVP and who is also coming off of what eventually became a season ending knee injury is bonkers.

Someone will probably pay it, but they'll be taking an enormous gamble as that could blow up in their faces if he never returns to his 2019 form and/or continues to be hampered by injuries.

Clearly the Ravens are ok with letting him go for the right compensation...which should really tell us something, to be honest.

Better watch out because we could be that team. If the team really is on the verge of being sold ; I can see the new owners wanting to make an early splash and signing Lamar could be that splash.

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Better watch out we could be that team. If the team really is on the verge of being sold ; I can see the new owners wanting to make an early splash and signing Lamar could be that splash.

I don't see how that would happen. It will probably be at least a couple of months before any sale can be fully finalized. Lamar will be long gone by then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I see it as being pretty simple: we have Heinicke a $5M/year offer and said it was our best and final.

Atlanta gave him a richer contract and he took the money. We raised our budget to a similar level and got a better player in Brissett.

Ron would have preferred Heinicke at $5M to Brissett at $8M, but Brissett at $8M became a no-brainer vs. Heinicke at $7M.

Actually, I think Ron wanted TH at $3-5, preferably in the $4 range.  Howell starts, TH is backup. But knew TH was not worth more than that.

When TH got a higher deal, option 2 was to pay more for a better player. 

Brissett is better than Hienicke.  Even Galdi, a certified Hienicke fan, agreed, so on his podcast this morning. 

So they couldn’t get the really cheap guy.  So they paid more and got the better player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Actually, I think Ron wanted TH at $3-5, preferably in the $4 range.  Howell starts, TH is backup. But knew TH was not worth more than that.

Brissett is better than Hienicke.  Even Galdi, a certified Hienicke fan, agreed, so on his podcast this morning. 

So they couldn’t get the really cheap guy.  So they paid more and got the better player. 

That's... exactly what I said happened. Lol

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Better watch out because we could be that team. If the team really is on the verge of being sold ; I can see the new owners wanting to make an early splash and signing Lamar could be that splash.

Ravens will match any deal we make. They can’t let Lamar come here.  Bad for business.  

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

That's... exactly what I said happened. Lol

Ok.  Maybe so… :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok.  Maybe so… :P 

Completely re-package someone else's idea as an original thought in a public forum? Let me guess... you're a wildly successful, fast-riser in management in Corporate America? 😉

Edited by CapsSkins

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I don't see how that would happen. It will probably be at least a couple of months before any sale can be fully finalized. Lamar will be long gone by then.

I think Lamar will be available until the deadline to make a deal on the non- exclusive tag is.  

If Lamar has no deal heading into camp; he will Hold out until week 10- think that’s when he can come in and still

get credit for season.

48 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

These numbers seem pretty low. Did you see that tweet where TH said he told ATL I am going back to the DC and they said wait we will give you more? The number had to be higher for ATL to give him 7.5. I would think our offer was close to 7 then. 

Edited by zCommander

18 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think Lamar will be available until the deadline to make a deal on the non- exclusive tag is.  

If Lamar has no deal heading into camp; he will Hold out until week 10- think that’s when he can come in and still

get credit for season.

Why would he still be available 2 months from now? If he is still available at that point then it probably means he (and the Ravens) either vastly overestimated his value and he's not getting any bites, or he's getting bites but turning them down because they're not as much as he wants.

I don't see Lamar as being a truel elite QB, but I still think some team will likely pony up the $250 million and draft picks.

21 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If this has been posted already, sorry for the repeat...but what exactly does this mean? lol...(he's talking about Brissett's expected role)

image.png.1a6f6de6f855e4b8d647aa1476fe917e.png

It's important that Brissett plays. It's also equally important that Brissett doesn't play.

Hope that clears things up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like Standig but listening to him just now on Sheehan’s show,  he is so over the top negative about the QB situation. 

Apparently, Kyle Trask is more intriguing this season because he was taken in the 2nd round versus Howell in the 5th. Atlanta’s situation at least as good because Ridder was taken earlier,

If Howell plays well in spite of this apparent stigma with some of him being drafted in the 5th round it will be a miracle 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Standig but listening to him just now on Sheehan’s show,  he is so over the top negative about the QB situation. 

Apparently, Kyle Trask is more intriguing this season because he was taken in the 2nd round versus Howell in the 5th. Atlanta’s situation at least as good because Ridder was taken earlier,

If Howell plays well in spite of this apparent stigma with some of him being drafted in the 5th round it will be a miracle 😀

Standing and Sheehan seem to be the only ones locally who think this situation is a bad one.  Most others think Howell's a question mark but believe in the potential.  Nationally, almost every person I've seen believes Brissett came here because this is the easiest place to win a starting job.