Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Your argument is without merit. EB will be fired at the end of the season.

Playing Brissett (who gives us the best chance to win) to evaluate EB is madness. Nobody wants to evaluate EB and nobody wants to win meaningless games that affect our draft position. 

Let’s move along to the next silly thing. 😆

I wouldn't be so sure. If they were to start Sam ron would lose the locker room. I'm sure Terry would love to reach 1,000 yards. He ain't doing that with sam. I'm sure jahan wants to put some good film on tape for the new fo, won't be doing that with sam either. Samuel is playing for a new contract, I'm sure he wants a qb that can get him the ball these last 2 games. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I see you were born in 1989 so you probably have no clue about the 85 Bears. If you think the average QB today is way better than Joe Montana and others from the 80's then that's just plain incorrect. The 85 Bears terrified the best QB's in the league. Closest thing to them since were the Ray Lewis Ravens. 

Pretty much explained already, I don’t need to have seen them play live to know that a team from 38 years ago that is overall slower, smaller, weaker, and less juiced on modern supplements and sports science—plus less meticulously schemed for this modern game—is going to get beaten. Montana has an argument for being the best pure passer of all time. So does Marino, from that time period. They mostly played behind contemporary OL the size of today’s mid round blocking TE’s. It’s a different game. The QB’s are arguably the best bet to transition to today’s game given time to learn schemes, given the game is geared towards the position, protects the position, and the WR’s aren’t allowed to be defended nearly the same way. But the ‘85 Bears weren’t known for their quarterback play lol, they’d get washed playing a modern team if you shoved them into a time machine and made them play anyone tonight. Half the roster, elite for the time, was made up of guys who would generously be considered “tweeners” today. And those guys are going to defend a complex running game operating behind a wall of behemoth OL who are all the same size as (and stronger than) The Refrigerator?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I wouldn't be so sure. If they were to start Sam ron would lose the locker room. I'm sure Terry would love to reach 1,000 yards. He ain't doing that with sam. I'm sure jahan wants to put some good film on tape for the new fo, won't be doing that with sam either. Samuel is playing for a new contract, I'm sure he wants a qb that can get him the ball these last 2 games. 

You think Rivera hasn’t already lost the locker room? lol

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

So Jacoby taking 5 drives in a row for tds is happenstance?  I concede that it might be, but we would have to see a bigger sample size to be sure. The run game gets better with jacoby in because he doesnt take the huge negative plays and he gets us into 2nd or 3rd and managable. It's possible that eb has been wanting to start Jacoby for a while now, but ron hitched his name to Sam and it is rons call after all. An ineffective qb will make every oc look bad. Even on the take command post game they seem to be starting to remove some blame from eb and place it on Sam. I'm not so sure it's fair to grade eb with him being tied to Sam until we are able to see more of what Jacoby can do In this offense. If he starts against the 49ers and keeps this offense moving the way he has it will be very telling and definitely would not help the case for Sam. If he stinks it up it will hurt ebs stock.

The playcalling changed. They ran the ball. The defense backed off a bit and they found success. Is part of that Jacoby being better? Sure. But they absolutely changed the way they attacked. Oh, and Wylie was out. Major upgrade. 

I’m amazed that you think Bienemy is a quality play caller. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The playcalling changed. They ran the ball. The defense backed off a bit and they found success. Is part of that Jacoby being better? Sure. But they absolutely changed the way they attacked. Oh, and Wylie was out. Major upgrade. 

I’m amazed that you think Bienemy is a quality play caller. 

Putting words in my mouth now, I never said eb was good or bad. I sad we have no way of truly knowing because of poor qb play. 

3 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Putting words in my mouth now, I never said eb was good or bad. I sad we have no way of truly knowing because of poor qb play. 

Yes we do have a way of knowing. His situational playcalling was poor. Routinely. All year. 

And again, I don’t care how it wants to be spun: his job was to field a good offense. So to do that, he decided throwing the ball 66% of the time was wise with an essential rookie QB and an awful OL.

How is this even in question? His strategy stunk. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Literally, your entire posting history is negative posting about Howell. 

Not really only on the qb board during a time our qb has been 0-5 with 8 picks to 2 tds while completing less than 50% of his passes. While also being benched twice for poor play. Now Jacoby on the other hand, 5 drives, 5 tds in a row. 5 out of 6 with the 6th being 3 straight runs trying to run out the clock. Now that's some qb play I can get behind and root for

Edited by mac8887
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Not really only on the qb board during a time our qb has been 0-5 with 8 picks to 2 tds while completing less than 50% of his passes. While also being benched twice for poor play. Now Jacoby on the other hand, 5 drives, 5 tds in a row. 5 out of 6 with the 6th being 3 straight runs trying to run out the clock. Now that's some qb play I can get behind and root for

As I said.  🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I'm used to this it happens everytime I say anything that anyone could even perceive as being negative towards howell

We’re not talking about Howell. We’re talking about Bienemy. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

I'm used to this it happens everytime I say anything that anyone could even perceive as being negative towards howell

🤷‍♂️, I was referring to your “lose the locker room” observation and subsequent smack downs.  In retrospect, don’t ya think that nugget was just a lil silly?

3 hours ago, mac8887 said:

Ron has lost the locker room already