Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 hours ago, RabidFan said:

I'm happy with Howell but damn if that DTR guy we were told our FO was interested in drafting this year (even as a backup) looks impressive.

Definitely looks like he’d have been a better pick than KJ Henry, given our dearth of QB3 options (and the general importance of forever refreshing the QB talent on the roster) and the way Andre Jones seems to be beating out Henry for a roster spot anyways. 

I can't believe I'm going to say this... I hope SIP is sitting down:

Even though I didn't like DTR... at all (still don't, really, but he's at least better than I thought he'd be)... He would have been an upgrade to QB3 for sure.

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Even though I didn't like DTR... at all (still don't, really, but he's at least better than I thought he'd be)... He would have been an upgrade to QB3 for sure.

It's early, but you might have a large portion of crow being served up soon.

Kids got the right coach to succeed that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's early, but you might have a large portion of crow being served up soon.

Kids got the right coach to succeed that's for sure.

It's okay. The amount of crow owed back to me for several hits is more than worth it. 

No one has apologized for their bad takes on Buechele and he has clearly been a GOAT candidate QB3 since he entered the League.

:ols:

In all seriousness, I see the same issue with DTR now that I did on film. He still isn't good as a passer. But, at the same time, he looks just as good as Watson as a passer and about $200M cheaper. And he does have developmental upside. 

And to SIP's point to me on his like of DTR, his legs and movement ability were a big reason he liked him. And it looks like he was 100% correct that his legs would be a really key thing for him at the next level. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

This is a good sign.  Despite some members of this fanbase insisting otherwise, Brissett is an average backup.

Brissett is a good QB and if we didn't have Howell, he's the FA I wanted to come start this year, but Howell is and has been QB1 for a while.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

He's an average starter but an outstanding backup.

So outstanding that he's never been able to keep a team in the hunt when the starter was injured.  There is a reason this is team #4 in 4 years.  Howell losing the job to him would have been extremely disturbing.  Glad he didn't though.  Need him to stay healthy all year.

Officially official 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

You would be an upgrade at our QB3 spot.

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Last QB to play all season was Captain Kirk 2017...WSH leads NFL in a string of starting QBs with 12...Chances Jacoby starts in 2023 is like 125%

Maybe fix the OL? Hmmmmm, nah!

Getting better QBs would help also.

Off the top of my head:

Alex Smith - Very unfortunate/unlucky injury.

McCoy - Couldn’t stay healthy if he was behind the Hogs and isn’t good

Butt Fumble - Very Bad

Josh Johnson - isn’t good

Case Keenum - isn’t good

Dwayne Haskins (RIP) - wasn’t good

Kyle Allen - wasn’t good

REDACTED - Atrocious

Fitzy - 16 snaps and hurt

Garret Gilbert - COVID QB isn’t good 

Wentz - Isn’t good

Sam Howell - Starting his first ballot HOF in earnest on September 10.

Not good QBs tend to get hurt/benched at a higher rate than good QBs.  

12 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

But he had a winning record last year, lol. Not many QB's around here have been able to say that. 

I could not figure out what QB I was missing off the list to save my life.

thank you for that.

I agree…atrocious. 

5 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

But he had a winning record last year, lol. Not many QB's around here have been able to say that. 

It is a true and factual statement the combination of defensive talent, running the stuffing out of the ball and the ritual sacrifices REDACTED undoubtably made to the football gods allowed the team to win in spite of his deplorable play more often than his deplorable play cost them games.  Oh, and before anybody posts the 4 good passes he threw in whatever it was, 10 games, last year, yes, he had a few good plays which weren't aided by luck.  I will concede 1 good play a game all on his own.  

Deplorable.  Despicable.  Atrocious.  Horrendous.  XFL Backup QB.  

:P

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

VOR moxie < TH moxie :806:

TH's Moxie: Throw short into triple coverage and expect the back judge to take out the safety for you:

Official runs into Vikings defender, wacky touchdown follows | Taiwan News  | 2022-11-07 07:37:05

• Like 1
  • Haha 5