Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

What are you trying to pull using relevant informative data to totally destroy some obviously fatuous statement some idjit made? They'll suspend your X acct if you're not careful.

Don't threaten me with a good time, Jumbo.  My bluesky account is sitting right there, begging me to use it once in a while.  :P

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Daniel Jones is a bum because he sucks. Just because we're worse doesn't mean that he isn't trash. There's a reason the Giants and reportedly really hoping to be able to get a QB in this draft.

An argument could be made that Dallas is allowed to make fun of him because they obliterated him. However we aren't allowed to chastise him because he made us his biatch.

I think Finlay makes a good point. And when I use the terms analysis or analytics, I mean it in its OG definition as used in the sciences and fields that use classic scientific process.

Not so much how even the NFL uses it, though I do really like that specific form as a useful tool for the NFL (and have been in awe of, and crushing on, Cynthia Frelund for years).  And it will keep evolving for the better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

An argument could be made that Dallas is allowed to make fun of him because they obliterated him. However we aren't allowed to chastise him because he made us his biatch.

Dude, he sucks. His own team has basically admitted it by making it known that they want to replace him. Again, just because we suck worse doesn't mean we can't point out that a guy sucks.

Here's a telling blurb from the Maryland pro day recap, about a late-round QB prospect I'd seen the Commanders connected to somewhere. This might have been the nail in the coffin for that possibility; and that pic at the top of the article is doing Tubby Tagovailoa no favors either, yikes.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-maryland-western-michigan-pro-days-report-taulia-tagovailoa-struggles-make-impression-ol-prospects-stand

Maryland and Western Michigan Pro Days report: Taulia Tagovailoa struggles to make an impression, OL prospects stand out

"Quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa threw for scouts and has received tepid reviews. Tagovailoa showed little arm talent, and his deep passes displayed little speed and even fluttered according to those on hand. The quarterback, who was not invited to the combine, did no testing Friday."

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Fluttered?

That's odd.

As someone who has seen every game Taulia's played in, arm strength never seemed to be an issue.

Size and and decision making at times? Yep.

But issues with arm strength? Nah.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They are higher than JJ than the other local media for sure.   Speaking of which add JP Finlay to the pile of local-national reporters who don't buy the speculation that they are taking McCarthy at 2.  (Breer, Keim, Finlay, Albright, Pauline in that mix).  Will see.  But am feeling right now its a 2 horse race ala what Keim has implied thus far based on all I listened to this week.  

I've heard both Logan and Hoffman recently said they'd go with Maye at #2 after starting the process months back in Daniels corner.  So your comments threw me off.  I was wondering if I am losing my cognitive skills 😎 because I take pride in hearing what is actually being said versus what I want to hear.  So I relistened to their last podcast. 

They both said recently in different segments, they'd prefer Maye and give him edge for the #2 pick everything being equal with them both talking.  Logan referenced his take on switching from Daniels to Maye was influenced by getting the Alll 22 tape. 

In his last podcast, Paulsen said Maye's ceiling is "by far the highest" among the three QBs and also referenced he had the most big time throws.  But agree that same last podcast was centered on which QB is ready first.  So in that context, they were higher on Daniels and Maye.  They were all over the place on it.  But if that's your main introduction to their takes it would feel more pro Daniels and McCarthy because they were centric on pro readiness.

Although Hoffman said in that same podcast, he's rather have the upside guy even if it takes longer.  Hoffman seems smitten with McCarthy in particular.  So will he goe from Daniels to then Maye and now McCarthy :ols: if so he will run the gamut.

Standig on with Sheehan Friday, said he doesn't get the JJ swirl either so add him to the list of locals scratching their heads.

• Like 1

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/31/former-nfl-coach-compares-drake-maye-to-andrew-luck-clyde-christensen-peyton-manning-commanders-nfl-draft/

I just saw this article. I agree with Christensen, someone will regret not drafting Maye. Hopefully that means The Bears and not the Commanders!

I said it once before, let's not get too cute here,  pick Maye and get ready for the next pick. This kid has all the tools to be great. With the 2nd pick overall we need to look at great potential. 

https://gmtm.com/articles/average-college-quarterbacks-who-became-nfl-stars

Tom Brady and Phil Simms and others may not have had the best final year in college or overall but they had the potential to be great. 

Obviously though,  Drake had a great year in 2022 but slightly stumbled the next year due to hid supporting cast. 

• Like 1

Keim's been hinting at a few things for a couple of weeks

A. Sticking at #2

B. Feels like a 2 horse race right now, he seems doubtful its McCarthy unless a surprise trade down

C. Team undecided

D. His lean at the moment is they go Daniels 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A. Sticking at #2

C. Team undecided

I really dislike the combination of these two things.

Edited by Est.1974

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

And I really don't buy it. I doubt they're 100% on who they're picking, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're closer to 85-90% sure.

This FO doesn't leak and they're probably not telling anyone what's going on. So even the guys who "normally" get lots of insider info are probably getting pretty much zilch from GMAP and DQ.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A. Sticking at #2

B. Feels like a 2 horse race right now, he seems doubtful its McCarthy unless a surprise trade down

C. Team undecided

D. His lean at the moment is they go Daniels 

How accurate has Keim been in predicting their first pick? Obviously, past regimes have been more open. But I recall not much accuracy from him.

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

The undecided part is purely about they want to digest everything before making a call and there is still things to digest including team visits.

If I had to pick a theme that Keim seems to buy its that its between Daniels and Maye.  Not McCarthy at 2.  And they are leaning Daniels.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

And I really don't buy it. I doubt they're 100% on who they're picking, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're closer to 85-90% sure.

This FO doesn't leak and they're probably not telling anyone what's going on. So even the guys who "normally" get lots of insider info are probably getting pretty much zilch from GMAP and DQ.

I certainly agree nothing gets out. 

85/90% decided, not sure about that at all. But I guess that’s the point :rofl89:

19 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

This episode should be required listening to post in this thread. Believe me, listen!

It actually doesn't give a good vibe for their takes on Maye.  I've heard them go much deeper on him.  On that one they focused mostly on who is the most ready to start now.  It was the most heavy by a mile of their shows on McCarthy.  So if anyone here likes McCarthy that's the one to listen to.  

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I certainly agree nothing gets out. 

85/90% decided, not sure about that at all. But I guess that’s the point :rofl89:

I'd be pretty shocked if they're not really close to being positive about who they're going to pick. They've been watching film on these guys for many months, they've had interviews with them in person multiple times, seen them on their pro days, undoubtedly talked to everyone under the sun who knows them and has worked with them.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Standig on with Sheehan Friday, said he doesn't get the JJ swirl either so add him to the list of locals scratching their heads.

Standig was the one holdout from the locals on McCarthy being possible.

Who knows.  But if I had to pick one theme where more agree than not as to the last week as to rumorville stuff its that this team isn't taking McCarthy #2.

Though I think even if more come out and say the same, I'd expect a counter push to that because its much more entertaining as to draft talk if the idea is that its a three way horse race.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I'd be pretty shocked if they're not really close to being positive about who they're going to pick. They've been watching film on these guys for many months, they've had interviews with them in person multiple times, seen them on their pro days, undoubtedly talked to everyone under the sun who knows them and has worked with them.

I still think moving off #2 is an option, but that’s just me :rofl89:

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I still think moving off #2 is an option, but that’s just me :rofl89:

I'd be really surprised.  The good news is if there is anything to the rumorville stuff, this team is very intrigued by both Maye and Daniels.

Haven't heard a single rumor of them being infatuated with another aside from one national reporter thinks that McCarthy would fit the type of QBs that Peters likes.  But hearing Keim among others sort of shooting down their interest in him at #2, makes me wonder.  

Granted they are good at keeping their mouth shut.  

Judging by most of this past week rumors, Nix is going in round 2.   Penix either late first or early 2nd.

20 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Did Standig say if he thought they were leaning towards one player or another at two?

In his mock he said Daniels.  But that's based on league buzz when he explained the pick.  He doubled down that this FO is very closed as for leaks.

If someone wants the dude with they can do anything vibe its Standig.  But when he explains that, he said because he has no idea.

Hands down the worst roster in the league, what a rebuke of Ron Rivera and the crap job he did here.

Screen Shot 2024-03-31 at 2.16.24 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2