Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

It seems like Peters is creating a Squid Game/Stanford Prison experiment scenario. The Dave Gardi hire is not a coincidence to make sure they don’t cross a solid red line.

They want to psychologically unnerve them and then make the draft decision from the data. It’s really the only way to find out who can handle playing for this fan base other than making them read ES posts about themselves but I am sure that would cross too many lines.

😂

They're inviting this guy in to facilitate the visits.

Not sure I feel comfortable with this process but I'm going to trust the FO on this one. It's a new era.

Edited by Ghost of

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He’s awful under pressure. He always has been. The only reason that some of his metrics looked better under pressure this year is because his coaches realized that as a QB, he sucks under pressure and told him that whenever it happens he needs to turn into a running back.

so here’s the situation if you draft him at number two, you’re either hoping that he’s never going to have to play under pressure, or you’re thinking that he is just going to run every single time that he gets pressured with his stick figure frame, or you believe he’s going to suddenly learn how to play under pressure even though he couldn’t do it in five years of college football.

I agree with this post. To go further with your point, after watching this sack video, I went to YouTube and watched Maye's sack video. My conclusion is that Daniels is down right ugly when he takes a sack and I'm awed that he wasn't hurt in 50% of them. OTOH, Maye didn't look like a rag-doll while being sacked. JMO

On a side note, I've been around the ES board for 16yrs and finally hit 1k posts! Hooray for me! 🤪

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I am struggling to come up with a defensibly productive reason why they're doing this group QB visit.

I say that as a fairly astute pro football fan for sixty years and a (retired) multi-credentialed professional in a very relevant field.

I only mention that as I think it's pertinent to my questioning the value of this approach with all my experience in organizational psych and virtually every form of human interaction.

And allowing a line of thought antithetical to any scientific process 😁, I hope this "inspired" decision isn't some cursed bad juju energy hangover left permeating the Ashburn atmosphere from the endless array of missteps made by many previous front offices for this franchise. 😬

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Now you guys are just messing with me. No way that’s real slang.

Next thing you’ll be saying a cap emoji means somebody’s lying.

Unfortunately it's real.  My kids say that crap all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

The FO must think they have enough and don't need to sit down and spend the day with a draft prospect.

I am interested to hear what they did.  How much interaction was there with the draft prospects?  Did they meet current players?  Maybe attended a QB meeting and/or offensive meeting.

Just guessing, and I am hoping we get educated by GMAP.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Personally, I don’t see the big deal of lumping top 30 visits together, especially this year. We’ve already met with these QBs a few times and had our one on ones. Hell, Peter’s was at Mayes practices when he was still with the 9ers. What more are they going to ask them that will sway their pick? What’s your favorite cereal? Besides some of these other players may end up being day 2-3 picks and it’s good to see how they will all interact with each other so you know who may be good fits 

edit to add, Cinnamon Toast Crunch 

This is the right cereal answer.  Are we back to breakfast again?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I think it's to make them feel uncomfortable and see how they react to it.

Maybe.  For QBs in particular social interaction is part of the job.  I know people who tend to be super comfortable in social situations that fit the comfort zones and not so much outside their comfort zones, so maybe that's part of this?

I get the vibe from Keim that its supposed to culminate in some event at the end of the day, guessing a trip to see the monuments?

I don't know how SF does it.

So both seperate and together I gather.  Maybe the together part is purely for whatever they plan at the end of tomorrow.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, mudhog said:

I agree with this post. To go further with your point, after watching this sack video, I went to YouTube and watched Maye's sack video. My conclusion is that Daniels is down right ugly when he takes a sack and I'm awed that he wasn't hurt in 50% of them. OTOH, Maye didn't look like a rag-doll while being sacked. JMO

On a side note, I've been around the ES board for 16yrs and finally hit 1k posts! Hooray for me! 🤪

“I've been around the ES board for 16yrs and finally hit 1k posts!”

It’s not the volume that counts, it’s the quality. By that metric you’re an all star in my book. 👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I am struggling to come up with a defensibly productive reason why they're doing this group QB visit.

As much (and as little) as I know about AP, I really don't think he is doing some sort of mind game here. I don't think he would want to make any draft pick feel as if he was a pawn in some game. So there has to be a reason. I'm chalking it up to:

1) getting to meet the gang in a group environment in a contrast to the multiple venues where the potential pick has been to sole focus of everyones attention.

2) Group celebration Congratulating each of them on their success and being selected as a top 30

3) watching each individual to see how they respond to the unique pressures of a group/team setting

4) Giving Jaydens Mom a chance to get her nails done

5) Still taking the time to meet with each individually to confirm/learn their initial impressions. Solidify their leanings.

I'm not saying that it is the way I would do it either. I actually don't like it. Perhaps it will trigger a guest to make a costly tweet?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I think it's to make them feel uncomfortable and see how they react to it.

Well yeah, such guesses are among the  easier ones to make.

The question is the how productive is that "thinking", inc. expanding  it to other guessable reasons, versus just doing in depth one on ones. Not a big deal, but I'm questioning the merit. Sort of wondering why risk an unforced error type of outcome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

As much (and as little) as I know about AP, I really don't think he is doing some sort of mind game here. I don't think he would want to make any draft pick feel as if he was a pawn in some game. So there has to be a reason. I'm chalking it up to:

1) getting to meet the gang in a group environment in a contrast to the multiple venues where the potential pick has been to sole focus of everyones attention.

2) Group celebration Congratulating each of them on their success and being selected as a top 30

3) watching each individual to see how they respond to the unique pressures of a group/team setting

5) Still taking the time to meet with each individually to confirm/learn their initial impressions. Solidify their leanings.

I'm not saying that it is the way I would do it either. I actually don't like it. Perhaps it will trigger a guest to make a costly tweet?

I'm not sure what there is to gain either. You really don't get to spend much time with a guy individually to see what he's like dissecting film or how he responds to being grilled. Its like one big college freshman orientation thing. I couldn't care less how they respond to random forced awkward social interactions. I wanna know how they're gonna grow as NFL QBs. Get em a PR coach if you need to.

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

Reading Keim's tweets

Looks like Daniels has today to himself, tomorrow the other 2 QBs.  But for the ones arriving tonight, they are all going out together.  So it sounds like that's the whole thing.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Well yeah, such guesses are among the  easier ones to make.

The question is the how productive is that "thinking", inc. expanding  it to other guessable reasons, versus just doing in depth one on ones. Not a big deal, but I'm questioning the merit. Sort of wondering why risk an unforced error type of outcome.

JJ the next day after an entire evening of psychological torture (Joker is his nickname for Jayden):

Full Metal Jacket Gomer Pyle GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I say that as a fairly astute pro football fan for sixty years and a (retired) multi-credentialed professional in a very relevant field.

I only mention that as I think it's pertinent to my questioning the value of this approach with all my experience in organizational psych and virtually every form of human interaction.

And allowing a line of thought antithetical to any scientific process 😁, I hope this "inspired" decision isn't some cursed bad juju energy hangover left permeating the Ashburn atmosphere from the endless array of missteps made by many previous front offices for this franchise. 😬

I don't recall this ever occurring with so many, especially at this late juncture. I imagine some feel more like it's a dog and pony show but I'd bet it's just Peters trying to dot all the I's and crossing all the t's.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like Daniels has today to himself, tomorrow the other 2 QBs.

Keim’s tweets really clarify it and it makes a lot more sense.

Is Penix not among the invitees? I thought he was supposed to come in tonight, but Keim doesn’t mention him, unless I missed it.

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

Keim’s tweets really clarify it and it makes a lot more sense.

Is Penix not among the invitees? I thought he was supposed to come in tonight, but Keim doesn’t mention him, unless I missed it.

yeah i think hes likeky part if ot tonight too. So whatever they do its a group thing tonight

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

They are.  And it makes me uncomfortable.  We always try and do everything our own way, and it never works.  Why can't we ever just copy what the successful teams do?  Why do we always have to take a dump on conventional wisdom?

S.F. does it this way with the group thing. Out with old in with the new.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

S.F. does it this way with the group thing. Out with old in with the new.

If that's the process that got them Trey Lance they need a new process.

Then again every QB taken after T Law that year stunk so I guess it wouldn't have mattered.