Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I see a mid qb on a mid roster/team with a below mid coaching staff.

On the unlikely occasions that we can construct AND execute a gameplan that hides his glaring weaknesses AND accentuates his (considerable) strengths AND his mid defense gets him a turnover late, he prolly/maybe can string together a couple quarters of solid football and squeeze out a win against a 2-7 team.

IOW, he and we are as 4-5 as we can possibly be.  There will need to be considerable improvement…but I think he’s got a chance to do it.  There’s plenty of upside to go along with the small mountain of red flags.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I see a mid qb on a mid roster/team with a below mid coaching staff.

On the unlikely occasions that we can construct AND execute a gameplan that hides his glaring weaknesses AND accentuates his (considerable) strengths AND his mid defense gets him a turnover late, he prolly/maybe can string together a couple quarters of solid football and squeeze out a win against a 2-7 team.

IOW, he and we are as 4-5 as we can possibly be.  There will need to be considerable improvement…but I think he’s got a chance to do it.  There’s plenty of upside to go along with the small mountain of red flags.

I appreciate when folks speak up. Lets me know who to actively ignore on the topic of quarterbacks. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Young looks terrible. Howell has one season on the bench and one start on him. Now that’s not nothing, but imagine what the hype would be on Young if he was playing like Howell—and he’s smaller! That’s how heavily pedigree weighs in our minds. What Howell is doing is very very impressive. Other fanbases would kill for their young pedigreed QBs to be producing like this. People need some perspective and to get over the fact that he fell in the draft. 

I wonder what Dallas message boards looked like while Romo (and later Dak) were breaking out. The few that have fully literate Dallas fans, I mean. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 3

Howell to me looks like an Acura right now at a minimum.

Howell being the real deal (and it’s trending big time that way) would make the 2024 off season an all time fun one.

90 million of cap space. 5 top 3 rounds picks. And likely with a stud GM running this. Building around a good young QB.

It’s cool to have some  good times. We’ve earned it 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I love the Howell projections.  He has less than a full season of games under his belt, in a new system, bad ol and people want something more than top 5 numbers.  Lol…wow.   
Sammy’s firey outward leadership style will start to blossom as he gets more experience.  
he’s a stud folks.  Really not sure what kind of production your eyes need to think otherwise

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

Young looks terrible. Howell has one season on the bench and one start on him. Now that’s not nothing, but imagine what the hype would be on Young if he was playing like Howell—and he’s smaller! That’s how heavily pedigree weighs in our minds. What Howell is doing is very very impressive. Other fanbases would kill for their young pedigreed QBs to be producing like this. People need some perspective and to get over the fact that he fell in the draft. 

I wonder what Dallas message boards looked like while Romo (and later Dak) were breaking out. The few that have fully literally Dallas fans, I mean. 

What was the deal there? Didn’t the GM want Stroud but Tepper overruled him? Is that what happened or am I making that up?

Well they are in position to do what AZ did and take QBs in the first I’m back to back years…oh wait.

They are in a bad spot.

If we drafted Howell in the first round last year, everybody would be pumped for the future, knowing he hasn’t peaked as a player.  

Call it what you want, but Jon Allen was emphatic after the game, that Sam is their dude for the next 5-10 years.  After a game where he threw a god awful pick that could have blown the game.  I don’t feel like he goes out of his way to say that about Sam just because.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

I love the Howell projections.  He has less than a full season of games under his belt, in a new system, bad ol and people want something more than top 5 numbers.  Lol…wow.   
Sammy’s firey outward leadership style will start to blossom as he gets more experience.  
he’s a stud folks.  Really not sure what kind of production your eyes need to think otherwise

I figure it's been so long since we had a QB that could play, too many are confused by us having one that will be great!!

Edited by Skintime
  • Like 2