Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, alaroche04 said:

Wait, so him infering that Daniels didn't weigh in at the combine to hide his weight is racist? 😂

I can't believe we are at this point.  

No, you can actually read the comments of people pointing this out about him for weeks. Before the combine. Same for Hasselbeck 

I'm not anti-Daniels, but I thought it was weird and concerning that Louis Riddick (huge Daniels fan), said on ESPN that Daniels is 'dealing with a personal issue that is getting resolved.'

What the heck is that about?

1 minute ago, woodpecker said:

Interesting. Is Chad Forbes reputable? I see the quotation marks, but it doesn’t say who he is quoting?

Probably someone who wants to stat anon.  It makes sense...Maye is arguably the best fit for the air raid offense and he has experience running it.

17 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Steelers haven’t had a Top 5 pick in 54 years, let that sink in.  They’ve had some losing seasons in that time but were never that bad.

They’ve had one losing season this century. We've had 15.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Interesting. Is Chad Forbes reputable? I see the quotation marks, but it doesn’t say who he is quoting?

He's fairly reputable from what I've seen... more so as a "Twitter" guy.

This seems to be a purposefully vague tweet.  Take it for what it's worth.  Unless Keim reports it, I'm skeptical on any and every tweet claiming to know what the Commanders draft board looks like.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

They’ve had one losing season this century. We've had 15.

I'm mostly sad because we're far enough into the 2000s that it really is legit to say "this century" and have it mean something. I feel so so so so old. 

But the losing thing really sucks too.

7 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

There are a lot of people who say the same about Allbright FWIW.

Looks like Forbes was right on Levis last year when many had him as a 1st round pick:

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, illone said:

Allbright should know better...

But this is more proof that the media is full of themselves this time of year. (ok, not just this time of year)

Here is a dose of reality:

1. Initial Mock Drafts:  These come from college football people, the furthest you can get from an actual NFL opinion unless you ask your drunk uncle who watches Golf.

2. Mock Drafts in January through April:  The perception of NFL opinions as told by media + misinformation from agents, execs, etc

3. April 24th, Draft Day: Actual NFL Opinions

There is a reason that 1+2 never equals 3.

Sometimes people guess right, usually they don't.

The NFL Draft is wonderful, innit?

4. Mediots issue post draft grades, and downgrade or upgrade teams that didn’t / did select their “highly” graded players.

5. Fans argue about these draft grades and think their respective front offices are geniuses or idiots based on media perspective.

• Like 3

Daniels better start swallowing rocks. MOST of us knew is that he was under 200 lbs. Eyes don't lie unfortunately. It doesn't change his prospect as a great electric player because his slightness is part of his twitch and speed. It does however increase doubt in regards to health and longevity.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

My guess is his weight is lower than expected and he plans to use the extra time to gain good weight.

It does put a bit of a damper on the pre-combine  Daniels momentum though. 

Only positive is that if he does bulk up and still runs under 4.50 at his pro day he'll be fine on that front.

Il

I would bet he doesn’t run at his pro day and we never get a 40 for him. He’ll just do the scripted passing, maybe some of the other measurables. But he can’t maximize for weight and for 40 speed at the same time and he doesn’t want to appear slower than expected, so my official guess is he just won’t run

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mac8887 said:

Again with the you, you, you stuff. It’s the same stuff over and over. Why not worry about the players, instead of me?. I’ve posted stats, arguments, and video of why I think McCarthy could be better than Maye, I’ve also stated that Maye could turn out to be really good. 

Im not some end all be all when it comes to scouting evaluations, and prefer to take in info from others that are far more qualified than myself to make such evaluations. At the very least to compare and contrast what I’m seeing.

Drake Maye being this can’t miss prospect is a take that many don’t have including myself.

Cakes from the Junkies has recently moved him to his FUBAR list, stating he is un draftable. Now I don’t agree with that take, but it just goes to show you that everyone doesn’t agree on Drake Maye.

And finally I’m arguing with the hypothetical stance that we could trade back and recoup draft capital to secure any of the other guys.

Its not a crime to think that JJ, or Nix, or Daniels, or Penix could possibly be better than Maye, or at the very least good enough to warrant a trade back to get an extra 1st or 2 to put fill out the other positions that we are both lacking in talent and depth.

The hit rate on these QBs are so slim. The #2 pick is so valuable. I just can’t jump on board with using it on a QB with inconsistency and inaccuracy issues. 

On top of that this is coming from a place of un bias because if it were up to me, we’d do everything we can to secure Caleb Williams, including trading future first rounder and even more. He is the only one in this class who has a better chance of not busting than the rest including most QBs drafted in the first round in most drafts. That’s why you hear the term, generational talent, attached to his name. You don’t hear that about anyone else except for the extreme outlier here and there.

From the "Observe as I precisely and exhaustively prove someone else's own point for them" files.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, alaroche04 said:

ROFL that is hilarious if true. Daniels has a ton of talent, but I want my quarterback to be available, not on the IR.  We went thru this with RG3 already.

RG3 was 223 pounds at the combine. His weight was not an issue. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alaroche04 said:

Probably someone who wants to stat anon.  It makes sense...Maye is arguably the best fit for the air raid offense and he has experience running it.

Chad Forbes has no sources and has been horrible for years, unfortunately 

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

There are a lot of people who say the same about Allbright FWIW.

Allbright has a very long history of being way more right than wrong when he reports things. He’s reliable. 

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Looks like Forbes was right on Levis last year when many had him as a 1st round pick:

Lots of people had Levis as a day 2 guy, or a “trade into the back of the 1st for the 5th year option” guy which basically means 2nd round if the right teams don’t want you. 

• Thumb up 1

Womp womp on Daniels playing games.

I go back and forth like every two days on who I slightly prefer (like 53-47, then 48-52, then 54-46) between Maye and Daniels but these kinds of games are exactly the things that are gonna keep him down.  Probably gonna lock in a slight preference for Maye unless Daniels' pro day answers a lot of questions.

I wanted to see two things:

1. Weight and how he did on tests at that weight.  My hope was he'd be like 218 and still do reasonably well.

2. Throw velocity

And we get neither.  Ripparoni ripparoni give me the Maye-aioli

• Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Womp womp on Daniels playing games.

I go back and forth like every two days on who I slightly prefer (like 53-47, then 48-52, then 54-46) between Maye and Daniels but these kinds of games are exactly the things that are gonna keep him down.  Probably gonna lock in a slight preference for Maye unless Daniels' pro day answers a lot of questions.

I wanted to see two things:

1. Weight and how he did on tests at that weight.  My hope was he'd be like 218 and still do reasonably well.

2. Throw velocity

And we get neither.  Ripparoni ripparoni give me the Maye-aioli

Yeah it’s a bit of a let down. I understand not throwing. I even understand not running or doing drills. But not weighing in is annoying as hell. His justification was complete malarkey, and there is no way you can take it as anything other than he isn’t at the weight he wants to be at (we don’t know if that’s 200, 205, 210,etc.) 

QB weight is a big deal, especially if you want him to run as part of the offense. If he was a pure pocket passer, maybe we could overlook it more. Kyler Murray and Howell were short but at least were thickly built. Kyler was 5’10 205. Howell was 6’0 or 6’1 210.Cousins, who isn’t a big guy, was 6’3 214 and he’s a pure pocket guy. Lamar was 6’2 216. 

Edited by seantaylor=god

Daniels not measuring doesn't surprise me, but does disappoint me. He's probably hovering at or a little under 200lbs and that's a legitimately scary weight for a guy his height and who runs as much and how he does. As others have noted, I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't run on his pro day. It's pretty much impossible to both focus on gaining as much weight as possible and being as fast as possible.

Edited by mistertim

Just now, mistertim said:

Daniels not measuring doesn't surprise me, but does disappoint me. He's probably hovering at or a little under 200lbs and that's a legitimately scary weight for a guy his height and who runs how much and like he does. As others have noted, I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't run on his pro day. It's pretty much impossible to both focus on gaining as much weight as possible and being as fast as possible.

He has to throw and run at his pro day. 

41 minutes ago, Conn said:

Chad Forbes has no sources and has been horrible for years, unfortunately 

Allbright has a very long history of being way more right than wrong when he reports things. He’s reliable. 

Lots of people had Levis as a day 2 guy, or a “trade into the back of the 1st for the 5th year option” guy which basically means 2nd round if the right teams don’t want you. 

Yes, Allbright is notoriously honest, reliable and stable…

https://tbdailynews.com/pathological-liar-broncos-reporter-ben-allbright-posts-cringe-confession-to-sexting-his-ex-gets-called-out-by-her-for-lying-again-deletes-everything/

Four years ago we published a couple blogs about a Denver sports reporter called Benjamin Allbright, after he picked a fight with Barstool Sports over a joke Dave Portnoy made about crushing unions. That led to a deep dive into a number of lies he’s been repeating over the years about his military service, education, and other achievements he’s been using to bolster his online profile.

These lies and claims included:

• He got nearly a perfect LSAT score, attended Harvard Law School, but left for bigger and better things.
  • Great Uncle was a speechwriter for Rockefeller.
  • He majored in everything.
  • Lived in Chicago 3 years “during Jordan,” even though “during Jordan” clearly implies the 90’s, and he wouldn’t have been old enough to remember and appreciate Jordan when he says he lived there.
  • His Grandma was 100% Native American, yet he’s 1/4 Jewish and 3/4 German
  • His family (except his 100% Native American grandmother) is from Europe and changed their name from Olbrecht. His great uncle, who was killed by a firing squad, was one of the masterminds behind the Valkyrie plot.
  • He scored high 140’s on the MENSA’s
  • Said he was in Iraq when he found out he was accepted to Harvard Law, but never ended up going there.
  • He was a walk on football player at the University of Arkansas, where he graduated with three bachelor’s degrees in History, Statistics, and English Literature
  • His father golfed on the PGA tour for three years
  • His grandfather was involved in the moon landing
  • He grew up in the mean streets of Chicago, East St. Louis, Kansas City, Little Rick, Tampa, and now Denver.
  • He was golden gloves in the army
  • He speaks Greek, Latin, Hebrew, Arabic, and English.
  • H served in combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as being stationed overseas in Korea and Germany. Yet he never mentions Afghanistan when he talks about his deployments overseas.
  • He served as a Chief Warrant Officer 2 in the army, a decorated position for “intermediate level experts of both the technical and tactical aspects of leading in their field”
  • He was part of the “spear” in Iraq in 2003, in initial invasion force to remove Sadaam Hussein
  • He headed off to be deployed to Iraq in 2003 just 30 minutes after his father’s funeral, leaving his family in tears
  • He helped build a wall between Iraq and Iran, and Iraq and Syria, neither of which exist
  • He claims to be highly decorated all the time to win arguments with random people all the time
  • He said he got spit on after getting off the plane from a tour of duty.
  • He ironically led the charge to accuse others of stolen valor
  • He tried to have Steve Robinson, then the producer for the Kirk Minihane Show, fired by Barstool Sports for sending him emails asking for clarification about his background.
  • He called the cops on both of them and said he was filing for restraining orders.
  • He successfully got other Barstool Sports personalities like Chaps to publicly criticize Robinson and Minihane for inquiring about his background in the army
  • He claimed that he’s retired after selling his consulting firm.
  • When he finally released his DD214s it showed he was in the army but didn’t show that he served in any of the places he claimed to have served.
  • He also said he was going to send someone to jail for stolen valor after he got their IP information from Twitter. 
Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1