Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

Theres "cool" as a player but man howell takes it to a whole nother level. Looks completely aloof out there. Just absolutely zero emotion in any direction. Not a fan of it. Smile a bit. Be angry a bit. Look like youre having fun at least.

He should wax his eyebrows too. Sheesh its almost a monobrow! Unacceptable.

• Haha 2

I expected Sam to struggle bc he was facing Belicheck and he hasn’t really played well in consecutive weeks. The insane INT aside, he kicked ass. I really enjoy watching him simply throw the football. It’s so smooth at times. And i don’t know what the hell it is but the sack problem is basically gone? Or at least we know he/they are capable of adjusting and not being historically terrible ? Either way, very encouraging. 

Not to mention if our sorry ass WRs could make a damn play once in awhile, his numbers would have looked incredible. WR is a need this offseason for me. Someone said it here earlier but plz get Tee Higgins this offseason. 

I’m also just not impressed with Bieniemy. I’m sure he has a good amount of responsibility for Sam looking good but also feel like he could do more for Sam at the same time. 4th quarter offense was horrendous. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Like 4

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I expected Sam to struggle bc he was facing Belicheck and he hasn’t really played well in consecutive weeks. The insane INT aside, he kicked ass. I really enjoy watching him simply throw the football. It’s so smooth at times. And i don’t know what the hell it is but the sack problem is basically gone? Or at least we know he/they are capable of adjusting and not being historically terrible ? Either way, very encouraging. 

Not to mention if our sorry ass WRs could make a damn play once in awhile, his numbers would have looked incredible. WR is a need this offseason for me. Someone said it here earlier but plz get Tee Higgins this offseason. 

Other than Terry on occasion our WRs cant ever make THAT play. Dyami had a ball go thru his hands. Dotson tried some one hand nonsense. Even Terry had a ball in his hands that a DB knocked loose(more a good play by the DB but still, itd be nice to make that play).

You can make a legit argument that Howell is the best player on this offense, and by virtue the whole team. Insane.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Other than Terry on occasion our WRs cant ever make THAT play. Dyami had a ball go thru his hands. Dotson tried some one hand nonsense. Even Terry had a ball in his hands that a DB knocked loose(more a good play by the DB but still, itd be nice to make that play).

You can make a legit argument that Howell is the best player on this offense, and by virtue the whole team. Insane.

I’d say Terry but he’s for sure 2nd on offense and definitely top 5 on the team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That wasn't intentional one handed.  DBs pin one hand to the body as a receiver is attempting to catch the ball.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

That wasn't intentional one handed.  DBs pin one hand to the body as a receiver is attempting to catch the ball.  

Idk man. I’m tired of the excuses for the one unit that got ridiculous hype coming into the season. The WR play has been seriously underwhelming this year. Make a damn play for once. To give credit to Dotson, he’s played better 

• Like 1

Next step for Howell is changing plays at the line and knowing when to push no huddle when we have favorable personnel matchups. 

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Idk man. I’m tired of the excuses for the one unit that got ridiculous hype coming into the season. The WR play has been seriously underwhelming this year. Make a damn play for once. To give credit to Dotson, he’s played better 

Agreed. You gotta make a play sometimes. Even the best QBs have their receivers make some brilliant catches. 

Im done w Dyami. Dude has not made a single play in three years. Dotson is waking up at least.

If somehow were in position to draft Harrison jr or Keon Coleman you go for it. Then you got a REAL WR trio.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

Theres "cool" as a player but man howell takes it to a whole nother level. Looks completely aloof out there. Just absolutely zero emotion in any direction. Not a fan of it. Smile a bit. Be angry a bit. Look like youre having fun at least.

And if he were showing more ermotion you would sayhe is not taking too serious needs to get better before getting so excited. 

It's perfectly acceptable and even encouraged to question his play - how does he read Ds, what kind of arm does he have, is he getting better each week or worse? How does the tream react to him when the game is on the line. how does he react? And while i really like what I see so far there are still some questions to be answered as it's been just a few games. But, when in the end all you can come up with is, he does show enough emotion - sorry my friend but that is lame as ****. 

Oh and....  

image.png.fa16dd8d4b257eb8b92d1c7dd3fc123f.png

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Catch the damn ball. Lol

I watch WRs do circus **** with defenders hanging off them every week. Our guys never do that. Even Terry hasn’t been that kind of player this year. 

The Patriots receivers were even making some great catches. I would not trade ours for theres but it would be nice if we could see a bailout catch every now and again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

You have to be more physical as a receiver and also expect that. Can’t allow it to happen - and if does you have to make your case for an Oscar and get the flag!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Looks to me like the sudden drop in sacks is more of a game plan change than anything else. More short yardage quick hitters and available hot reads ,which is great but also makes you wonder why they didn’t do it earlier. 🤷‍♂️

That and replacing Gates and Charles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Catch the damn ball. Lol

I watch WRs do circus **** with defenders hanging off them every week. Our guys never do that. Even Terry hasn’t been that kind of player this year. 

when your up high and shoved at your shoulders, it’s a bit harder to pull that in especially as the ball is getting there and pushing your positioning at the very last second.  That’s called majority of the time.

but agree he hasn’t been making plays this year like he has in the past but I don’t put that ball today on him.  That was a missed call all day and a play I don’t think many others make in that same situation given the timing/location of the shove and where the ball was at the time.  Bang bang play but it was definitely early

Just now, steve09ru said:

when your up high and shoved at your shoulders, it’s a bit harder to pull that in especially as the ball is getting there and pushing your positioning at the very last second.  That’s called majority of the time.

but agree he hasn’t been making plays this year like he has in the past but I don’t put that ball today on him.  That was a missed call all day and a play I don’t think many others make in that same situation given the timing/location of the shove and where the ball was at the time.  Bang bang play but it was definitely early

I dont blame Terry either but itd be nice if he can make that play. 

Dyami letting one go right through his hands triggers me more. What a colossal disappointment as a player yet we keep scheming plays for him. He is trash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Next step for Howell is changing plays at the line and knowing when to push no huddle when we have favorable personnel matchups. 

He has demonstrated growth from game to game. I think he will have that down fully by next year. Its not mentioned often but his durability is insane for someone that has been pummeled so often. I dont think I have ever seen him limp or shake anything off. He hasn't taken any monster hits besides the big hit in game one. He has all the physical gifts to be great so like you say it will be the mental aspect that elevates his game to new heights. The fact he is the son of a coach means something for his mental acumen prospects IMO. He is super young so there will be the stupid plays here and there. Super excited to see him do well. We have our guy. Its about time!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont blame Terry either but itd be nice if he can make that play. 

Dyami letting one go right through his hands triggers me more. What a colossal disappointment as a player yet we keep scheming plays for him. He is trash. 

100%- between him, Dotson and Thomas - they are killing drives. At least the latter 2 are making other plays.

happy with Pringle today though.  Adjusted on pressures and came up huge multiple times

• Like 1