Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

Was it a great snap? No, but that's a slightly high snap that any QB should easily be able to wrangle in. The only person who had an easier catch on that play was the DB Heinicke threw it to.

I hate to be "that" guy but this was clearly another limitation of TH's limited physical stature. With a couple more inches of height, That problem does not happen. That same snap hits Wentz in the nadz.

and that is about all the focusing on the snap I wanna do.

When said malfunction like that occurs, there is no way on this Earth you don't send a kid in the lower bowl home w/ a souvenir outside of 4th down. You don't throw a blind hot route. Dumbest thing TH did all day.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, method man said:

A cheap bridge starter option this offseason will be Gardner Minshew.

This is who I wanted to trade for back in 2021.  I would be 100% for signing Minshew.  Wouldn't be splashy, but I don't think they need to be overly splashy on a QB.  Just need a competent one.  And I think Minshew is one.

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

This is who I wanted to trade for back in 2021.  I would be 100% for signing Minshew.  Wouldn't be splashy, but I don't think they need to be overly splashy on a QB.  Just need a competent one.  And I think Minshew is one.

Well, he's about to start a pretty important game against the Cowboys, so his value will be on full display. He'll probably finish the year as the starter. 

36 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

He's everything I want in a quarterback. Except sucking.

Love the player, hate his game.

Although seeing him selfishly ruin another needed TD run for personal reasons, makes me question how much I could like the guy.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hes a fine backup. Hes just being forced to play beyond his capabilities. 

He's Rudy reutiger.

All heart, no skill and an underdog story for the ages.

That's why people love him just as they did Rudy.

It sure as hell isn't because of his gaudy stats.

Edited by redskinss

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that I thought we’ve turned the corner in the least, but Snapgate wasn’t what I expected when I woke up this morning.

At what point do the football gods look down and see arguments like this and bless us with a legitimate QB?

Yeah, I should know by now not to go down these rabbit holes with Hivers. Sigh.

• Like 1

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

Way to give confidence to your QB.  Geez.   Just bench him already.

This is basically Heinicke in a nutshell. He sucks for 90% of the game but will then pull something great out of his ass once or twice, and that's enough to somehow keep hope alive and extend the leash a little bit. It's crazy how consistently it happens. The only thing more uncanny is how nobody can catch his interceptions.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Heinicke isn’t a good qb (or close to it).  As has been said ad nauseam, the margins are thin with him behind center.  

With that said, I’m not sure I understand the idea that he had a poor game (compared to his norm), that he’s worn out, teams have figured him out, or he’s falling off “like last year”.  

Sucks to be in this position with a poor pass blocking oline and our other qb options being Wentz (who is probably a liability behind this oline, and has the contract/injury concern), and a rook, going up against some good pass rushes these last few weeks.  Part of me wants to see them get in the game, and part of me is concerned about the possibility.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Well, he's about to start a pretty important game against the Cowboys, so his value will be on full display. He'll probably finish the year as the starter. 

Agreed and he is competent enough to take the Giants out. He is going to make himself at least high end backup money in free agency. Let Turner and TH go and bring in a WCO OC like Reich with Minshew (the Steichen system comes from the Reich system)

4 minutes ago, method man said:

Agreed and he is competent enough to take the Giants out. He is going to make himself at least high end backup money in free agency. Let Turner and TH go and bring in a WCO OC like Reich with Minshew (the Steichen system comes from the Reich system)

They extended Scott Turner. I really think Ron is all in on this coaching staff, they will all go down with the ship once the team is sold. 

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

They extended Scott Turner. I really think Ron is all in on this coaching staff, they will all go down with the ship once the team is sold. 

You are likely right but I hope Ron sees that Turner is the limiting factor foe what this team can do in Year 4. That is going to be Ron’s last stand as an NFL HC

Just now, method man said:

You are likely right but I hope Ron sees that Turner is the limiting factor foe what this team can do in Year 4. That is going to be Ron’s last stand as an NFL HC

Yeah I don't agree personally. The limiting factor to me is QB/Oline. That said I don't really have much faith in this Coaching staff. 

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

Yeah I don't agree personally. The limiting factor to me is QB/Oline. That said I don't really have much faith in this Coaching staff. 

A big reason why KOC didn’t take the job here is he wanted a say in the position coaches and he didn’t get it. A new guy would have to deal with this bunch. A guy who is desperate to get back into the NFL like Jay would take the gig in a heartbeat but Reich would have options

4 minutes ago, method man said:

A big reason why KOC didn’t take the job here is he wanted a say in the position coaches and he didn’t get it. A new guy would have to deal with this bunch. A guy who is desperate to get back into the NFL like Jay would take the gig in a heartbeat but Reich would have options

I think we're gonna wait a year. 1st step is a new owner. Then they can install a new GM asap. That GM will probably roll with Ron and company for 1 lame duck season. Start Howell next year, see if he has the goods and then get ready for 2024. Hopefully by then we can attract a real HC. Someone young with good ideas on how to run a modern NFL offense.

15 minutes ago, method man said:

Not sure how anyone can come to a conclusion one way or the other about Turner when he hasn't had a real QB to work with in his time here so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redskinss said:

That's what we've been doing for years and where has it gotten us?

Every last person on this forum knows how big of a problem the offensive line is but for the last 30 years we've mostly had a solid line with a few bad years mixed in and been lousy at the skill positions with a few good years mixed in.

For as long as I can remember the biggest gripe on here has been that we need blue chip talent at the skill positions and now that it looks like we may finally be breaking through that barrier it seems a few are longing for the days of old.

It's much easier to draft and or sign talented offensive lineman than it is to do it with the skill positions. 

We could have this offensive line fixed in one offseason but we've spent the last 30 trying to nail down running back and receiver. 

This team feels close they just need an offseason to fix the line and a quarterback (which is the tough part) and it'll be very competitive. 

The Giants outplayed us both games and not because of their skill players.  I couldn't even name a skill player besides Barkley.  They are built better on the lines (they do have the better QB but not by much).