Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Only if they feel both QBs are equally good. Otherwise take the better QB.  Our opinions on these QBs are of course meaningless.

I'd love to know what they are thinking. 😎.  But I think either we will never know what they think until they make their pick or maybe it gets leaked some after their prodays - team visits.

Yep, we basically have no real idea on what the FO think. Damn, we just had a new signing in front of a microphone and nobody knew we’d even signed him :ols:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The Eli/Elway move is gaining ‘momentum. RG3 doubled down and Albert Breer chimed in. It’s going to start picking up more momentum. Caleb’s dad probably is watching this with more than a little curiosity.

I saw that this morning. RG3 can come off as an arrogant ass at times. But in this case I agree with him. And not just because I want Caleb here. The Bears should have fired the coaching staff and gave Caleb a clean slate to start his career. Because I can almost guarantee you Eberflus is cooked when the season is over. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

The value of the #2 pick is going up with every report of another team loving Maye.

The value to us, yeah. There’s a reason so many teams covet the inaccessible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

@SoCalSkins

I'd really like your take on Maye SCS. 

I'll save SoCalSkins some typing since I'm very well acquainted with his nuanced, subtly differing opinions on 2024 QB prospects not named Caleb Williams *clears throat*:

8jnz7k.jpg

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 7

I think RG3 made a good point.  We know all about dead men walking lame duck coaches and how the wheels WILL fall off the wagon and there will be a sell off. Before the year even ends perhaps.

The absolutists will still say: Chicago WILL take Caleb and we will NOT trade up no matter how much smoke is bellowing out of quicksand QB land Chicago, ignoring who our GM covets. They already sold low on Fields and Caleb balking may force him to be sold low as well. Perfect if AP wants CW.

Chicago brass probably heard RG3 loud and clear and will in a panic try to firm up the coaching staff by extending their failed coach that showed he cannot develop a QB lol. Perfect again. And Calebs dad has already heard what RG3 said, but not from RG3. 

image.gif.b135bbf58c5710977eb70ad4454c24a6.gif

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

The value to us, yeah. There’s a reason so many teams covet the inaccessible. 

I was just about to comment on what appears to be something that people are noticing right now.

Mayes stock amongst these pundits seems to increase drastically when talking about the teams who want to move up to get him.

All the smoke seems to be the Vikings want him and are putting picks together to move up to get him the giants are in love with him, the patriots want him and could move up one spot.

Pretty much nobody except maybe the Raiders have been linked to a desire to move up for jayden and all this is coinciding with the pundits lining up to suggest we should take daniels.

This seems to me like that typical media push to sway public opinion pre draft that we see every year for one or two players.

Florio (who everyone knows I despise) did a segment on the Vikings moving up where he stated its obvious williams number one and jayden number two and that the only question is who they would want at 3 and then listed mcarthy, penix, nix and then maye in that order as if to suggest maye would be the 4th option of the second tier guys.

The media blast to drop Maye right now is as obvious as it is calculated, whether it works is another matter but I have a feeling this new regime is not susceptible to that kind of crap.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Conn said:

Most people (and most talking heads) are making fun of Griffin’s original segment, and rebutting that it’s one of the best situations a #1 overall pick has ever fallen into. I don’t think it’s gaining momentum at all aside from the people who are enjoying massive confirmation bias. 

I think Caleb’s dad is crazy enough to do it. He has 10 million in NIL money. If he credibly threatened to not play for the Bears, he could sit a year and would reenter the draft in 2025. The bears top overall pick will have been wasted. There is no doubt Caleb would still be the top overall pick in 2025 and the team drafting would make sure he was willing to go there.

Caleb not wanting to play for a team with lame duck head coach and 101 year old owner Is not unreasonable. He has the leverage to go nuclear. I give it a 25% chance if I had to guess. 75% chance we stay at 2 and likely draft Maye, which would be a nice consolation prize and not bad at all in my opinion.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

@SoCalSkins

I'd really like your take on Maye SCS. 

I like him. If we can’t trade up to 1, I would draft Maye 100 times out 100. Daniels is an injury waiting to happen. We know how that movie is going to end so let’s not buy a ticket for it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Chicago brass probably heard RG3 loud and clear and will in a panic try to firm up the coaching staff by extending their failed coach that showed he cannot develop a QB lol. Perfect again. And Calebs dad has already heard what RG3 said, but not from RG3. 

You think an NFL FO cares what RG3 has to say? They heard him loud and clear and will adjust? lmao come on man 

They already know what they did by keeping Eberflus, they would have had arguably one of the most attractive openings if they fired him. Franchise QB picks tend to save jobs, not end them. They won 7 games last year, added a ton of talent, and are drafting an extremely hyped #1 overall pick that is only being nitpicked and denigrated by people who are sick of talking about him after 3 years of being the top overall player in college football. They’re going to be fine with Eberflus most likely.

It’s all nonsense. Nobody gives a **** what RG3 thinks. 

• Like 2

Somewhere, college fanboy crusaders for Daniels are girding their loins for re-engagement with every swing of attention directed to other QBs in the draft.

Hopefully they'll wear pants while typing.

😛😁🙃 (just playing-- I like Daniels just fine)

434.jpg.4f69e63a274f5cc7cee776673efa6c44.jpg

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I like him. If we can’t trade up to 1, I would draft Maye 100 times out 100. Daniels is an injury waiting to happen. We know how that movie is going to end so let’s not buy a ticket for it. 

Well, I was hoping for some company in my concerns of Maye. I think I'm the only guy on this forum who - dislike is too strong a word - but certainly questions his #2 QB crowning. I see a lot of Jason Campbell in Maye aside from better mobility and arm certainly. I hope I'm wrong. 

Thanks though for your take!

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Somewhere, college fanboy crusaders for Daniels are girding their loins for re-engagement with every swing of attention directed to other QBs in the draft.

Hopefully they'll wear pants while typing.

😛😁🙃 (just playing-- I like Daniels just fine)

434.jpg.4f69e63a274f5cc7cee776673efa6c44.jpg

As capes go, this one👆 is weak. 

15 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Well, I was hoping for some company in my concerns of Maye. I think I'm the only guy on this forum who - dislike is too strong a word - but certainly questions his #2 QB crowning. I see a lot of Jason Campbell in Maye aside from better mobility and arm certainly. I hope I'm wrong. 

They all have bust potential for sure, but you have to have a franchise QB in the modern NFL to have sustained success. Realistically the only way to get one is by drafting one. If you hit on one, the value of a QB performing at an elite level on a rookie contract is the most valuable asset in all of sports. 

I don’t think it’s even a 50/50 proposition these guys will be busts. I give Caleb 15 to 20% chance of success and 75 to 80% chance of failure. Maye I have around 10% chance of success and Daniels less than 1%.  

I previously mentioned in the thread there are  around 10 humans on earth any given year that can play QB at an elite or close to elite level. Their ages range from 21 to 40. So having an elite player emerge every other year is the norm. Having multiple in the same draft is very unlikely and any given player is a low percentage chance for success. But a team has to keep swinging until they hit. If the qb is a miss, don’t worry about sunk cost and move on to try again. Unfortunately it’s the only realistic way for long term sustained success. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I posted concerns about Maye months ago, just havent been as loud about it lately and I dont want to spam the board. 

I've concluded that most people like the top Qbs for no reason other than they have seen the names in every mock draft since December so there is a familiarity bias involved, not actual analysis or opinion rooted in anything other than what someone else thinks. I have even larger concerns for Jayden Daniels which are also well documented, and slightly less unpopular.

If the argument is Maye vs Daniels, then the choice is Maye, but I promise you this organization is not having that discussion...

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Oh well, flip picks with NE and ask them to throw in their pick #34

They get Maye guaranteed, we get Daniels and have 34,36,40 in the bank as 2nd rounders.

The chance of that happening is 0%. 

We both need a QB. If of the remaining QBs (after Williams) we prefer the same guy as NE, we ain't trading down and take our guy. If we like a different one, NE ain't trading up.

NE would only trade up if with us if we would be willing to trade down with teams further back also. But we need a QB, so we ain't doing that. Trading down is off the table. We'll stay put and take our guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, illone said:

I posted concerns about Maye months ago, just havent been as loud about it lately and I dont want to spam the board. 

That's right! I'm sorry I forgot. Yeah, I'm not doling out anymore opinions on QB's until after the draft. I still maintain Nix & Penix are being undervalued to an extent. I do like Daniels, however. 

Wouldn't it be hunky dory if Peters pulled a shocker a real curveball at QB.  Bring it Peters so all of us can be wrong. Whatever decision is made. Drive Adam, I'm riding.  :ols: 

Edited by RWJ
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1