Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

I disagree.  First, I think it can be argued that Taylor should have caught the snap.  It appears to be at about his eye level.  Looks higher at first blush because Taylor knocked it way up in the air.  Second, he had time and got himself set for that throw, and clearly saw Dotson.  But, third, he failed to lead Dotson, who had a step or two on the defender.  Dotson had to come to a stop because of Taylor's inaccurate throw, allowing the defender to catch up and step in front.  Should have been a TD with an NFL QB passing, and should have been a pick, once the poor pass occurred.

Hits his fingertips and bounce the ball up in the air kinda a hard to catch a ball that doesn't hit your hands directly. The ball is going up and away and not straight at him. But at least because of his quickness he was able to track the ball up in the air and re-catch it. So I will give him that at least. 

image.thumb.png.83c84ffa4b262ded76e81fc642340b22.png

image.thumb.png.118f968dbea7d55503d32b2a6dbc7d21.png

image.thumb.png.119c95f52821251b63c92ce568156875.png

You third point is incorrect. Dotson is behind the defender and not in front of him. Also no where in the broadcast they show that had Dotson stopped running. You can watch it here: https://nbafullhd.com/92230-2/

image.thumb.png.e6304e9334f69edf959fc2e18b0a1339.png

image.thumb.png.a9b0beded736dcf8a9ccc3abca93368a.png

image.thumb.png.db72d5d2ef8c579f5b36e620179b6022.png

Even with a "real" QB that is still an INT if thrown in the same exact spot since Dotson is behind the defender and not in front of him. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

It's official we broke 1k pages on how bad out QB's are.....again.  Should lock this thread until we have a QB.....same **** every day all day. I'm out of this thread until a name in the title changes. 

Nothing will change at the QB level until our O-line improves.

It's a sick game the FO has played on us for 20+ years. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

Hits his fingertips and bounce the ball up in the air kinda a hard to catch a ball that doesn't hit your hands directly. The ball is going up and away and not straight at him. But at least because of his quickness he was able to track the ball up in the air and re-catch it. So I will give him that at least. 

Your own post shows the ball literally hitting him in both hands right in front of his own face. Was it a great snap? No, but that's a slightly high snap that any QB should easily be able to wrangle in. The only person who had an easier catch on that play was the DB Heinicke threw it to.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Your own post shows the ball literally hitting him in both hands right in front of his own face. Was it a great snap? No, but that's a slightly high snap that any QB should easily be able to wrangle in. The only person who had an easier catch on that play was the DB Heinicke threw it to.

I also provided the link to the game. You could go and watch it yourself and see it as well. It was not a direct snap and catches him off guard. It is going through his finger tips in the still I was able to pause it on. Kinda a hard to catch a ball with your fingertips though. Does wearing pads have an effect on how high you can extend your arms? Legit question not trying to be funny or anything. 

Edited by zCommander

6 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I also provided the link to the game. You could go and watch it yourself and see it as well. It was not a direct snap and catches him off guard. It is going through his finger tips in the still I was able to pause it on. Kinda a hard to catch a ball with your fingertips though. Does wearing pads have an effect on how high you can extend your arms? Legit question not trying to be funny or anything. 

Why did he only get his fingertips on it? It wasn't that high, just a little bit. The images you posted show the ball coming in a little high and straight for his head. He already had his hands up in position to catch the snap, so he basically needed to move his arms/hands up just a few inches to haul it in, but couldn't. 

That's like saying a WR wasn't blame for a drop because it hit his fingertips, even though it was only slightly high so he didn't have to extend far for it. As an NFL receiver, if it hits you in both hands, you need to make that catch. Same with a QB and a slightly high snap.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Why did he only get his fingertips on it? It wasn't that high, just a little bit. The images you posted show the ball coming in a little high and straight for his head. He already had his hands up in position to catch the snap, so he basically needed to move his arms/hands up just a few inches to haul it in, but couldn't. 

That's like saying a WR wasn't blame for a drop because it hit his fingertips, even though it was only slightly high so he didn't have to extend far for it. As an NFL receiver, if it hits you in both hands, you need to make that catch. Same with a QB and a slightly high snap.

Not sure why everything has to be a blame game with you lol

I also said go and watch the game (https://nbafullhd.com/92230-2/) it is at the 25:38 mark and see it for yourself. You will see what I am talking about. 

9 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Not sure why everything has to be a blame game with you lol

I also said go and watch the game (https://nbafullhd.com/92230-2/) it is at the 25:38 mark and see it for yourself. You will see what I am talking about. 

It isn't, but you've historically done everything you can around here to absolve Heinicke of blame for...almost anything. It was a slightly high snap that he should have been able to easily handle, and which most NFL QBs handle every once in a while. Can we stop acting like it was snapped 2 feet over his head? It was a few inches higher than it should have been, and if your QB can't move his arms up a few inches to haul it in, then there's a problem with your QB.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It isn't, but you've historically done everything you can around here to absolve Heinicke of blame for...almost anything. It was a slightly high snap that he should have been able to easily handle, and which most NFL QBs handle every once in a while. Can we stop acting like it was snapped 2 feet over his head? It was a few inches higher than it should have been, and if your QB can't move his arms up a few inches to haul it in, then there's a problem with your QB.

I will not support exgauration like you are doing right now. Your stance is like well it should have not happened and I refuse to see it any other ways. To you there is no such things as physics in this world or velocity or speed.  Taylor should have just jumped higher or grown two inches. And if he can't grow two inches then fire him. At least I don't do that.

Btw, we do have a taller QB sitting on the bench. Ron needs to put him in to fix these high snaps issues. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I will not support exgauration like you are doing right now. Your stance is like well it should have not happened and I refuse to see it any other ways. To you there is no such things as physics in this world or velocity or speed.  Taylor should have just jumped higher or grown two inches. And if he can't grow two inches then fire him. At least I don't do that.

Btw, we do have a taller QB sitting on the bench. Ron needs to put him in to fix these high snaps issues. 

Look at the two pictures you posted which show before the ball gets there and as it gets there. It's literally a few inches difference. Can't you move your arms up a few inches pretty quickly? The entire point is that while the snap was a little high, it was completely catchable, and as an NFL player if the ball hits you in the hands, you need to catch it. 

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Look at the two pictures you posted which show before the ball gets there and as it gets there. It's literally a few inches difference. Can't you move your arms up a few inches pretty quickly? The entire point is that while the snap was a little high, it was completely catchable, and as an NFL player if the ball hits you in the hands, you need to catch it. 

The ball hits his fingertips and bounce up. If it hits you in your hand you catch it. Pretty simple really. As for can I move my arms up quickly. I just tried and looks like I can. I will let Taylor know next time I see him to move his arms up a bit. 

• Thumb down 1

13 minutes ago, zCommander said:

The ball hits his fingertips and bounce up. If it hits you in your hand you catch it. Pretty simple really. As for can I move my arms up quickly. I just tried and looks like I can. I will let Taylor know next time I see him to move his arms up a bit. 

Again, the ball only hits him in the fingertips because he apparently can't move his arms up a few inches quickly. Maybe the team doctors should check him for arthritis?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Again, the ball only hits him in the fingertips because he apparently can't move his arms up a few inches quickly. Maybe the team doctors should check him for arthritis?

Nah. Just call Nike to have them add couple of inches to his shoes instead. 

• Thumb down 1

11 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

It sounds like Ron is right up to the line in the sand to make a change at QB, I just wonder why Ron would even give Heinicke the entire 49ers job to save his job.  If Heinicke gets out to another mediocre start, but the game is still in doubt going into halftime, just bench him then.  This isn't like throwing a rookie out there into a pressure situation. Wentz, like him or not is a vet QB that should be able to handle the situation.....as well as he could behind this O-line that is.  

I don't think Wentz is any kind of magic pill at this point, but there's just too much being left on the field at this point.  At the time of season you need to be playing your best, Heinicke is regressing and/or just not improving on the small things. 

Although I also don't think that against the 49ers and with this O-Line a switch to Wentz would change much, he actually has owned the 49ers so far. He's 3-0 against them in his career, including two away wins both last year with Indy and the year before with the Eagles (so even in his disastrous 2020 season).

Edited by Vandelay_Industries

I still really wish the practice squad had 2-3 reserved spots for protecting quarterbacks to be developed.

I think a big part of why there are so many guys who fail as a QB is because they aren't given time to develop. I think that's so important.

I'd also reach a deal with the XFL/USFL and allow my guys to go play there. It's not NFL but it is minor league and the QBs could really benefit from reps. Downside is language and terminology vary so much in football that unless the teams were directly affiliated with a NFL team it just wouldn't work. 

The 2-3 protected QB spots on the PS is a better answer.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

How about we build the line and then worry about QB and WR?    

That's what we've been doing for years and where has it gotten us?

Every last person on this forum knows how big of a problem the offensive line is but for the last 30 years we've mostly had a solid line with a few bad years mixed in and been lousy at the skill positions with a few good years mixed in.

For as long as I can remember the biggest gripe on here has been that we need blue chip talent at the skill positions and now that it looks like we may finally be breaking through that barrier it seems a few are longing for the days of old.

It's much easier to draft and or sign talented offensive lineman than it is to do it with the skill positions. 

We could have this offensive line fixed in one offseason but we've spent the last 30 trying to nail down running back and receiver. 

This team feels close they just need an offseason to fix the line and a quarterback (which is the tough part) and it'll be very competitive.