Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I bet it’s already well underway. 

There’s no question a firm is compiling a list of GM candidates.

What happens with that list, who knows.  But the list is being compiled.

I actually think there is a good chance they win 2 of 3 to pull to 5-6. 

Then the season will be on the line the next few weeks. 

The number to watch is the loss column getting to 8.  Once that happens, they will either miss the playoffs or have to win out.  

Once the loss column reads 8, it’s basically all over.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've heard some say Josh indeed does. I mentioned it before.  But I am not sure he's the be all and end all either.  I forgot who said it but I mentioned it on one of the threads, a reporter said i don't know a lot of what they are thinking but I know they like the QB. 

Russini also said on her Junkies appearance that asking around the league, Sam has gotten props where some also think he's the answer.

But agree that this regime has self serving reasons to push this narrative.

As for what the next FO thinks, will see.  But I've heard enough (even Standig referenced it now) that if you are expecting a tear down next off season, you are likely going to be dissappointed with the disclaimer that anything is possible with a new FO.   But strong vibes they want to compete in 2024 right now.  From a business standpoint, it makes sense to me. 

How many fans can this franchise lose to the Ravens or whomever with hey just bear with the losing rap some more.  Also is that the environment they want while pushing for a new stadium?   Also this is 21st century -- teams can rebuild fast -- a season or two when they have picks-cap room.  See the Lions. 

As far as Howell goes, I think it will work out organically as it should.   If he as you say has a mid type season -- and flashes in that process with the whole offense seemingly on his plate.  No running game.  No defense.  But they have him throw 40 times a game like he's Dan Marino.  You'd figure that's pretty good for a dude who is basically a rookie QB.  Many as you know rookie QBs struggle their first years as starters.

Usually guys get three give or take seasons if they show some flashes of success.  For example, the Bears.  I was listening to one of their beat guys talk about their team and Sweat and say he gets the sense they've seen enough from Justin Fields and are ready to move on.  I gather the Patriots likely the same with Mac Jones, etc.    

If Howell sucks for most of the rest of the season, I'd gather they look elswhere.   If he plays well, I'd gather they ride with him, simple as that.  Or on the off chance they end up with the first or 2nd pick, they'd go QB, just like another other team would likely do the same.  But the wildcard is what does the new GM think, do they love McCarthy or Penix or whomever?  And reading about Josh I don't think his opinion about Howell is the key, he's likely to defer to the GM.

When opposing players are raving about Sam Howell then I gotta believe that speaks volumes. Just look around the league at all of the young QB's who are really struggling and it puts the progress Howell has made in perspective. Incredibly, despite all of the sacks and lumps Sam has taken, he really has hung in there and shown that he can play in the league. Sam has all of the tools, just imagine if he had a defense and a half decent offensive line. I don't even think there's a conversation on whether Sam is the guy moving forward, we have plenty of other problems to worry about besides him...most notably our coaching staff and front office. The losses to the Bears and NYG have to be eye openers regarding the future of the management/head coach.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 4

Theres "cool" as a player but man howell takes it to a whole nother level. Looks completely aloof out there. Just absolutely zero emotion in any direction. Not a fan of it. Smile a bit. Be angry a bit. Look like youre having fun at least.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Thumb down 3

1 hour ago, Stihl89 said:

Theres "cool" as a player but man howell takes it to a whole nother level. Looks completely aloof out there. Just absolutely zero emotion in any direction. Not a fan of it. Smile a bit. Be angry a bit. Look like youre having fun at least.

oh dear lord…… 

Edited by stoshuaj
Looking for a bang my skull on a table icon
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Or at least cry after the game with his mommy.

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I guess when your theory about Howell not being good enough starts to fall apart you gotta cling to something. 😆

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

/Theres "cool" as a player but man howell takes it to a whole nother level. Looks completely aloof out there. Just absolutely zero emotion in any direction. Not a fan of it. Smile a bit. Be angry a bit. Look like youre having fun at least.

Caleb? Is that you? Sorry about the loss last night, big guy.

3 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

They have cut the playbook in half if you havent noticed 

I notice more quick throws but we also took deep shots today. Only hit one but shoulda hit more if the receivers could make a play.

Howell is legit. If he gives me one more game like today/last week in Seattle, Ill be sold and all in.

15 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

A lot of good but I hate the pick in the endzone and the deep throw on 3rd and 6 to clinch the game.

Pick was awful. The 3rd and 6 I put on EB. We need to call a better play there.

We dont have enough guys helping Howell. He’s actually carrying a lot of the slack.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

No way you could know that if they haven’t said it. And they haven’t said it. 

What they HAVE said is that they needed to improve play calling. The OC said that himself. 

• Like 2

I take it he is not at yours dating level then. Might want to find someone else in the bar then... a guy with a huge smile on his face. 

• Haha 4

You have high potential as a poster (we don’t get too many new active contributors here each year so the new voices stick out to me) but insist on only posting ****eyed QB posts. Branch out, we know how you feel about Howell. Until we all have more info there’s really nothing more to be said from your POV on it. It comes across very singleminded and biased.

30 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

…what? We’re seeing more variety in playcalling and especially run/pass sequencing in the past two weeks than we saw the entire season prior to that. We are not seeing less variety. Larsen not screwing the pooch on protections like Gates was helps as well, of course.

Like I said. Maybe post about some other stuff and build a rep as a reputable thinker because you’re dropping some duds in here. 

Edited by Conn