Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

56 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

How do I watch the Shannon Sharpe interview with Daniels live?

repeatedly kick yourself in the nuts in order to prepare yourself for the experience of listening to Shannon

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I honestly have no idea why the team is hiding their intentions. They control the draft right now. Caleb is going to Chicago. That is happening. Really no reason to keep people in suspense. Especially with Peters saying in the presser the other day that he doesnt see a situation where they would trade down. Unless they honestly have not decided yet. Which I find hard to believe with 4 days left. 

It's smart for them to talk trade with other teams right up until the selection, even if GMAP is convinced you don't want to trade.  One, you never know, maybe you get an offer that blows you away and you pull the trigger.  Not likely, but possible.  Second, and more applicable, it can be good to talk with the other FOs to see how they negotiate, what's the best offer you received, etc.  Might help negotiations in future years if we hold this high of a pick again.  Maybe you would be able to gather some Intel on their mindset that may help get a feel for how late 1st / day 2 may unfold, and lines of communication will already be open in case we want to trade up.

One thing is for sure: they could care less if fans are left in suspense, and rightfully so.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I honestly have no idea why the team is hiding their intentions. They control the draft right now. Caleb is going to Chicago. That is happening. Really no reason to keep people in suspense. Especially with Peters saying in the presser the other day that he doesnt see a situation where they would trade down. Unless they honestly have not decided yet. Which I find hard to believe with 4 days left. 

I think the old format of the first pick being able to sign a contract with the team that had the first pick before the draft started has left a lingering effect of fans and teams expecting to know who it was before the draft but I believe the nfl has a wink wink nod nod deal in place with the teams not to let the cat out of the bag on the second pick before the draft.

It's advantageous for the nfl as a whole to keep us all in suspense and on pins and needles until Thursday night when tens of millions of people are tuned in.

Edited by redskinss

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Because there’s no benefit to them to make the intentions known.  

Also, I take Peter’s at his word they were meeting over the weekend to finish grades and conversions so they could come up with a final answer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Jesus Christ. I never saw that Heisman thing with Daniels with a picture of himself in his jacket. That's just.......cringe.

It is cringe. But I dont think it matters in the end. Most of these guys at that level have some big ego's. 

• Thumb up 2

Okay, I'll bite on Jacket-gate.

I don't like it. Call me a Boomer if you want, it seems highly egotistical in a way that's frankly totally unnecessary. Even taking out the contrast to Penix, whose gesture was very classy.

I just can't see Peters going with a guy like that given some of these (admittedly circumstantial) concerns. So coaches and scouts think he's the second-best prospect by a clear margin. Well our guys aren't afraid to go against the grain and remember, none of those other scouts & coaches have skin in the game like we do.

I'm starting to get the sense that it really might be McCarthy given his leadership, experience, youth, clutch performance, and potential to become a more highly-pedigreed Brock Purdy. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

Thanks for the answers on SEC vs ACC. Doesn’t seem like it’s that big of a deal when comparing Maye vs Daniels. 

Maye played against some of the weakest competition in college football for a power 5 school. UNC had I think the 5th easiest schedule of all power five schools. LSU played much tougher competition, so personally because of that, I imagine that Daniels played against much tougher defenses than Maye. Someone brought up FSU earlier, and yes, that defense was phenomenal before the bowl game when 90% of their starters decided not to play, but Maye didn’t play FSU in either year he started. Daniels played FSU twice, so using FSU in the same conference to support Maye playing tough defenses doesn’t hold weight, Daniels was the one who played against that outstanding defense 

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Obviously this guy has no more actual insider info than anyone else, and I'm not entirely sure i buy his take that the whole Top Golf group thing was solely to test Daniels, but I do buy that it was at the very least partially to test them all. Throw them a big curveball. See who thrives, see who adapts, see who doesn't, see who complains. Life as an NFL QB is basically a giant curveball and you have to be able to handle novel and stressful situations in a measured way. Also tests leadership ability. See who sticks out, see who brings people together, see who sticks to themselves, see who sulks.

• Like 4

Just now, mistertim said:

Obviously this guy has no more actual insider info than anyone else, and I'm not entirely sure i buy his take that the whole Top Golf group thing was solely to test Daniels, but I do buy that it was at the very least partially to test them all. Throw them a big curveball. See who thrives, see who adapts, see who doesn't, see who complains. Life as an NFL QB is basically a giant curveball and you have to be able to handle novel and stressful situations in a measured way. Also tests leadership ability. See who sticks out, see who brings people together, see who sticks to themselves, see who sulks.

did you catch the PFF video I posted earlier on the subject? 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I think I missed it. This thread sometimes updates so fast. Do you remember which page it was on?

yea it does. This thing moves faster than Jayden Daniels moving down draft boards

starts around 49:00

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

4th easiest/weakest. 😋

Just Sayin GIFs | Tenor

I’m an ACC diehard, but saying that ACC defenses are comparable to SEC defenses is just silly. NC State had 1 great player on that defense, same with Clemson, but Clemson who usually has a good D was not that good last year. Maye got to avoid FSU twice, that D was stacked, but Jayden played them twice.

• Like 1

I think the Maye/Daniels and defenses they faced thing kind of balances out by talent around them though. Daniels faced better defenses overall, but he also had a really good OL and 2 elite 1st round receivers. Maye faced worse defenses overall, but had a **** OL and nobody of note to throw the ball to. Tez Walker is fast but other than that he sucks. Runs **** routes, constantly drops passes, and is lazy. I wouldn't take him before the 5th round.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

From the above ProFootballTalk tweet, that’s Fake News Florio and he had nothing to do with the ouster of Dan and he can shove a lamppost up his ass sideways and then turn it on for an extra sizzle.

Dumbass lying piece of **** attention whore rat ass **** mother ****er failure of a human being. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

The idea that they would draft a guy who they harbor ill will and resentment towards #2 overall should tell you all you really need to know about that guys opinion. It’s ****ing stupid. They would never draft a guy they don’t like as the most important piece. Come on! 

Especially with the arguably more talented Maye right there. There is no reason to do it. 

In regards to that large tweet chain:

A.) If the situation is as that dude described where you are testing your lead dude, there are only two ways things can go down. You either learn enough negatives about your leading candidate to move on to someone else, or you keep with your main guy but you have already sewn the seeds of mistrust before the relationship even starts. Heck of a dangerous game and you gotta wonder before you start if the juice is even worth the squeeze. It only really pays off if you vacate your lead guy. I don't buy that it developed like that. That feels almost silly.

B.) I thought the information about agents getting pissed if anyone ever tries that again was funny. Agree w/ that one. Don't get to play around at the top of the draft like that, especially w/ QBs.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think the Maye/Daniels and defenses they faced thing kind of balances out by talent around them though. Daniels faced better defenses overall, but he also had a really good OL and 2 elite 1st round receivers. Maye faced worse defenses overall, but had a **** OL and nobody of note to throw the ball to. Tez Walker is fast but other than that he sucks. Runs **** routes and is lazy. I wouldn't take him before the 5th round.

I think this is pretty spot on, to me it evens things out as well, I’m not as down on Tez as you are though, yes he had some bad drops, and isn’t the sharpest rout runner, but there were also quite a few go routes that Maye under threw this year that Tez was able to make some amazing plays on after he had slowed down and had to win the catch fighting contact. he does a great job tracking the deep ball.

I also don’t think that UNCs o line was that bad. I also like their TE Nesbit, that dude can play.

Edited by mac8887