Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Man, I don't see the large gap between the big 3 that others do.

For me it is so much like NFL.com's prospect grade where there is barely any separation between these guys. 

Sure they all excel in differing avenues but overall... near total wash for me.

I understand that the media's almost universal understanding is that Williams is a cut above but I don't see it. Nor do I see anybody lagging behind.

There are gaps between specific skills among the three but overall I agree in terms of potential/upside all three are closer than you think.

Its gonna come down to scheme fit, coachability/character, and if the big league lights shake them or not(which we'll never know until the games start).

36 minutes ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

The same Louis Riddick who was drooling over Haskins?  I will never take any scouting advise from him again.

Nobody is going to always get it right but I find him (and Simms) to be more accurate than most 

Is Simms really that accurate? I keep hearing that but he's super all over the place too. And not just at QB. I think he had Dyami Brown as a top 5 WR in his draft class lolol.

Truth is QB is hard af to grade and is not an exact science by any means.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 4

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Is Simms really that accurate? I keep hearing that but he's super all over the place too. And not just at QB. I think he had Dyami Brown as a top 5 WR in his draft class lolol.

Yeah it's pretty much almost akin to playing the lottery.   Finding a QB is about 30% skill and 70% luck lol

Reddick off the top of my head was into Mariota and Sam Darnold.  He has had his share of non QB player misses, too.

I don't mind it in a vacuum but he seems so definitive and borderline obnoxious in his takes that people have some fun with his misses.

I recall he wasn't just a fan of Haskins, he came off absolutely assured of it.  I recall one segment he was saying this isn't like the Redskins taking RG3, Haskins is different, he's the real deal.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Simms and accurate should never be used in the same sentence unless we're discussing acquittal on marijuana charges. I've never heard him say anything remotely savvy when it comes to the draft. 

*Disclaimer - smoking weed doesnt make you an idiot, but being Chris Simms does.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Reddick off the top of my head was into Mariota and Sam Darnold.  He has had his share of non QB player misses, too.

Reddick has been pining for a GM job for years, basically conducting a public interview every time he is on air.

Guess there is a reason he isnt getting that call...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Here are Simms rankings through the years:

CJ Stroud

Bryce Young

Hendon Hooker (TBD) 

Anthony Richardson

Will Levis

Matt Corral

Kenny Pickett

Malik Willis

Sam Howell

Desmond Ridder

Zach Wilson

Trevor Lawrence

Mac Jones

Kellen Mond

Justin Fields

Joe Burrow

Justin Herbert

Jordan Love

Tua Tagovailoa

Jacob Eason

Kyler Murray

Drew Lock

Dwayne Haskins

Jarrett Stidham

Daniel Jones

Josh Allen

Lamar Jackson

Baker Mayfield

Josh Rosen

Sam Darnold

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Here are Simms rankings through the years:

CJ Stroud

Bryce Young

Hendon Hooker

Anthony Richardson

Will Levis

Matt Corral

Kenny Pickett

Malik Willis

Sam Howell

Desmond Ridder

Zach Wilson

Trevor Lawrence

Mac Jones

Kellen Mond

Justin Fields

Joe Burrow

Justin Herbert

Jordan Love

Tua Tagovailoa

Jacob Eason

Kyler Murray

Drew Lock

Dwayne Haskins

Jarrett Stidham

Daniel Jones

Josh Allen

Lamar Jackson

Baker Mayfield

Josh Rosen

Sam Darnold

So, like every other guy, he’s got some hits and some misses. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So, like every other guy, he’s got some hits and some misses. 

Sure but 2020 and 2018 were spot on and against what basically everyone else was saying and pushing and that's why everyone started paying attention to him. He went totally against the narrative (Josh Allen at #1, Herbert and Love before Tua, etc) and was seemingly dead on. 

Of course he does have that ugly Zach Wilson miss on there. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Sure but 2020 and 2018 were spot on and against what basically everyone else was saying and pushing and that's why everyone started paying attention to him. He went totally against the narrative (Josh Allen at #1, Herbert and Love before Tua, etc) and was seemingly dead on. 

Jacob Eason over Jalen Hurts?

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Jacob Eason over Jalen Hurts?

I mean 4 out of 5 right was literally better than anyone else's top 5 that year I think. The vast majority of people had Tua at 2 and some didn't think Herbert was even the 3rd best QB in that draft. 

Just now, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Why not just flip the script and draft MHJ at #2, get as close to a sure thing of a budding superstar as you can in this draft and really see what Sam is made of

I'm fine with it, but I'd rather trade down for Nabers or one of the 2nd tier QBs.

Even if the new Staff loves Howell, the team will be bringing in at least 1 new QB to compete, or back up.

2 hours ago, illone said:

Zierlein's latest mock has him going 12 to Denver, which makes a ton of sense to me, so the only way to make it happen in that scenario is to strike a deal with Minnesota one slot above them. I'm sure there are others interested in moving up, but Minny seems like a logical partner if JJ becomes the target. I know a lot of people have JJ in the 2nd round, but I dont see that happening unless he bombs the private workouts.

I'm seeing reports where Minnesota is gonna take a QB in the 1st round and let KC walk; then Atlanta ends up with KC. Who knows? 

24 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

I wish I could be in the room to observe how these guys will rate Howell vs the draft QBs.

Here's Howell's highlight tape.  Do you give up on a dude who passed for nearly 4k yds?

You dont give up on that guy.

Man, how cool would it be to be a fly on the wall while Quinn and Peters discuss Howell...

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm seeing reports where Minnesota is gonna take a QB in the 1st round and let KC walk; then Atlanta ends up with KC. Who knows? 

I just saw the same thing 😂

I kinda like KC in Atl with all those weapons... That team would be tough to stop.

6 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Watching everyone slowly talking themselves into another season of Howell has been remarkable.

We should do it and bring in Patrick Ramsey as a QB coach.

I don't know if I want another season of Howell or not but I do want to keep coaching him up to see if he can become something. Watch the highlight film KLWilkins1977 posted and, when Sam has time to throw, he makes some very nice throws. He's a different QB in the 1st half of the season than the 2nd and that's what needs to be figured out imo. I trust Coach Quinn and KK will watch the film and talk to Sam and then make a decision on what direction to go in. I see Sam as a potential asset to the organization with his value being undetermined at this point. I do know that there were opponents this season who heaped praise on him for his toughness and throwing ability. I really want to see what Sam learned from last season and how he can improve himself. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Of course he does have that ugly Zach Wilson miss on there. 

He’s also got Matt Corral as #1 and he has Daniel Jones as the worst QB in that batch. 

He’s got misses and hits. And I bet a lot of people have a similar hit rate as he does. 

He goes out on limbs, that’s for sure. And his QB rankings shouldn’t be dismissed. But he’s just as right and wrong as anyone else.