Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Me, talking to myself out loud just now, “they won’t go get Wilson, this isn’t Snyder. They won’t go get Wilson, this isn’t Snyder. They won’t go get Wilson, this isn’t Snyder… c’mon! Believe! Believe this is true!”

I think we’ll have a genuine dilemma at #2. That pick is massively valuable and could completely stack us with picks for 3 years. They want to build through the draft, that was their strap line.

There is nothing to say they rate these QBs high enough, but who the hell knows.

Wilson for a couple of years, plus draft Daniels, or JJ for example. Don’t know,

I personally think Plan A will be to get Williams. Go for the big fish. After that if we can’t, it’ll be about the best return from the value of #2. They will have to love Daniels or Maye to do that. The lure of a haul of picks instead of a QB you might only be 70% bought into is the dilemma.

All subjective, none of us know do we.

I need to know of there's any truth to Caleb not wanting to be in Chicago...

I'll buy that it's a rumor for now, but that's a red flag to me. 

Usually where there's smoke like that there's fire.  Bears have not been a QB friendly destination.

8 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

We could follow the Cardinals example and draft Marv Jr and sign Russell Wilson. People were sure Warner was washed up, Boldin is on about the same level as Terry McL, and Harrison Jr is supposed to be the next Fitzgerald...just a thought.  I don't have any confidence in a Quinn staff developing a QB, unless maybe he lands McDaniels.

By the way, what about taking Tulia Tagovailoa in the later rounds?  He's looking good in the Shrine bowl, but I never watched UMD football.  

Tuila, maybe the 2nd. best QB in Big Ten behind McCarthy, 4star HS followed brother to Bama, transferred to Md. when coach became HC MD. Played in best div of the Big Ten with OH.ST., MICH. Penn ST. Has potential not a bad later rd. pick. Has some good stats. 

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the time of year when the bull**** gets deeper and deeper. Seems like every year it gets worse and worse with all these inside sources and their bogus claims.  Like the poster above said,  if Williams goes #1 then it's either Maye or Daniels, I'm sure by draft day Peters will have zeroed in on our guy

Red flags keep going up for Caleb I am sure only to me. Remind me to bet against his team when he plays in a frozen stadium. I hope Chicago drafts him and doesn't get traded 45 minutes later like Eli who was panicked that San Dog was where QBs went to die because of The Ryan Leaf Experience. Then he holds out to add extra drama. And somehow in all his drama seeking we end up with the best QB in the draft.

With no proof whatsoever I suspect Maye in a #10 charger blue jersey may be making people unknowingly consider Herbert a comparable and thus inflate his draft ranking. The mind works in mysterious ways. I know I instantly see Herbert.

Edited by RandyHolt

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I need to know of there's any truth to Caleb not wanting to be in Chicago...

I'll buy that it's a rumor for now, but that's a red flag to me. 

Usually where there's smoke like that there's fire.  Bears have not been a QB friendly destination.

I wouldn't buy it.  But if it's true, it could be massive for us. It could get Chicago to pick Drake Maye #1 and have Caleb fall to us without having to trade up.  That's kind of the dream outcome for me.  But I am also totally satisfied with Drake at #2.  I love both prospects, and feel that the choice between them is akin to a choice between Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes.  You're a major winner either way, but anyone would slightly prefer Mahomes.

I wouldn't trade up to 1.  If he truly doesn't want to play in Chicago, then the Bears can either trade #1 to someone else or pick Maye and let us get Caleb.  I don't want to give up what it would take to get to #1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure why Colin would risk looking like a bigger fool than he already is but he is sticking to his twisted theory based on what Rapo said. He does get some scoops but yeah sure is likely trying to be the first to report something in case it happens. That all aside, I can see most QBs wanting a warm weather team. Bears do suck at developing QBs which is what got Eli in a bunch. 

Here is Eli's Draft Day Hostage Photo

eli-chargers-nfl-draft-06-27-16.webp.e6f1a9c22c2583d1322d80d592de7301.webp

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why would Caleb pass on Chicago for us? We aren't exactly a bastion of success either. 

Regardless, its a BS rumor anyway.

Yeah that's the part I can never get past whenever this rumor comes up.  Why would he try and force his way here?  He has to realize that if he doesn't go #1, that means we would pick him #2.  He's not going to get to pick where he ends up.  It's a wild speculation that is too good to be true.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why would Caleb pass on Chicago for us? We aren't exactly a bastion of success either. 

Regardless, its a BS rumor anyway.

He’s from here.  It would make for an amazingly cool narrative, not that different from LeBron wanting to play for Cleveland because he’s “just a kid from Akron.” 

I’m not saying the rumors are true either, but apparently he was a fan growing up, and he has posted social media stuff suggesting he follows the team closely and cares a lot about the DMV.  

Not sure it has much added financial value in terms of his endorsements (maybe it does), but it has a strong emotional and sentimental appeal.  

And imagine if he revived the franchise and delivered a championship to this beleaguered fan base?  The hoopla behind that would be insane!  And definitely more so than if he won a championship for any other team.  It would be an epic and historic tale not just in NFL history but sports history overall, and he couldn’t get that anywhere else, because for no other team would he be “the hometown kid.”

Edited by skinsarethebest
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, skinsarethebest said:

And imagine if he revived the franchise and delivered a championship to this beleaguered fan base?  The hoopla behind that would be insane!  And definitely more so than if he won a championship for any other team.  It would be an epic and historic tale not just in NFL history but sports history overall, and he couldn’t get that anywhere else, because for no other team would he be “the hometown kid.”

I agree. He appears the type of person to be considering the best path to fame on the grandest scale. Fair enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

I wouldn't buy it.  But if it's true, it could be massive for us. It could get Chicago to pick Drake Maye #1 and have Caleb fall to us without having to trade up.  That's kind of the dream outcome for me.  But I am also totally satisfied with Drake at #2.  I love both prospects, and feel that the choice between them is akin to a choice between Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes.  You're a major winner either way, but anyone would slightly prefer Mahomes.

I wouldn't trade up to 1.  If he truly doesn't want to play in Chicago, then the Bears can either trade #1 to someone else or pick Maye and let us get Caleb.  I don't want to give up what it would take to get to #1.

Not that I disagree with your main point, but I'm curious: You wouldn't trade away say a 2024 2nd & a 2025 2nd to take Mahomes over Allen?

10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not that I disagree with your main point, but I'm curious: You wouldn't trade away say a 2024 2nd & a 2025 2nd to take Mahomes over Allen?

I get where you’re coming from, but that’s a whole different ballgame.  It’s like me saying “you’d trade away two 2nds to move down from 7th to 10th*?”  

*(Where Allen and Mahomes were picked IIRC, in case that wasn’t clear)

edit:  I’ll add that I’m not necessarily against trading up for Williams

Edited by skinny21

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I get where you’re coming from, but that’s a whole different ballgame.  It’s like me saying “you’d trade away two 2nds to move down from 7th to 10th*?”  

*(Where Allen and Mahomes were picked IIRC, in case that wasn’t clear)

edit:  I’ll add that I’m not necessarily against trading up for Williams

I'm not talking about them as prospects, and I don't believe Commando was either.  I'm saying the QBs as they are today.  I think the Bills would definitely trade away Allen + two 2nds for Mahomes (at the very least).

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm not talking about them as prospects, and I don't believe Commando was either.  I'm saying the QBs as they are today.  I think the Bills would definitely trade away Allen + two 2nds for Mahomes (at the very least).

Ah, gotcha - I should have read his post more carefully.  And yes, I agree about making that trade.

• Like 1